Author Topic: M3 Resupply is OP  (Read 3823 times)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: M3 Resupply is OP
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2016, 09:59:13 AM »
Lol the responses in these threads make me laugh every time.

Same people that know it all, but cant see the big picture.

Offline 68EZPkns

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2016, 11:37:14 AM »
Seem like the training strat is the last one anyone wants to hit, I think after ammo its the MOST important one to hit. When the rebuild time for barracks is 30 min, well 3 M3s and they are back up. But seems no one wnts to invest the time to do that. For the record I cant believe we have this map but got rid of trinity.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 11:57:40 AM by 68EZPkns »

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2016, 12:58:27 PM »
Seem like the training strat is the last one anyone wants to hit, I think after ammo its the MOST important one to hit. When the rebuild time for barracks is 30 min, well 3 M3s and they are back up. But seems no one wnts to invest the time to do that. For the record I cant believe we have this map but got rid of trinity.
I went strat raiding this morning...it was back up to 100% from 30% an hour later....think some focus to much on resupply then engaging in combat.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2016, 01:39:41 PM »
make field supplies a zero sum mechanic (the benefit of taking supplies to another field, is balanced by the cost of taking another fields supplies).

so if the lead field is down, you take some from a field next to it, and if that field is down you have to trickle the supplies forward (or fly them up). I actually really like that idea, you could mass resupply at the cost of making adjacent fields vulnerable.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 02:05:31 PM by Randall172 »

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2016, 02:16:07 PM »
make field supplies a zero sum mechanic (the benefit of taking supplies to another field, is balanced by the cost of taking another fields supplies).

so if the lead field is down, you take some from a field next to it, and if that field is down you have to trickle the supplies forward (or fly them up). I actually really like that idea, you could mass resupply at the cost of making adjacent fields vulnerable.

I do not hate this idea.  Only problem I see with it is, do you really want to allow other players to affect something that is now a limited supply?  Either through ill intent or through incompetence they would be able to take useful supplies for something other than where it makes the most sense to put it.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2016, 02:21:30 PM »
Once again, a thread that is basically, I want to(fill in space) so (fill in second space) should be stopped because it prevents me from making them do what I want them to....guess what? It's gonna happen in AH3, too. We will resup bases, and man guns and tank and do all kinds of things beside fight you. Tough
(fill in blank) said the kitty......
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2016, 03:17:27 PM »
Once again, a thread that is basically, I want to(fill in space) so (fill in second space) should be stopped because it prevents me from making them do what I want them to....guess what? It's gonna happen in AH3, too. We will resup bases, and man guns and tank and do all kinds of things beside fight you. Tough
Once again you make me look even more right because of the bolded portion of your post....the exact reason why M3 needs to be nerfed...because people like you use it to avoid combat but keep bases.

Look this guy literally avoids combat in a COMBAT SIMULATOR.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2016, 03:26:20 PM »
Bringing town sups in while being hunted from the air and ground doesn't sound like combat avoidance.  Maybe you're fixated on the air-to-air combat.  Which, if so, I'd remind you that HTC's home page says you can engage in land, sea, or air combat.  Just let people play the game in the ride they want, Junky.  It's their nickel.  Getting mad that someone is in an M-3 and not in the air seems pretty ridiculous. 

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2016, 03:31:44 PM »

Well, it seems HTC is going to have to decide if they are providing a land capture game, or a combat game.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2016, 03:35:27 PM »
I like to GV and never miss a good gv battle,  but if someone puts out a call on country channel that a base needs supps I do my duty and lend a hand running M-3's. We all do. That is how you play AH.
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Paladin3

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2016, 03:36:15 PM »
I gotta say, I get Junky's headache here. I was involved in the fight for awhile. We would go over, hit the field, he would hit troops and at least once before he even was all the way out of the dar ring the troops were back up, and M3s were running to resupply the base. There were very few instances of uppers to fight in the air. Thus, no real fighting. It was surreal and just boring honestly. I logged because of it if I remember right.

I don't know how to fix it, but with the community (I think buster mentioned this) as small as it is some things are very far out of whack and it is making the game frustrating for myself. Others speak of it, but they should come and comment themselves.

I get it is a tactic, I am not so much frustrated with the players as I am with the setup we have now. We used to have 1000 people on TT (that's Titanic Tuesday for any new folks) and have wild map-wide fights. That is a thing of the past. I do not remember the last time I logged in and there was 200 people on honestly.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2016, 03:43:58 PM »
Bringing town sups in while being hunted from the air and ground doesn't sound like combat avoidance.  Maybe you're fixated on the air-to-air combat.  Which, if so, I'd remind you that HTC's home page says you can engage in land, sea, or air combat.  Just let people play the game in the ride they want, Junky.  It's their nickel.  Getting mad that someone is in an M-3 and not in the air seems pretty ridiculous.
Again another person not reading at all bringing up the same arguments

I give 2 cents what they engage in combat in(GV, Buff, Fighter)....as long as they engage in combat. M3 resupply avoids combat but still holds a field....which kills the fights in the MA because fights are spawned from base capture attempts. This is a fact in the MA during the day...copprhed's comment is enough proof I need of that.

I like to GV and never miss a good gv battle,  but if someone puts out a call on country channel that a base needs supps I do my duty and lend a hand running M-3's. We all do. That is how you play AH.
It's not a matter of GV vs Airplanes....its whether the War win is more important then the combat for the war win.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline 68EZPkns

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2016, 03:46:44 PM »
No one see my post? Take your happy butts to their training strat and nerf it.Then they have to run 15 M3's instead of just a couple.That will slow them down. You can also go kill 2 bases up the chain instead of just the base they are resuppin from. There is a answer to all this just requires someone go do it. And if this was just a combat game then you wouldnt need a MA just a DA. I like the strategic element to the game , if you just wanting to have 1 on 1 fighter combat then go get some like minded players and go to the DA.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 03:52:53 PM by 68EZPkns »

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2016, 03:53:08 PM »
Oh you guys. Sirry M3.

K3k3k3k3.

*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2016, 04:08:56 PM »
No one see my post? Take your happy butts to their training strat and nerf it.Then they have to run 15 M3's instead of just a couple.That will slow them down. You can also go kill 2 bases up the chain instead of just the base they are resuppin from. There is a answer to all this just requires someone go do it. And if this was just a combat game then you wouldnt need a MA just a DA. I like the strategic element to the game , if you just wanting to have 1 on 1 fighter combat then go get some like minded players and go to the DA.

If this becomes a bombing strat game before a combat simulator,  you will find youself here with a handful of people alone.

I dont have the desire to fly bombers to your factory..  neither did the other 500 active players that are no longer..... active.