Author Topic: Dogfight : F35 vs F16  (Read 79396 times)

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Dogfight : F35 vs F16
« Reply #870 on: September 01, 2016, 03:46:21 PM »
Hope they remember to bring their gun.

:rofl

This airplane will get killed.    How close does the boat have to get to the shore again?

:aok

http://www.cnas.org/retreat-from-range#.V8iVJmfL0kI

Go Navy.  A decade late.   Can't even do what an A-7 can do.   Pathetic.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 03:53:21 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #871 on: September 02, 2016, 09:47:47 PM »
More good news  :aok

http://nordic.businessinsider.com/marines-f-35-air-to-air-and-air-to-ground-2016-9?r=US&IR=T

The US Marine Corps' F-35 just proved it's ready to take enemy airspace

During tests that concluded on September 1, US Marine Corps F-35Bs proved their ability to multitask in the exact kind of way they would need to while breaching an enemy air-defense zone.

The Marines at Edwards Air Base, California, completed multiple tests of AIM-120 Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missiles in complicated air-to-air and air-to-ground scenarios, but the highlight of the test involved a 500-pound laser-guided bomb.

An F-35B successfully dropped the 500 pounder and supported it with onboard sensors to hit a ground target while simultaneously shooting down an unmanned F-16 drone with the AIM-120.

"This was a phenomenally successful deployment that was made possible by the close coordination between the JSF Operational Test Team, US Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps and industry," Lt. Col. Rusnok, the officer in charge of the testing said in a statement emailed to Business Insider.

This test exemplifies the "multi-role" aspect of the F-35, functioning as a fighter jet and a bomber in the same moment. This test also likely means that the Navy, Air Force, and any other partner nations flying the F-35 variants will have this capability too.

Furthermore, it's much like what future F-35 pilots could expect when breaching enemy airspace, in that they'd have to deal with multiple threats at once.

Should an F-35 be detected, which would be difficult, air defenses as well as fighter planes would immediately scramble to address the threat. So for an F-35, multitasking is a must and now, a proven reality.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #872 on: September 03, 2016, 01:39:40 AM »
Ya' can't make this stuff up.

"Good news"?

Try "spin".

The A outperforms the B yet cannot enter anti-access airspace...and we are supposed to believe the B can?

This merely demonstrates the T/A-35 is woefully inadequate as an F-22 replacement/equivalent.   A single 500 lb bomb?   Big whoop.

The gun still doesn't work, either.

Also, COLONEL, it's not a deployment--it's an EMPLOYMENT.   A TEST.  Geeze...

"On day one of live fire testing, the team was able to shoot two missiles on two separate test set-ups within 12 minutes – an exceptional level of efficiency in a test environment." 

« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 01:45:12 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #873 on: September 03, 2016, 12:34:12 PM »
V isn't going to give up until this thread is locked or thru cancel the 35!

I like it, neat plane.

The catbird 767 test bed is pretty cool too.
Game handle: HellBuck

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #874 on: September 04, 2016, 10:06:02 AM »
V isn't going to give up until this thread is locked or thru cancel the 35!

I like it, neat plane.

The catbird 767 test bed is pretty cool too.

Just call me "Mister Cold Shower" -- somebody has to keep it real.

Like it all you want.  I like the Christen Eagle.  Neat plane.   But it isn't going to win a war, and neither will the Just So Failed.   The JSF is a "success" only through lowered expectations.    It's a complete boondoggle and a disaster.   Let's hope it never has to see combat against Tier 1 threats because it will get creamed.

”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #875 on: September 04, 2016, 10:16:42 AM »
Just trying to keep it light V-ray! I give you permission to turn the hot water up 1/4 turn.

Not comparing it to anything else and looking at it by itself as an airplane, you must admit they are trying some cool concepts with it, the helmet, VTOL/ and no VTOL versions of one plane, etc.

I like airplanes.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #876 on: September 04, 2016, 01:52:36 PM »
V isn't going to give up...

Yeah I know. I put him on the ignore list a long time ago. Just not worth reading.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #877 on: September 04, 2016, 05:34:09 PM »
Yeah I know. I put him on the ignore list a long time ago. Just not worth reading.

We know.  We know.  You "ignore" me.  I also know you read everything I write and attempt to counter every single fact I post--while pretending to have not read them.   :rofl  :aok

Unfortunately, truth doesn't seem to penetrate your pom-poms. 

You just can't handle acknowledging the fact that you are wrong about the JSF.   (Why you are so in love with this piece of junk I will never know.)  But that's okay.  Others get to see the truth when I post, not the official Air Force/Marine Corps/Bogdon/LockMart  spin.

Truth hurts.   But it helps us grow.  You should try it. 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 05:38:57 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #878 on: September 04, 2016, 05:44:03 PM »
Just trying to keep it light V-ray! I give you permission to turn the hot water up 1/4 turn.

Not comparing it to anything else and looking at it by itself as an airplane, you must admit they are trying some cool concepts with it, the helmet, VTOL/ and no VTOL versions of one plane, etc.

I like airplanes.

:rofl  :salute

Believe me, when I first saw it I was mesmerized.   We all were.   I was convinced this airplane was going to be revolutionary. 

But reality is a harsh mistress.   

Much to my disappointment, I began to realize this machine was a fantasy.   Had they stuck to its original mission and deployed it on time it might have had some use.   But we are talking at least five years before it is fully operational--and it is already eight years late.

It was designed for yesterday's war.

It is compromised from the getgo because of the Marine VTOL obsession. 

It is not an air superiority fighter--never will be, never can be.

It is overweight.  Over budget.  Over hyped. 

The best that can be said about it is that it is new so it will be a few years before the wings fall off.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #879 on: September 04, 2016, 07:40:40 PM »
:rofl  :salute

Believe me, when I first saw it I was mesmerized.   We all were.   I was convinced this airplane was going to be revolutionary. 

But reality is a harsh mistress.   

Much to my disappointment, I began to realize this machine was a fantasy.   Had they stuck to its original mission and deployed it on time it might have had some use.   But we are talking at least five years before it is fully operational--and it is already eight years late.

It was designed for yesterday's war.

It is compromised from the getgo because of the Marine VTOL obsession. 

It is not an air superiority fighter--never will be, never can be.

It is overweight.  Over budget.  Over hyped. 

The best that can be said about it is that it is new so it will be a few years before the wings fall off.

Blahblahblahblahblah

You're not an expert, give it a rest, those that know far more than you are happy with it and it is only getting better.
Wag more, bark less.

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #880 on: September 04, 2016, 09:54:33 PM »

Blahblahblahblahblah

You're not an expert, give it a rest, those that know far more than you are happy with it and it is only getting better.

1) I am an expert and say that with absolutely no humility.   ;)

2) I know (and fly/have flown with) people who know more than you or anyone else in this thread on the subject, i.e. F-22 and F-15 Wing Commanders, F-16 Fighter Weapons Instructors, a T-Bird Squadron Commander, Harrier pilots, ad nauseum.

3) Numbers (FACTS) don't lie, no matter how much the Air Force tries to spin it.  They've been caught in their BS and no amount of pom-pom waving is going to change that fact.

4) No, everyone is NOT happy with it.  The Canadians are trying to dump it and the Israelis (who actually know something about combat) are doing everything they can to come up with a software overlay and some of their own avionics to make the thing *HOPEFULLY* of some minor use.  ALSO, THE LEAD PENTAGON WEAPONS TEST OFFICER HAS WRITTEN UP A LAUNDRY LIST OF PROBLEMS.    HE IS SAYING THE AIRPLANE IS NOT WORKING AND WILL NOT WORK FOR SOME TIME--IF AT ALL.   That guy knows way more than YOU & GScholz and he agrees with ME.

"The F-35 remains for the IAF the only game in town. There is no other.

"Therefore we are obligated to give thanks, to praise, to laud, to glorify, to exalt, to bless, to extol and to adore the Adir, and thank the blessed Uncle Sam that gave us the right to own such a marvel, and keep our mouths shut."

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/the-f-35-joint-strike-fighter-the-analysts-grief-israels-16798

« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 12:28:00 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #881 on: September 05, 2016, 12:36:37 AM »
By your logic Vraciu, I'm an expert on coding because I know HiTech.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

HOST: HiTech Shot Down Skyyr Kill#1

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #882 on: September 05, 2016, 12:44:11 AM »
So Vraciu, you aren't a fighter pilot, you aren't an engineer, you know people who have never flown the F35, and your an expert on it because you talked to those people.

Got it.

This is the last time I interact with you in any way.
Wag more, bark less.

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #883 on: September 05, 2016, 01:26:36 AM »
So Vraciu, you aren't a fighter pilot, you aren't an engineer, you know people who have never flown the F35, and your an expert on it because you talked to those people.

Got it.

This is the last time I interact with you in any way.

Don't do me any favors.

(I don't have to be an engineer.  I can do basic math and read what the true, UNBIASED experts write.  That's enough.   Oh, and the T/A-35 is not a fighter and never will be.)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 01:31:15 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #884 on: September 05, 2016, 01:28:53 AM »
By your logic Vraciu, I'm an expert on coding because I know HiTech.

I have a lifetime of experience in aviation.   That makes me an expert. 

I know the right answers because I know where to look and who to ask.  It isn't that hard. 

I don't buy "official talking points" particularly when they don't align with reality. YMMV.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -