Author Topic: M3 Resupply is OP  (Read 3939 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
M3 Resupply is OP
« on: July 20, 2016, 03:51:09 PM »
It's ruining fights in the MA as I type this. When resupply is the go to defense over upping a plane/tank.....isn't OP the only answer??? This isn't even a numbers thing....because it doesn't matter the numbers when you can resupp a base's troops then resupp another base's town in 10 minutes.....I cant fly fast enough to kill the troops or all the M3s....A+B=OP????

What's more important to the game, the war for overall bases or the fight for a single base??? Because right now the one is killing the other because of this feature.

:salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: M3 Resupply is OP
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 04:54:41 PM »
The solution is simple, destroy the barracks at the base the M3s are spawning from.  No more supplies to town.  Very simple solution to what is really not a problem.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 05:35:09 PM »
Maybe three years ago there were people interested in killing the hangers where the M3 spawns from to protect the base take or act as a pre-strike prophylactic. Numbers in the arena were a tad bit higher. Today most people are interested in doing only the small part of the active fight they are in, during the fleeting time the fight has participants.

There are a few resource porkers who enjoy hitting a field with a Dora trying to take out as many resources as possible before their demise. In some cases they repeat the effort 1-2 more times. As for anyone to rely on so you can stay in the middle of your fun? Only if your squad has decided to take a field and they know to stop the M3's before they can get started. This is a smaller percentage of the time now days.

If you give up your window of opportunity to fight other fighters over a contested base, often that is it for your evening while all you did was get killed attacking an object alone and unappreciated. More players are willing to drive an M3 today to stick it in your eye, than fight for their base since it's safer and has a broader and more lasting effect than a single fighter has.

Another answer to this that Hitech has immediate control over, lower the percentage of the town needed down before getting a white flag. He already changed the parameters for the HQ in response to a shift in game play due to lower numbers in the MA. AH3 is around the corner and this at the worst, near the end of AH2, would promote small groups spreading out and attacking airfields. Like AH1 and AH2 before the town was changed. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 06:36:50 PM »
The solution is simple, destroy the barracks at the base the M3s are spawning from.  No more supplies to town.  Very simple solution to what is really not a problem.
Knew you'd say that...I killed those barracks twice, they were resupping faster then I could keep them down...how am I suppose to fly to a base faster???

The argument you keep using over and over is just wrong, too many times I've killed those barracks and they just keep resupping(them then the town). Next you'll say kill the M3s...yea they have infinite lives I only have a certain amount of bullets. It's flat out OP when an M3 is upped prior to a fighter when there are FIGHTERS hitting a field.....tell me how many times was an M3 called up to intercept incoming fighters??? The solution is turning down the supplys...cut the time it takes off in half. As of now some sides can't even force a fight because they will just resupply...happens all the time.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 07:35:27 PM »
This is a game.  Play it.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 07:44:03 PM »
Yep, Strat runs, resupping etc is a part of the game. This isnt War Thunder. This game has a significant portion of strategy in it. Like it or not. I also like fuballs but the point of the game is that you need more than just fighter skills to win. The guys doing the strat runs and resupping is just as important to the game as the furballers. I'm in this game because of the multi dimensional gameplay. it makes the game funnier but I have to accept that it not always works in my favour, sometimes a base take is ruined by an M3 driver resupping the town..
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 08:13:13 PM »
We fall back on make the run, intercept the thing, expend the counter effort.

Very few do even amongst our audience who will be found glued to the battle at hand for their small window of fun on any given evening. The M3 has turned into the no brainer simplest action equivalent to a single finger salute granting it an out of balanced veto to the efforts of a large group of players. Similar to the recent HQ problem with a single player's single finger salute veto to a whole country's fun up to the whole night and into the next day. And all the arguments by the forum audiences were the same as these arguments, just 30,000 feet higher.

