Author Topic: the lengths some people go...  (Read 17222 times)

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Re: the lengths some people go...
« Reply #165 on: May 27, 2016, 03:59:47 PM »
Perfect attitude! The hell with everyone else! Your opinion, and semp's, are the only correct way to go about this game right?

I think you're reading too much into what I wrote. My opinion is that I don't have the right to demand anything from any other players, and they have no right to demand anything from me. Do you feel you have the right to demand something from other players?

I fly with friends, and I will dive in the "save" them if they want me too even tho I know neither one of us will make it out. If I were to have your attitude or play like you my guess is Id be pushed out of my squad for being a "dock".

That's fun! You've made a gentlemen's agreement with your squad members to help each outer out. You've done so voluntarily. No one can force you to join their squad and play the game their way. If you find you don't enjoy it you can leave the squad and no one has the right or power to stop you. Se how this works?

I fight friends, If I had that attitude my guess is Id be in the same boat as some players like oh I don't know, a certain spit8 flyer, of that guy who seems to always park his/her jeep in the oddest places.

I have no idea what you're on about.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 04:14:02 PM by GScholz »
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #166 on: May 27, 2016, 04:57:30 PM »
fugitive I'm not responsible for you not enjoying the game.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #167 on: May 27, 2016, 05:34:51 PM »
I like to fly challenging planes in the MA, where it's obviously not fair.

Any person with a sense of logic would tell you that late war planes have the ultimate advantage. It's the perfect example of evolution and survival of the fittest. Year by year faster planes were being produced. Better guns and ammo were being manufactured. The late war planes by far have the greatest advantages.

Hi tech does an incredible job of modeling planes such that they perform in adoption to what they were actually capable of in WW2.

Of course you can run away with your 1944 against a 1942 plane

Every plane has a strength and a weakness. 1942 planes have different strenghts and weaknesses comparatively than to 1944 planes which are better on all levels.

It's great because when you fight in scenarios, you can really feel what it's like to fight against planes that are matched up for the year they were in the war. You really have some great fights.

This game pisses me the F off a lot. I will admit, and I'm sure a lot of people have seen me pissed off.  But it's pretty close to the real concept and it's dog eat dog. There is no fairness. You have to really understand the planes, awareness, and ACM to be good at it. Thats why I love playing this game. That's why most people don't have the patients to stick around long enough to be good at it or have fun. You have to really want to learn how to be good at the game or you will die, a lot. I got my bellybutton beat for 6 months when I started this game. Then got my bellybutton beat for another year and learned so much about the game in the MA after H2H. I joined a squad and learned how to Bomb, capture bases, dive bomb, shoot rockets. I wanted to be one of the best in fighters and I practiced a a lot in the DA. I have learned so much about how to be successful in almost every fighter and it's always a new challenge.

I've played this game for over 10 years and the MA is what it is. It's a death pool that's not fair. I think it's perfect but it does take a lot of skill to be successful, much more in mid/early war planes. It brings so much more of a challenge and that's why I continue to play the game.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 06:26:26 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #168 on: May 27, 2016, 07:10:04 PM »
  Oddly... some folks who tend to whine about other people running, always seem to show up to their so called fight with distinct advantages in aircraft, altitude, firepower or numbers.

Just saying.   

Come on man...don't be a girl about and throw some names out there.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #169 on: May 27, 2016, 08:35:46 PM »
2. Tumor what is your ingame handle?

....really?...
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #170 on: May 27, 2016, 08:37:43 PM »
I'll fight you when I feel like it or kill you when I feel like it.  I'll run when I feel like it.  say what you want about me.  I dont really care.  I play this game the way I think it's fun for me.

Wise semp, Good semp, Awesome SEMP! :airplane:

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2016, 08:39:01 PM »
Perfect attitude! The hell with everyone else! Your opinion, and semp's, are the only correct way to go about this game right?

It's not just "their" opinion... but FWIW, yes. :old:

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #172 on: May 27, 2016, 08:44:16 PM »
fugitive I'm not responsible for you not enjoying the game.

semp

I never said I wasn't enjoying the game. I've been sending my $15 a month to HTC for 12 years.

But I get what your saying. you don't think you should be responsible to help others enjoy the game. We know, it's all about you. As long as your having fun screw the rest of the world.

The point of the game is to fight/interact with the other paying customers in the big old sand box HTC has provided. By running and hiding some players are just getting the point of the game. If you don't ant to fight/interact with others why not save yourself the $15 a month and fly the off line missions.

It's not just "their" opinion... but FWIW, yes. :old:

....ahhh I get it, no one else has a valid opinion.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #173 on: May 27, 2016, 08:50:19 PM »
Come on man...don't be a girl about and throw some names out there.

Naming names is mean.  But I know at least one specific pile-it who likes to wait outside icon range, then come charging into the fight after the opposition has become pre-occupied with other things... who's in this here thread, yep yep. :) :banana: : :x
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 08:53:01 PM by Tumor »

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2016, 08:52:35 PM »

How someone chooses to engage in Aces High "game play", is not exactly an opinion, it's a choice.  So, your question would appear an attempt to further a non-existent argument, for the sake of argument.  I think there's a name for that?  However, ultimately... you're pretty much on target, given the context of the thread. :headscratch:

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2016, 09:00:54 PM »
How someone chooses to engage in Aces High "game play", is not exactly an opinion, it's a choice.  So, your question would appear an attempt to further a non-existent argument, for the sake of argument.  I think there's a name for that?  However, ultimately... you're pretty much on target, given the context of the thread. :headscratch:

OK, maybe I miss understood, explain what you meant with this statement.... "It's not just "their" opinion... but FWIW, yes. "

I thought it meant that not only their opinions, but some others as well. Which leaves the door open for a bunch of other peoples opinions not being valid, which is what I said.

Just because a persons opinion doesn't match yours doesn't make it any less valid. That is what the OP and a many other are doing, voicing opposing opinions. Some people call this a discussion. People like semp call it complaining.  :devil                                                                                                   

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #176 on: May 27, 2016, 09:11:34 PM »
The point of the game is to fight/interact with the other paying customers in the big old sand box HTC has provided. By running and hiding some players are just getting the point of the game.

A sandbox-game has no "point"... That's what makes it a sandbox-game. You make your own rules and your own goals.

I thought it meant that not only their opinions, but some others as well. Which leaves the door open for a bunch of other peoples opinions not being valid, which is what I said.

Just because a persons opinion doesn't match yours doesn't make it any less valid.

Who's the arbiter of what opinions are "valid"? The obvious answer is: No one. An opinion cannot be valid or invalid... It's just an opinion.

It all boils down to whether or not you feel you have the right, that you're entitled to demand something from other players. Well... If you do then you're wrong. And that is your problem.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 09:13:44 PM by GScholz »
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #177 on: May 27, 2016, 09:17:04 PM »
I never said I wasn't enjoying the game. I've been sending my $15 a month to HTC for 12 years.

But I get what your saying. you don't think you should be responsible to help others enjoy the game. We know, it's all about you. As long as your having fun screw the rest of the world.

The point of the game is to fight/interact with the other paying customers in the big old sand box HTC has provided. By running and hiding some players are just getting the point of the game. If you don't ant to fight/interact with others why not save yourself the $15 a month and fly the off line missions.

I pay 15 bucks because it's all about me.  I dont pay 15 because it's about you.  if it was about you, I can easily afford your 15 bucks.  but I dont screw the rest of the world by far.  actually I dont screw anybody in this game.  well I did date this girl that played for like 2 weeks, but that's another story.

the problem you have fugitive is that if it's always your way or everybody else is doing it wrong.  but if you are ever interested why not show up with us pigs and see how I play.  perhaps you may see me dive into a red of cons to help a pig.  of course if I feel like it.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #178 on: May 27, 2016, 11:38:18 PM »
....really?...
Yes really, because I don't believe I have ever noticed the name Tumor flying around.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #179 on: May 28, 2016, 12:06:21 AM »
You know, for the folks saying how hard it is to find good fights, fly in the scenario and I GUARANTEE you will find good fights. White knuckle fights like you've never seen if you haven't flown scenarios. Practice frame is tomorrow 3 PM Eastern US time, SEA 2, the rest of the frames are same bat time, same bat arena every Saturday in June. Registration is still open and walk-ons are always welcome.