Author Topic: Beta 12 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Beta 12 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 02:24:23 PM »
WWI arena looks fantastic!  Puffy is insta- death though.  I get that you really don't want someone able to vulch the WWI airfield, but the accuracy and lethal effects are so high, that usually the third or fourth puffy ack puts you in the tower.  In the case of the middle close bases, you don't last very long after take off.  I am hoping this is something that you intend to fix (tweak). :joystick:

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2016, 02:47:59 PM »
Coming out of the spawn hanger in a wiribel, then going down the ramp in the drivers postion, view dips down into the grass.  This is not noticeable in the firing position.

It can be difficult to get a wirbel down the ramp get it turned without turning over.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2016, 02:57:39 PM »
There are now 3 types of Vbase along with 3 airfield types and a port. What kind of field were you at and where? Building my gunnery terrain starting in the late alpha80's and tweeking it into beta12, I've seen if you manually set the alt for the field object, some objects on the field have stood up taller. Currently I'm confused if the auto ack mounds were raised higher by Waffle so we can see them at a distance to make a de-ack run or I've caused it by manually setting the alt for a field on a 2000ft high bit of ground.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline pallero

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2016, 03:50:09 PM »
Cruisers double 5" guns. If you try to get to the front gun, you find yourself in the rear gun, and opposite.

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2016, 07:17:02 PM »
Oddness with launching on CV and not seeing where it's at.  Scenario, jumped on cv to help with action and thought there was an enemy cv firing from north.  Turns out, C21 wasn't moving at all on my map!  True location was where shots were coming from.  Uploading two recordings.

I also noticed that GV's spawn tight in the middle of trees a lot.  Not sure if that's intentional or not, but hard to get out of there and then you end upside down.  If you are good, you can drive your GV upside down quite a ways.  no recordings for that, sorry.

both attached recordings are version 0.02 beta 12.

A bit of clarification (modifying post).  After a base take, the CV appeared exactly where it should have been.  My clues were seeing friendly map icons where they shouldn't be... and the cv I thought i was on, using the map, not moving.  Once the base was taken, then CV, C21, showed up on the map where it should have been.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 07:19:48 PM by GrandpaChaps »
Uncle Fred

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2016, 09:17:02 PM »
TY Skuzzy and HT a clean install on a HD was the fix.
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!

Offline qbert55ca

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2016, 03:02:35 AM »
Just my two, well 1.5 cents worth... in all seriousness, I would not play Aces High if the beta, as it is tonight, takes the place of the present version.

- Frame rate varies from 20 to 35 on a high mid machine, I actually came away with a headache from motion sickness after playing for less than 30 min.
- I find the flight profiles to be very soft, planes tend to float rather than fly.
- Although graphics are much improved you still can't see the runways until your right on them.
- Thank you for getting rid of the scratched up windows, very rustic, but unrealistic.

In short, I'm sorry to say, this is a good step forward in the graphics department but the game as it stands now, AH2, is much more playable than the AH3 beta.

qbert :frown:

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2016, 05:01:37 AM »
Oddness with launching on CV and not seeing where it's at.

I also noticed that GV's spawn tight in the middle of trees a lot.

I added a fourth CV per side on this version of CraterMA. While I was fairly careful about assigning CVs to map rooms and ports its possible I made a mistake somewhere. Checking the fleets in the TE everything looks OK although I can't see any way to check which port a CV is linked to.

Maybe there is an issue with the game not picking up my new CVs initial courses until the base is taken, some other file that needs to be updated at the host perhaps?

I deliberately added a patch of forest through the middle of each SP to make it harder for campers to cover the whole area from any one position. If this is causing problems I can go through the SPs with a virtual axe and clear the trees away. If this is considered to be a bug by HT and there is some way it can be fixed I'll leave it as it is.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2016, 05:15:37 AM »
I added a fourth CV per side on this version of CraterMA. While I was fairly careful about assigning CVs to map rooms and ports its possible I made a mistake somewhere. Checking the fleets in the TE everything looks OK although I can't see any way to check which port a CV is linked to.

Maybe there is an issue with the game not picking up my new CVs initial courses until the base is taken, some other file that needs to be updated at the host perhaps?

I deliberately added a patch of forest through the middle of each SP to make it harder for campers to cover the whole area from any one position. If this is causing problems I can go through the SPs with a virtual axe and clear the trees away. If this is considered to be a bug by HT and there is some way it can be fixed I'll leave it as it is.
Look in your .oba file, it's much more comprehensive.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 05:19:57 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline TheFox

• Copper Member
      • http://www.fox-photography.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2016, 07:04:37 AM »
Keep getting a message which says 'ahclds' missing on each in game update.

Switch to night time very abrupt after take off in Crater arena. Daylight on runway then switch to night time in 1 second when banking after take off.

Engine sounds now seem reversed - louder looking out back.

Otherwise great :)

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2016, 09:57:58 AM »
Just my two, well 1.5 cents worth... in all seriousness, I would not play Aces High if the beta, as it is tonight, takes the place of the present version.

- Frame rate varies from 20 to 35 on a high mid machine, I actually came away with a headache from motion sickness after playing for less than 30 min.
- I find the flight profiles to be very soft, planes tend to float rather than fly.
- Although graphics are much improved you still can't see the runways until your right on them.
- Thank you for getting rid of the scratched up windows, very rustic, but unrealistic.

In short, I'm sorry to say, this is a good step forward in the graphics department but the game as it stands now, AH2, is much more playable than the AH3 beta.

I think a dxdiag would be a step in the right direction...and also remember that this is the BETA version....it is not the finished product...as I said posting you dxdiag would give HTC and the other gurus that are circling this forum some insight on what you have going on...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2016, 10:10:29 AM »

Flight models have not changed in any way.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2016, 10:19:11 AM »

The flight models are the same. They may appear different because the default field of view has changed in AH3. Try using the same setting you use in AH2 if they're different. The new FOV gives you a better frame rate so you may see it drop if you go back to a wider view. When you are used to the AH2 default of 106, the new FOV of 80 can seem cramped but it's still adjustable to your preference.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2016, 10:25:14 AM »
Keep getting a message which says 'ahclds' missing on each in game update.

Switch to night time very abrupt after take off in Crater arena. Daylight on runway then switch to night time in 1 second when banking after take off.

Engine sounds now seem reversed - louder looking out back.

Otherwise great :)

Fox I wonder if what you're seeing as night is simply clouds passing in front of sun, putting you in shadow.  When I'm offline and go to A1, not long after I spawn on the runway, it gets dark rather suddenly (not nearly as dark as night however) as a cloud bank blocks out the sun.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2016, 10:29:50 AM »
Face it Qbert, it's coming, and either you downloaded another beta than everybody else, or maybe you haven't given in to the fact that there are a number of things that are in your control that can be adjusted.  I suspect the latter.

#1 -  I won't even begin to discuss what a mid range system is, seeing that I have a low end system by today's standards and can get as high as 190 fps.

#2 -  The default field of view is very easy to change.  That alone is the single most thing that gave me difficulty in feel for control.  Default is 80, I use 106 FOV and yes it does make a huge difference, especially when scanning for targets.

#3 - In graphic details settings, the environment map slider should be at "none" if you are searching for framerates.  Turning this on, only tells the "cube map" how often to update the reflection that is seen.  (learned that this week, thanks to HiTech post).

#4 - This is beta so you have every right to state your objections, but for the most part they are looking for bugs with the coad. 

#5 - Tell me when you will be able to log on beta, and I would like to be there to talk you through some framerate boosting settings (gpu settings included) and also have some fun lobbing explosives at one another  :neener: