Author Topic: AH3 Vs AH2  (Read 10898 times)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
Re: AH3 Vs AH2
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2016, 05:13:24 PM »
 :x
Well, Traveler, you posted your thoughts, which are complaints that AH3 is being tested and that it's drawing people away from what YOU want them to do. They are misguided, at least. AH3 is coming, soon, and AH2 will go away, gladly. Accept the facts or move on. Those are your options, as your complaints will go unheeded by HTC, since they are counter-productive to the progress of the game.
^^^         ^^^ ^^^  ^^^^
or how you can let 1 guy chase you off a map  :bhead                                   :joystick:
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2016, 07:17:40 PM »
I guess the special event was going to happen either way, ah2 or ah3.

Do you guys not see the only remaining problem here is the large maps?

E
Duh!

Unless the plan is AH3 gains 300 new players during US Primetime.. you better bail these junk maps.  How hard is it to pull them rotation and add them again when it makes more sense.
Yet they remain in rotation.

You are chasing away the current playerbase.

I see yucca in tanks now... that says enough.

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2016, 07:29:29 PM »
I believe there was a "vote" on whether large maps should be pulled not long ago.
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2016, 07:40:21 PM »
the irony is that traveler doesnt understand that only 12 people went to the beta arena. while about 150 were in the MA.  I had a lot of fun that day.  not sure why traveler wasnt able to have fun.  sounds like a personal problem to me.

semp

That night, Knights had 46 of that 150, of which 7 were tower bound that's leaves 39 on a large map with CM stealing away a percentage of that.  While HTC can't help the numbers, they can control the maps.  If as you say only 12 people went into beta, what is the quality of any testing performed in beta?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2016, 07:59:46 PM »
I believe there was a "vote" on whether large maps should be pulled not long ago.

The majority of the furballing community has either left, or rarely played, now and during when that vote took place.

The majority of the participants in that vote were the very small remaining population of what used to be great.  Many of which probably registered their vote from a camped spawn or field gun.

I doubt that pole was up more than a week.

Similar to the reminder that the free beta is going on now.

Guess if you dont catch them in a weeks time.. just throw in the towel, eh?

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2016, 09:18:33 PM »

Do you guys not see the only remaining problem here is the large maps?

E
Duh!

So when are you going to design a new small map and submit it to HTC?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2016, 09:49:36 PM »
That night, Knights had 46 of that 150, of which 7 were tower bound that's leaves 39 on a large map with CM stealing away a percentage of that.  While HTC can't help the numbers, they can control the maps.  If as you say only 12 people went into beta, what is the quality of any testing performed in beta?

so the knights had 1/3 of all the players.  i was there, there was a lot of furballs at this or that base.  if you didnt have fun that night you got nobody but yourself to blame.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2016, 09:54:24 PM »
so the knights had 1/3 of all the players.  i was there, there was a lot of furballs at this or that base.  if you didnt have fun that night you got nobody but yourself to blame.

semp

I didn't say I didn't have fun, what I said was " I didn't think it was a good idea for the CM to be drawing players away from AH2 when we were faced with very low numbers on a large map.  That is all I said.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2016, 10:07:23 PM »
I didn't say I didn't have fun, what I said was " I didn't think it was a good idea for the CM to be drawing players away from AH2 when we were faced with very low numbers on a large map.  That is all I said.

you made it sound like you werent having fun.  I'll quote your original message in case you forgot.

Saturday night during prime time,  I joined up with my squad only to discover that the LWA was far from it's normal numbers for prime time on a Saturday night.  During the evening I noticed text messages from CM's running an event in AH3 drawing even more people away from AH2.  That left the subscriber base still in AH2 at a lose for numbers.   At one point less than 150 players and of course on a large map.  My squad logged early that night.  I got e-mails from more squad members that they will not be flying any more, our squad numbers have declined from a high of 20 to a new low of 3.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2016, 10:48:20 PM »

True.  And there's a certain logic to that.  But it probably doesn't account for people like me (...well...sort of like me, didn't mean to offend anyone...) who really don't enjoy the MA as much as a smaller-numbers arena.  My guess is that we're the ones most likely to be siphoned off to test Beta, or fly in AvA or DA.  It's nice to have those choices.

- oldman

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2016, 03:26:50 AM »
So when are you going to design a new small map and submit it to HTC?

We have several.

I pay to play the game.  While i enjoy the work other players have put in,  you will never see that from me.

I actually really enjoy a few of the large maps...  again when there is a minimum of 500 during US prime.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2016, 05:08:16 AM »
It's on the beta forum :old:

There is only going to be one map in AIII because you all moan about maps :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2016, 07:01:01 AM »
It's on the beta forum :old:

There is only going to be one map in AIII because you all moan about maps :old:

We need bigger mapz!  :old:  :joystick:
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2016, 07:48:12 AM »
Yes :old:

And more complaints about hoeing 262s in the Beta in a Yak9T
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2016, 09:03:02 AM »
you made it sound like you werent having fun.  I'll quote your original message in case you forgot.
semp
Yes, please do, please show me in my original quote where I said I was not having fun.

Saturday night during prime time,  I joined up with my squad only to discover that the LWA was far from it's normal numbers for prime time on a Saturday night.  During the evening I noticed text messages from CM's running an event in AH3 drawing even more people away from AH2.  That left the subscriber base still in AH2 at a lose for numbers.   At one point less than 150 players and of course on a large map.  My squad logged early that night.  I got e-mails from more squad members that they will not be flying any more, our squad numbers have declined from a high of 20 to a new low of 3.

Please stop reading into what I said your own likes, dislikes or wants or wishes.  Read what was actual written.  I have never said anything about “fun”.  Please guncrasher, please show me the quote.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes