Author Topic: GMAN and Others Worryed about Tracers.  (Read 5840 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: GMAN and Others Worryed about Tracers.
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2016, 11:53:31 AM »
Personally I like the way post lighting makes certain color combinations look like real projected light on the gunsight reflector plate.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2016, 05:49:29 PM »
I was just thinking the same thing, like Crystal enhancements, 5.1, Dolby, and so on? Some of these guys may not even know they are using it.

I see that 5.1 is one of the selections under speaker layout in AH3. The implication is we shouldn't use it but why not? What is the correct speaker layout selection? I see the choices also include Windows speaker config., mono, stereo, Dolby, and 5.1 as well as a couple of others. Right now I have Windows speaker config selected. I want to be sure I have the optimal configuration for evaluating my upgrade to the SBz.  I'm assuming that if 5.1 is not optimal I need to have the speaker selection set at stereo in the creative software.

I was going to set the SBz to defaults but there appears to be no default button. So I have a few more questions.

SBX Pro Studio is enabled with surround, crystalizer, and bass checked. Should that be disabled?

Crystal voice is enabled with noise reduction and acoustic echo cancellation selected. Should that be disabled?

Scout mode is not enabled.

No encoder is selected for cinematic and I suspect that is correct given your statement about Dolby.

When you mentioned crystal enhancement I wasn't sure if you meant SBX crystalizer, crystal voice, or both.

Hope I'm not trying your patience too much but I don't want to post any more issues cussed by employing the wrong settings. (Not to mention that I want the best experience in the game.) I'm not sure what "forcing or applying sound processing means" since to my simple mind that is basically what any sound card does.

Thanks

Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2016, 05:53:52 PM »
I see that 5.1 is one of the selections under speaker layout in AH3. The implication is we shouldn't use it but why not? What is the correct speaker layout selection? I see the choices also include Windows speaker config., mono, stereo, Dolby, and 5.1 as well as a couple of others. Right now I have Windows speaker config selected. I want to be sure

Thanks

Never ever choose the 'Dolby" option or you will be instantly PNG'd !
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2016, 06:25:05 PM »

Never planned to. Just gave it as an example of a setting that it appears shouldn't be selected and wonder why it'd there. It's also in AH2. Should it not be selected there either?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2016, 06:29:48 PM »
I have tested SBX Pro Studio on my system with all options and found it to work well, but I generally use "Stereo (2.0/2.1)" in the speaker and headphone tab. SBX enhancements can create a confusing output, and by that I mean a front/back separation that doesn't quite sound right. Turn off Crystal Voice. Do not use Scout Mode. You are correct about the Encoder tab. Pretty much I think you guessed correctly.

Once the game is out of BETA then you can go back to playing with those other settings, but this will help to make sure that the card is not causing anomalies. This is just to stream line bug hunts.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2016, 06:30:04 PM »
PNG'd? What is that?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2016, 01:10:44 AM »
I have tested SBX Pro Studio on my system with all options and found it to work well, but I generally use "Stereo (2.0/2.1)" in the speaker and headphone tab. SBX enhancements can create a confusing output, and by that I mean a front/back separation that doesn't quite sound right. Turn off Crystal Voice. Do not use Scout Mode. You are correct about the Encoder tab. Pretty much I think you guessed correctly.

Once the game is out of BETA then you can go back to playing with those other settings, but this will help to make sure that the card is not causing anomalies. This is just to stream line bug hunts.

Does your advice to turn crystal voice off apply only to AH3? In AH3 I just tested the mic by tuning to myself. My voice transmission sounded great initially with SBX and Crystal voice on. But of, course, I don't know how it effected the game sounds.

Tonight I turned off SBX and crystal voice and logged in to AH 2. I tuned to myself to get the volume adjustment right. Didn't want to blow anyone's ear drums :) My voice was distorted and there was a horrible echo. After adjusting the volume I tuned to the squad channel and a squad mate confirmed that my voice was somewhat garbled and there was a significant echo. I then logged into AH3 with SBX and crystal voice turned off and, tuned to myself, noted the same echo and unclear transmission.

So I enabled both SBX and crystal voice and in AH2 the echo was gone  (Crystal voice has an echo reduction feature.) and the transmission was much clearer both to my squad mate and tuned to myself. Then back in AH3 with SBX and crystal voice on The echo was gone but my transmission did seem to break up a little. (Again tuned to myself.)

I did all this using both the SBz microphone and my old Labtech microphone and heard no significant difference other than my very first experience in AH3 yesterday. Then, with SBx and and crystal voice turned on my transmission using the SB mic sounded better than ever before . But that's not the case now. 

In the middle of all this back and forth I lost microphone function completely in windows and had to reinstall the drivers again. Don't know if that relates to any of this.

Should I be ignoring the quality of voice transmissions in AH3 for now?  So far this discussion has been about vehicle and plane sounds so I realize I am digressing a little.

I don't recall if any bugs have been reported for voice transmissions.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2016, 02:02:12 AM »
That advice is just for BETA testing. You can test it any way you want even now, but for the beta reports. . .

Okay, so you're having mic issues. We should probably take that to the hardware forum. I would start a thread there, indicate how your mic is wired to the card, speakers, and let's go from there.

And yes I told you wrong. You need the noise reduction and echo cancelation on. When I checked mine I wasn't thinking that I had changed to my Yamaha mixer for mic input.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 02:06:40 AM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2016, 09:14:52 AM »
Agreed. Wrong forum. Ran into the mic problem and got completely off track. I'll take it to my sound card upgrade thread.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2016, 09:58:28 AM »
PNG'd? What is that?
Specifying you as a Persona Non Grata instead of a Copper Member you now are. I.e. strongly advising you not to participate.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2016, 12:21:21 PM »
  :rofl
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2016, 01:20:05 PM »
Dolby is my friend :)
Wag more, bark less.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2016, 03:35:57 PM »
Dolby is his own worst enemy :)
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2016, 07:08:39 AM »
If you are applying or forcing any type of sound processing, by the audio card, then you have successfully tainted the results you will get and made it nearly impossible for anyone to isolate any kind of issue.

The same goes for video.  Using anything other than the default installation options of the video card will taint the results.

You want to do all that after the game goes live, then knock yourselves out, but for the purposes of BETA, please leave everything in the computer at its defaults.
I didn't understand this till now.

Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org