Author Topic: Beta 12 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Beta 12 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« on: March 16, 2016, 02:39:00 PM »
New version up!

Please post issues and bugs with the Beta 12 release in this thread.  Thank you.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Beta 12 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 02:59:22 PM »
No problems installing patch.

WW1 arena needs reset again.

Offline KillerPops

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 06:06:38 PM »
Avira Antivirus report ahskvew.exe as containing the virus "HEUR/APC (cloud)"

Offline KillerPops

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 06:23:30 PM »
The bomb sight of the Ar234 is still intermittent. Sometimes the view is straight ahead, not down as it should be. Then suddenly it can be OK.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 06:35:39 PM »
Avira Antivirus report ahskvew.exe as containing the virus "HEUR/APC (cloud)"

That is a false positive.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 07:09:48 PM »
The bomb sight of the Ar234 is still intermittent. Sometimes the view is straight ahead, not down as it should be. Then suddenly it can be OK.

You're doing it wrong. When this happens you are still using the jettison tanks position, so switch to your bombs before calibrating.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline KillerPops

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 07:23:58 PM »
You're doing it wrong. When this happens you are still using the jettison tanks position, so switch to your bombs before calibrating.

What's the logic behind that? I have never heard of bomb sights being automatically adjusted by the jettison tanks??

There also appear to be a glitch in the temp gauges of some airplanes, the Boston and a few more. The gauge appears several  pixels too low.

Offline PoolFool

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 07:56:29 PM »
driving upside down

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 08:17:34 PM »
Waffle thanks, that was warp 12 work on the trees......
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 08:24:31 PM »
When I try to log in I get "Unable to open settings/login.cfg" but while this is still on the screen it looks like I am logged in giving me arena options. When I select an arena and it goes to download maps I get the popup "ahbeta.exe has stopped working".

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 09:10:40 PM »
When I try to log in I get "Unable to open settings/login.cfg" but while this is still on the screen it looks like I am logged in giving me arena options. When I select an arena and it goes to download maps I get the popup "ahbeta.exe has stopped working".

That would be to a read-only file

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 10:10:40 PM »
Not sure what happened but I deleted and downloaded again and now working great. Thanks.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 04:10:49 AM »
What's the logic behind that? I have never heard of bomb sights being automatically adjusted by the jettison tanks??

There also appear to be a glitch in the temp gauges of some airplanes, the Boston and a few more. The gauge appears several  pixels too low.

I can only guess, but Hitech tends to think things through completely before applying them to the game. So, I would say it is probably meant as a visual clue to anyone that attempts to calibrate without the bombs being selected. In other words, the switch must be in the proper orientation in order to function properly. Otherwise, you might think you are calibrated, but when you get to the target your bombs are not selected.

So, just do it right.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2016, 10:02:53 AM »
I still say the airplanes and the icons are too close to each other, It's hard to separate them until yo are really close.

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2016, 12:39:05 PM »
Well I haven't played beta very much I was waiting till it was a little closer.  Played around and i'm pretty impressed.  .  Just played for an hour you guys did a fantastic job so far.  The only "bug" and it might not be an issue is that when I do my look up view in the jug the sound is pretty choppy.  Also e6b wasn't showing weight or climb.  I was Pleased with the new effects and sounds.  You guys did some fine detail work and the more I play I'm sure the more fun i'll hae with it.