Author Topic: M3 Resupply is OP  (Read 3941 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: M3 Resupply is OP
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2016, 03:56:39 PM »
He and Lazer play in off peak hours. Unless they can clone themselves and afford 20-30 additional accounts to bring their own hoards, there is not enough of the two of them to go around. During off peak many players are not interested in feeding themselves to them. Only the bish these days seem to get a regular hoard of some kind going anymore. And they usually start showing up around 8pm pacific time.

1. - Low player numbers in general.
2. - Small hoards that are still as picky about their gang bangs as the mega hoards of old.
3. - Not enough defenders to inspire the average ACM player to take a smack down to make Junky and Lazer happy.

I really think we have to let AH3 go live and the first blush of newness to ease. Then give Hitech constructive suggestions about the state of things. Low player numbers very well may need smaller maps until subscriptions pick up. Without destabilizing the game, if this is really about base capturing versus the power of the M3, and not a cover to being angry those players are in M3 and not fighters. Until player numbers pick up, reduce the town down percentage for a white flag to 10%. It will generate more activity by small numbers.

I'd hate to take Hitech, or anyone at HTC away from what they are doing right now. AH3 is needed as soon as possible. After coading for 10-15 hours I would bet the last thing any of them want to do is log on and play the game they are creating right now.

I do wish however that they would would have someone they trust to check out what is going on in the game to report back to them the "State of the nation" to coin a some what relevant phrase. To HTC we here, Im sure spark some interest in our opinions. Some are more along the lines of "what has this idiot got to say to day?" which Im sure makes it hard to get a true picture of whats going on.

Maybe, an impartial "judge" appointed by HTC to check on the state of the game as it is may give them some thoughts on things they may want to change for AH3.

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2016, 04:03:42 PM »
I thought they had a social media supa star? Is that not that case anymore?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2016, 04:05:59 PM »
I thought they had a social media supa star? Is that not that case anymore?

They had hired someone at one point, but we haven't seen hide nor hair from her in a long time.

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2016, 05:04:49 PM »
the M3 is indeed OP, perfect tool to kill any air combat going on.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2016, 05:06:08 PM »

The fact you for the most part only play during PST prime time is one reason you probably don't see it like Lazer and myself see it.....but I will get hard numbers and film today in a custom arena.

You're wrong about the times I play just as you are wrong about claiming M3s resupplying town has a negative impact on game play.  Again, show the data that it has a negative impact.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2016, 05:14:44 PM »
Fugi,

Hitech and skuzzy read all of these posts I'm pretty certain. And as a capitalist business owner, it's obvious he makes his own decisions rather than kill his company by a state of the nation from unnamed individuals or impartial judges who don't have pay his light bill.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2016, 05:26:24 PM »
Junky, before I devoted myself entirely to the Beta, I regularly played in the Ma, and it was common practice to take out vh's at surrounding bases to stop resupply. It was also common practice to kill the m3s that were resupping. What on God's earth is stopping you from doing that, other than just plain refusing to do so? I mean come on! This is a pointless thread about an issue that just does NOT exist, except in your head.
Coppehed...I have said like 3 times in this thread that I have repeatedly killed troops, m3s, ect ect ect....the fact is it takes longer to fly to a field to pork and RTB then it does to resupply that base in an M3....so when I kill troops at the adjacent field...they are back up by the time I land....how do you beat that??? I've killed 11 M3s in a single sortie, ran out of ammo and they got the supps in????

How do you beat that??? Someone please tell me....

The answer will probably be along the lines of, get some guys to help you and my answer will be "didn't you say something about letting others play the game they wanted to play???"

Should I be like 49Zardoz and try to order people to do things on country channel???

If AH3 is anything like 2 as far as MA play, I will be right back here posting another thread about it.

You're wrong about the times I play just as you are wrong about claiming M3s resupplying town has a negative impact on game play.  Again, show the data that it has a negative impact.
Should I post screen shots of zero fights for one of the country's? (Could probably get 10 of those prwtty quickly) How can I show data about player vs player engagements without having logs from the MA???

The only test you can do is how long it takes to kill troops vs how long it takes to resupply them......only way resupply is slower is when strats are down....but those too come up right after you drop them because supps are OP.

Oh and 10 years plying this I've never seen you on during the day...you really trying to tell me you don't play pacific time??? :rolleyes:
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2016, 05:28:34 PM »
What's hilarious is the land grabbers saying I'm whining but I could log in right now and they would be on country channel whining about how others are playing....I play to fight other people....not hide and seek.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2016, 05:33:17 PM »
Fugi,

Hitech and skuzzy read all of these posts I'm pretty certain. And as a capitalist business owner, it's obvious he makes his own decisions rather than kill his company by a state of the nation from unnamed individuals or impartial judges who don't have pay his light bill.

Oh I doubt they read all the posts. Im sure they do look at certain threads however. The point is, that reading these posts is not going to give you a true account of what is going on in the game. You are going to see many views of what players THINK is going on in the game.

I know Hiteck use to play the game years ago, but now? I wouldn't think he is all that active. Between the long days of coading/testing for AH3, a growing family, and a bit of a real life outside the game, I wouldn't think he has the time any more. I certainly don't blame him.

I just think that with all that they have going on at HTC they might need a bit more help. If there are things going on in the game that they believe are pushing people away they would make changes to help stop that, it's just good business. If they  don't know what is going on in the game due to their over worked crew not being in game to SEE what is going on then they only have the rantings of everyone on the BBS, and how often are you going to believe us?

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2016, 05:40:03 PM »
Bustr,
They can fight me however they want, come in high over top...up a whirb....heck up some B17s and gun me down like SHawk does....anything but hiding from combat in M3s just to keep a field...
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2016, 05:43:23 PM »
.only way resupply is slower is when strats are down....but those too come up right after you drop them because supps are OP.

Has there been a non published change this year? If the settings are the same as they had been for the past 4 years before, it takes a really massive effort to get a factory back up that quick... especially nowadays with much less resuppers available.

(...)
Factory downtime is 180 minutes. A one way goon trip (ditching at the strats) takes 6-8 minutes depending on map, let's assume 7.* 

How long does it take until one factory has been resupped back to 100%?

0 player 180mins
1 player ~115 mins = ~1.9 manhours of effort
2 player ~85 mins = ~2.8 manhours
5 player ~50 mins = ~4.2 manhours
10 player ~30 mins = ~5 manhours
(...)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2016, 06:15:10 PM »
Has there been a non published change this year? If the settings are the same as they had been for the past 4 years before, it takes a really massive effort to get a factory back up that quick... especially nowadays with much less resuppers available.
This was on the map that came after FesterMA so the bases are extremely close to resupply strats...I hit it at 100% down to 33% and it was at 50 something when I was killed about 10 minutes later....I think there are guys just waiting to resupply in any form in the game right now.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2016, 09:13:48 PM »
OP only flies light fighters.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2016, 09:16:41 PM »

Should I post screen shots of zero fights for one of the country's? (Could probably get 10 of those prwtty quickly)

That's not going to show resupplying a town has a negative impact. 

Oh and 10 years plying this I've never seen you on during the day...you really trying to tell me you don't play pacific time??? :rolleyes:

Of course I play PST, I am on the West Coast but I usually don't log into the game until later at night (usually around 11pm PST).  It is very rare to see me flying in the day or during prime time. 
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2016, 12:24:03 AM »
Bombers win wars...

Go bomb the strats so when you pork things, they stay down for a long time... 

AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)