The resupply function by the M3 is a legacy to tempering the effects on game play by super majorities of players not willing to face other super majorities. As is the 20% town down requirement forced the super majority to expose themselves in one spot longer. There was not always any easy way for minority's of players to equally defend against the super majority steam rollers while waiting for interest in the dire situation by countrymen. Both functions combined started stalling the steam roller exposing more of it's members to becoming scalps for late coming defenders and cooling the willingness of the super majority to stay committed.

Now that mechanism is too efficient with our smaller numbers. The simplest thing would be to reduce the percentage of buildings down for a white flag which would make the M3 less effective all the time.

All of our game play mechanisms related to base capture are evolved from an earlier era to slow down super majorities who were avoiding fighting. We no longer have the numbers.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 08:15:10 PM by bustr »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline BLBird

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 10:10:17 PM »
What does "OP" mean in this context?

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 10:31:16 PM »
over powered

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2016, 11:16:05 PM »
This is a game.  Play it.
I don't like killing barracks and M3s all day...which is what I did for most of the day as a rook.

Yep, Strat runs, resupping etc is a part of the game. This isnt War Thunder. This game has a significant portion of strategy in it. Like it or not. I also like fuballs but the point of the game is that you need more than just fighter skills to win. The guys doing the strat runs and resupping is just as important to the game as the furballers. I'm in this game because of the multi dimensional gameplay. it makes the game funnier but I have to accept that it not always works in my favour, sometimes a base take is ruined by an M3 driver resupping the town..
So I should kill troops at 4 other airfields then take town down at the field I want to take....sorry that's not strategically impossible because again...M3s can resupply faster then I can get there in a jabbo....that's a fact.

I really don't understand why people think it is ok that m3 resupply is the answer for base defense currently in AH2...blows my mind...

By the way Zimme, I play all aspects of the game...yes most of the time in a fighter but I do understand that the war pushes combat....unfortunately it is in my experience that this game feature (m3 resupply of towns ) actually kills combat.....today was a prime example and it sucked because if we would have taken that field we would have had some great fights over the next few fields...but what happened was it stale and everyone went back to sitting in the tower...literally like 7 people flying of the 30 that were on rooks.

I'd just like to see the time it cuts off dropped by half, right now it's just too quick.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2016, 11:42:18 PM »
Only real problem I see... keeping in mind our current numbers, is the daily milk-running that's going on when there's 7 people around to defend the China mainland sized Suck map of all time.  These valiant prize fighters bravely fight ack guns and buildings day after day after day.  :salute   
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2016, 05:30:10 AM »
Yep, Strat runs, resupping etc is a part of the game. This isnt War Thunder. This game has a significant portion of strategy in it. Like it or not.
When a country can up their entire inventory from a single base there is no strategy to it. Remember when the Air Force upped their entire inventory from a small airstrip at the front lines in France? How about when the Navy upped their entire supply of planes from a small island off Okinawa?
Historical accuracy is what this game is all about.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2016, 08:00:47 AM »
When a country can up their entire inventory from a single base there is no strategy to it. Remember when the Air Force upped their entire inventory from a small airstrip at the front lines in France? How about when the Navy upped their entire supply of planes from a small island off Okinawa?
Well then resupply would be weeks of M3s and trucks driving to a field after it was attacked to get it back up. :aok
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2016, 08:22:46 AM »
i dont mind m3 resupplies that much. but it does seem like thats all that some folks do. with the numbers rooks have had lately its not hard for the bish to horde resup all those bases they snagged when no one was on in the mornings like they do. its generally the same hiders too. they'll suicide (game the game) until you run out of ammo. these same players are the suiciders who up and try to ram you or ho shoot you.  the suicider can be back up and ready to do it again in 10 seconds while you have to fly another 10 mins. and he'll say , its a game, play it.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2016, 09:00:54 AM »
I disagree with this.  It is it's roots, but many, many concessions have been made for play-ability. Multiple lives, planes that never break, no need to worry about mixture, auto retracting flaps, unlimited bombs when ords are up, I could go on all day.

To the OP, this sounds like a wishlist item. 

Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org