Author Topic: Pre-release Patch 1 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 17860 times)

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
Re: Pre-release Patch 1 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2016, 10:27:06 AM »
In regards to my prior question about tank shell detonation by foilage.

In watching it yesterday, it appears that any tree that displays an open area as a branch moves thru its arc reserves the open area graphically for the branch to move back in to.  It appears that the what displays as a wide open area you should be able to fire a cannon shell thru, but the shell will detonate no matter how clear the area displays. That could possibly explain why cannon shells explode in what visually appears as a clear spot around a trees foilage.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 10:55:32 AM by redcatcherb412 »
Ground Pounders ...

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: August 28, 2016, 10:33:46 AM »
Explained?
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: August 28, 2016, 11:12:54 AM »
In Game Sounds, is your Headset Mic selected? You've already said it works in AH2 so it must already be enabled and working in Windows.
I'm not next to my pc, but as I recall there are two options. 1 is for realtek, the other is the name of the headset. Neither works.

Thank you for your efforts!
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline ColTomb

• Copper Member
« Reply #123 on: August 28, 2016, 11:24:31 AM »
This is an addition to my original post http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,380818.15.html

The aircraft I have heard the sound orientation reversal and 90 degree mute are Brewster, F4F, F4U,Ki84,La7, but the worst

is the 190s. Some planes appear to be "normal" like the 109s. You can hear the sound changes with TrackIR5 or with

the hat switch when changing views. I have not checked all planes, just a small sample of them.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 11:29:21 AM by ColTomb »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #124 on: August 28, 2016, 11:33:21 AM »
Twice did I take off in a Me 163 Komet to engage enemy bombers, a set of B-29s and a set of He 111.

Both times drones were taking damage when I was actually hitting the lead bomber only. Just like in a similar incident a few versions ago, there was no way I could have landed hits on the drones during my pass. Seems the damage is approximately mirrored, hits in the lead' cockpit hit the drone cockpit (instadeath), hits on the right wing of the lead (removing it) caused engine damage on the same wing of the drones.

Unfortunately, bomber drones still don't show up on film.

Ive been testing and looking for this issue. When you saw the damage was it right after the drone exploded?

I.E. The damage was transferred at the death of the drone, or was damage shown when the drone kept flying?

HiTech

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #125 on: August 28, 2016, 12:22:58 PM »
Ive been testing and looking for this issue. When you saw the damage was it right after the drone exploded?

I.E. The damage was transferred at the death of the drone, or was damage shown when the drone kept flying?

HiTech
I had an issue when i was flying a B26 a few months ago in the beta where a yak killed my lead bomber then the others exploded right after then about a few days ago one of my drones was hit and oiled then the other drone was oiled in the same engine even though the other one was not hit
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: August 28, 2016, 12:48:55 PM »
I am getting video crashes almost every flight. The screen goes black, I can tab out of the game and I see a message from the video icon in my taskbar: "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered."---

You might try updating the video drivers. Running Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) before the update might be a good idea.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: August 28, 2016, 12:51:13 PM »
I am seeing short (0.5 - 1 second) freezes in the graphics.  Not sure if there is a pattern, but seems to happen just as I bank to turn or just as I fire guns.

Have you upgraded your video card lately or is that an entirely new build? In the previous case run the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) in Safe Mode to get rid of all remains of your previous video card and reinstall the drivers.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Shrike

• Copper Member
      • Arabian Knights Official Web Page
« Reply #128 on: August 28, 2016, 12:56:37 PM »
I took up some Lanc's last night and noticed a few things different.

1.  When in F3 mode there's no engine noise.
2.  The sound changes and sounds more muted when WEP is engaged.
AKShrike - CO Arabian Knights
USA!!!
http://aksquad.net/
USAF 85-95

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 28, 2016, 01:00:22 PM »

HiTech

First, I only saw damage 'transferred from lead to drone(s). When I attacked a He 111 drone first, it went down with any visibly damage to the other ships. After that I removed a wing from the lead (which started to plunge down). After that the remaining drone (now lead) had suddenly oil leak on the same wing. I think that phoney damage only came into existance after the Heinkel pilot bailed from the falling lead, but I can't tell for 100% sure.

In the other cases the lead bombers died to quick to tell exactly the point at which the damage was transferred, and I usually don't have a vis on the bombers when egressing (I do very fast high angle slashing attacks and usually shoot late).

I hope I can do another test this evening (US afternoon)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #130 on: August 28, 2016, 01:50:35 PM »
First, I only saw damage 'transferred from lead to drone(s). When I attacked a He 111 drone first, it went down with any visibly damage to the other ships. After that I removed a wing from the lead (which started to plunge down). After that the remaining drone (now lead) had suddenly oil leak on the same wing. I think that phoney damage only came into existance after the Heinkel pilot bailed from the falling lead, but I can't tell for 100% sure.

In the other cases the lead bombers died to quick to tell exactly the point at which the damage was transferred, and I usually don't have a vis on the bombers when egressing (I do very fast high angle slashing attacks and usually shoot late).

I hope I can do another test this evening (US afternoon)

Also if you get an AH film would help of either the bomber or the shooter.

HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 28, 2016, 01:54:47 PM »
Also if you get an AH film would help of either the bomber or the shooter.

HiTech

I can send a couple of films from the fighter pov. Just had killed a B-24 set (top down attack on the lead, looking back I see multiple fires from the lead, then in quick succession the kill messages) and tried to contact the bomber pilot about what happened on his side, but to no avail.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #132 on: August 28, 2016, 02:14:47 PM »
Howdy 2 issues since downloading the pre release version.

1. when first logging on to the MA I have 2 mouse cursors when the MOTD pops open, when I close it the game minimized to the tray. When I re open the game from the tray it acts normal, most of the time but if I sit in the tower for a bit the game freezes.

2. Track IR still keeps the game led lit after closing the game [did not do this in AH2]  not a big deal I just shut the camera off and re start it and all is good.

I am auto downloading skins so I dont know if there is some connection to problem 1 with that. DX diag attached

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: August 28, 2016, 03:07:12 PM »
Night time in 3D, stars do not display on both eyes.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: August 28, 2016, 03:23:32 PM »
Another shadow bug - I get weird, triangular-shaped poined shadows pointing inward from the outside edge of the screen.  If I go to external view,  or try to look at them from a different angle they disappear.  Seem to occur no matter what plane I'm in, and its odd they are in front of me while I'm looking INTO the sun....