Author Topic: Beta 9/10 Released: Issues/Bug Reporting  (Read 4349 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Beta 9/10 Released: Issues/Bug Reporting
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2016, 09:42:17 AM »
I found the turret rotation/ tank shaking - rotation issue so no more reports needed on that.

HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2016, 10:06:11 AM »
Case 1 I understand: I drive a tank to an enemy base and take out the auto ack.  Then I drive through or near the pennant and it attaches to my tank.  I then drive back to my base and exit and my side captures that enemy base.
Correct.

Case 2 has me confused:  I see an enemy trying to run off with our base pennant.  I kill him and the pennant sticks in the ground where he died.  Now what do I do?  I tried driving out there to bring back the pennant but it just says the pennant is dropped and it then disappears.  Now my base doesn't have a pennant.  How do the enemy capture it (other than bring troops)?
The issue has to do with griefer trying to hide a pennant.  So if you try driving away from the field the the pennant will be moved back to  where you picked it up after a period of time to the point where you were closest to the base.

I had not thought of issues with bridges in  tank town how you may have to drive away to get over a bridge. I'll come up with a solution for this.

Case 3:  I capture an enemy base using troops because it has no pennant.  As soon as the base is captured the pennant appears at the maproom.  However my M3 immediately grabs the pennant and then it disappears when I try to land.  Now the newly captured base has no pennant.
This is a bug, you should not be able to capture with troops when the game type is capture the flag. Where did the pennant go?

Appended:
I was just looking at tank land and I do not see any missing pennants for V3 and v7.

Appended: #2
Found them up north west, appears was a storch moving them.

HiTech
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 10:15:08 AM by hitech »

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2016, 10:22:52 AM »
Appended:
I was just looking at tank land and I do not see any missing pennants for V3 and v7.

Appended: #2
Found them up north west, appears was a storch moving them.

HiTech

I came back a day later to check and the bases that were missing pennants were still missing them then.  So they were missing for at least ~12 hours.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2016, 10:54:33 AM »
I came back a day later to check and the bases that were missing pennants were still missing them then.  So they were missing for at least ~12 hours.

Do you have your map set to show the pennant's location?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2016, 11:04:17 AM »

Yes I do, which ones do you think are missing?
Also make sure you zoom way out on the map to see them.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2016, 11:16:59 AM »
Yes I do, which ones do you think are missing?
Also make sure you zoom way out on the map to see them.

HiTech

I was asking 715 if he had pennants displayed on his map. I'm wondering if he has that option off.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2016, 11:31:53 AM »
Found one missing pennant at V34. There are two there but the map shows them stacked on top of each other like only one is there. If you zoom the map in you will just see an extra top edge of the second pennant. Everywhere else, it's just pennants dropped in the boonies.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2016, 12:03:36 PM »

Probably not.  However, I was pointing out that some bases lacked pennants which I checked visually.  I didn't know they could be left lying around anywhere in the boonies.  I guess I still don't know how pennants work.  If I see a pennant in the boonies, what do I do with it?   

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2016, 12:25:29 PM »
Updated without issues.

Went to Greebo's CraterMA, set the graphics to default. At A1 one tree kept flickering in the forest in the middle of the view when looking front out of the tower. The same tree kept flickering even after visiting other fields. Trunks-leaves-trunks-leaves... Found a similar single tree at A42, looking front left in the tower. Some broadleaf with several trunks, maybe the River Birch?

On A43 looking front over the tower main desk the hill in the front left kept flashing like it didn't know whether to be high or low. There were some clouds, could that cause it?

Short bursts of 1 to 3 rounds don't give a sound every time. Tried this in the Storch and the Emil. The Storch seemed to suffer more from this, then again the Emil had more guns. The gun flashed but every second/third time no bang. FR about 30 or even less, if that explains anything.

Filmed the flickering hill and the tre but the film viewer crashed every time I tried to view it by clicking the files. When I started the Beta Game Film Viewer first I could open the films but to my surprise they were upside down! Changing the view to other than internal the image was right way, but the film showed only some grass and flowers from a frog's perspective, not the tower view. Both also show me in the 109E although I was in Tower. Does the flickering hill film work ok on other computers?

Film viewer crash details:

Ongelman tunniste:
  Ongelmatapahtuman nimi:   APPCRASH
  Sovelluksen nimi:   ahfilm.exe
  Sovelluksen versio:   0.0.0.0
  Sovelluksen aikaleima:   52ebdb25
  Vikamoduulin nimi:   ahfilm.exe
  Vikamoduulin versio:   0.0.0.0
  Vikamoduulin aikaleima:   52ebdb25
  Poikkeuskoodi:   c0000005
  Poikkeuksen poikkeama:   00028497
  Käyttöjärjestelmän versio:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Aluekohtaisten asetusten tunnus:   1035
  Lisätietoja 1:   0a9e
  Lisätietoja 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e 789
  Lisätietoja 3:   0a9e
  Lisätietoja 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e 789

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2016, 12:32:10 PM »
Probably not.  However, I was pointing out that some bases lacked pennants which I checked visually.  I didn't know they could be left lying around anywhere in the boonies.  I guess I still don't know how pennants work.  If I see a pennant in the boonies, what do I do with it?   

The pennants are labeled to show which base they belong to. 

You can right click the map to see display options.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Likened to stubbing a toe in the dark
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2016, 02:33:18 PM »
I suspect that the same mechanism showing narrow sunlit streak at night, is the same that prohibits the diffuse lighting and texture as seen in "lit" areas as opposed to "shadowed / unlit" areas of seawater.  I must insist that the contrast between the two (lit and shadowed) is too great. 

I am very hopeful, that there could be developed a new slider to adjust the diffuse lighting over seawater to allow the textures as seen in second screen shot, to be seen while flying in any direction.

Same aircraft and location, just looking back over shoulder:

From JimmyC's night time prospective:

sun rays through ships and islands

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 03:22:18 PM by Chilli »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2016, 02:37:11 PM »
CraterMA the old style GV bases with the dirt runway, the 37mm position on the tall mound still allows you to use mouse mode to see under it into the underworld. That is an oldie from the closed alpha days...... :O

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2016, 04:45:59 PM »

Do you remember back in the alpha when we were first testing capture the flag, there was a bug when the pennant dropped it showed up miles away or on the other side of the map? Did you by any chance check for that?

Yes, I did see that today when playing with pennants.  I tried to retrieve a friendly pennant from the boonies, but it dropped it automatically because I wasn't driving exactly towards the nearest friendly base (couldn't because of trees in the way).  It showed up many many miles away to the NW on the beach. 

I then retrieved it with a Storch (man that was a long climb back up the hillside).  The nearest friendly base was the wrong one, but I went there since it won't allow you to go in other directions.  When I landed and did a .dp,  I can't remember what it said, but as I took off again I still had the pennant, so I flew to the base the pennant belonged to.  I tried to air drop it, but it just picked it up again.  Finally I air dropped it from a higher altitude and it stuck on the proper base.  From this I cannot see how you would ever drop a pennant from a vehicle since it just immediately picks it back up again.

And yes, it does appear I am obsessive compulsive: gotta have each pennant in it's proper place.  ;)

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2016, 04:49:52 PM »
The pennants are labeled to show which base they belong to. 

You can right click the map to see display options.

I see that now, thanks.  When I said "missing" I meant they weren't at the base or visible nearby.  I didn't realize they could be hiding anywhere on the map.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2016, 04:57:18 PM »
The Fields Interface, where the fields were listed kept going dark, and made it difficult to select fields, If you clicked on one, it would highlight, but you could only see one at a time. This was in the Beta SEA on Europe2015

There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!