Author Topic: youre playing a fighting game, stop hiding  (Read 7590 times)

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
Re: youre playing a fighting game, stop hiding
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2016, 01:56:07 PM »
Frankly that is a comment that is just wrong.
Same thing happens early morning Eastern time by a few Rook squadrons they gang Bish & no one else. Now the another known Bish hating squad is on the nits for the summer it will happen from that side as well.

Different times of day has different styles of game play. Bish rule the days Rooks rule the nights. The Knights rule Sunday nights only.

youre wrong lyric. bish have the morning numbers every morning. it usually evens up right before prime time. but lately it hasnt from what i can see. considering i can up a 262 for 92 points at 6pm central.

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2016, 02:20:05 PM »
no team plays as dirty as the bish. they have whole squads who bomb and bail. even vs a team with half the numbers they noe then bomb and bail.  its not a HiTech problem, its a player mindset problem.

I would disagree with that statement, never seen whole squads bail and I play defense 90% of the time for knights.

Bish are just more mission based team play and work well together.

Rooks are more of alt advantage BNZ players, that if you come in co alt they make a pass and dive for ack.

Knights just dont give a rats arse about the war, more lone wolf fighters that the other two country's combined.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2016, 02:20:10 PM »
That would be abused extensively

There must be a way to discourage Bomb-n-Bail.   Though, after my first go I'm stuck - in reality these are just suicide missions, so the stipulation of bailing from undamaged bombers may not have the intended effect anyway.  The suiciders would be as happy going in at low level and taking so much damage the bombers are destroyed, as long as they get the bombs on target beforehand.

Remember when (maybe its still this way?) you dropped a torp at a ship, if your plane was shot down before the torp struck, the torpedo was eliminated along with your destroyed aircraft? 

Maybe the target damage could be put on a timer - and if your aircraft is destroyed (or you bail) before the timer ends, the damage done by the bombs is all cancelled?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2016, 02:29:10 PM »
Remember when (maybe its still this way?) you dropped a torp at a ship, if your plane was shot down before the torp struck, the torpedo was eliminated along with your destroyed aircraft?

It never was that way.
Originally it had been that if you were killed, your ords (torps, bombs, troops, rockets) were still in game no matter what. This was abused in several ways (lvts dry spawning releasing a hundred troops, a single guy putting dozends of torps in the water, gaming the score card by dropping a 4k bomb from a stuka then sitching to a vehicle before the bomb hits) that it was changed to the current model: Your ords stay in game as long as you do not reup after your death.

About 10 years ago HT himself was looking for ways to discourage bomb and bail, he even started a forum thread about it. Nothing came out of it, because all the proposals could either been worked around easily or were ineffective to begin with.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2016, 03:25:53 PM »
Bomb and bail is mainly used to deny giving kills to the pursuing enemy, increasing the range of proxy from 3k to icon range would be a step in the right direction.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2016, 03:35:55 PM »
Bomb and bail is mainly used to deny giving kills to the pursuing enemy, increasing the range of proxy from 3k to icon range would be a step in the right direction.

I have definitely seen that, but isn't it also done because the flight back may be long and the player may need to get back to the base immediately to re-up for a second attack, or maybe to bring troops for a capture?

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2016, 03:55:57 PM »
Yes, that would make sense. But I was thinking of rewarding the effort and time the pursuer has given in chasing the bomb and bailer. The tactical advantage of bombing and bailing for a new mission is gamey, but it isn't so bad as long as the time "wasted" is in some way compensated for the Fighter. If nothing can be done to prevent the freedom of choice to bail, then adequate compensation should be to give up the lives to the nearest enemy in pursuit.
JG5 "Eismeer"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2016, 04:36:37 PM »
Dolby then it's only fair to compensate the bombers when fighter make v several attemps then dives at first sign of damage to his own plane.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2016, 04:45:22 PM »
Sometimes semp I wonder if there should be a filter between your brain and typing fingers.
JG5 "Eismeer"

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2016, 04:52:38 PM »
youre wrong lyric. bish have the morning numbers every morning. it usually evens up right before prime time. but lately it hasnt from what i can see. considering i can up a 262 for 92 points at 6pm central.

From about 5.00am Eastern yes that is correct. From 1.00am until then though Rooks rule late war. Again just depends when your on & you get to see the other times of day & what others are doing.

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2016, 04:57:18 PM »
if you a player can game the game, its the game not the player.
fix the MA game mode.

Basketball just got rid of the "hack-a-shack" foul the bad freethrow shooter "meta" that was in basketball. games should evolve to the ways players play.

what ever happened to Tour of Duty?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2016, 06:28:45 PM »

THIS!!!  Me likey long time!!!
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2016, 07:57:39 PM »
Heres my concern, the alpha/beta has been out what? A year now? And other than vague descriptions about destructible bridges and such, all we have to go from is better graphics which if  the numbers in the beta and reading the boards is any indicator - not many seem to be able to run, or at least run it with it looking any different from what it currently does. I don't know how many are still here that remember the whole combat tour thing, but that's my biggest concern is getting Deja-Vu over again.
[

Most people are waiting for the finished version to come out to see if it's playable for them.
then decide what to do
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2016, 08:33:46 PM »
<snip>Most people are waiting for the finished version to come out to see if it's playable for them.
then decide what to do

Not exactly what I was getting at. It will be a moot point if it ends up getting scrapped liked tour of duty or whatever it was called did, that was what I meant.