Author Topic: Have you ever seen a ghost or a ufo or a yeti or sasquatch?  (Read 9125 times)

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
Re: Have you ever seen a ghost or a ufo or a yeti or sasquatch?
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2016, 08:02:59 PM »
I saw a horizontal traveling blue streak in the early '70s
while I was stationed in gtmo. At that time I thought it was a "UFO"  :noid
However, after taking physics 102 in college, I realized it was probably a far
off meteor  :old:
Ram

Ours was mid '70's I think. Western New York. South of Buffalo.

It was winter. One of those crisp clear nights. All the neighbor kids were in the back yard playing in the snow. Suddenly, we all stopped and looked to the sky. You could hear it. To this day I can't describe the sound. A low hum maybe? Looking north, just above the tree tops it seemed, moving precisely from west to east, a blue ball of light went by. We ran in the direction it went but it was gone. No flash, no explosion, nothing.

Strangest thing I ever saw in the sky until the mid 90's out west. In Nevada near Las Vegas. Not far away from a place well known for strange aerial sightings. But this was in the day time...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 08:07:34 PM by Blooz »
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2016, 09:55:59 AM »
One night in the mid 80's my younger brother and I were playing in our driveway while waiting on my dad to return from a jog in the neighborhood.  Shortly after he returned I heard him ask "what is that"?  We looked up and witnessed a huge triangle shaped object above us moving from SW to NE .  It had evenly spaced lights around it's perimeter, none of which I remember blinking.  It was too dark out to judge it's altitude/speed but it made no sound.  After it passed over we went inside and my dad called a local (Tampa) news station where they answered the phone by saying "are you calling about the UFO"?  There was very little media coverage of the event, but I believe the final verdict was space trash.  Yeah, OK.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 09:58:37 AM by RUSH1 »
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2016, 10:06:05 AM »
As far as ghosts, I had a girlfriend who swore she had a benevolent poltergeist following her.  It got to the point during junior year in HS where we'd hold these parties when her folks weren't home.  The way the thing communicated was (and I know this sounds crazy) through an old snack tray.  This thing would make the tray rock ever so slightly, and we'd sit there close, staring at it, doing the the whole A, B, C... thing out to spell out what he was saying.  We had these parties so many times that I am personally convinced there was no way it was fake. Plus he told us who he was and how he died, and it was so crazy-random that we looked it up and found him in a book in the town library.  This thing could make the dog run in the room and bark, shut lights off, make your hands turn cold or warm.  He made a battery-powered wall clock stop on command once.  Fourteen people in the room, all looking at the clock, waiting for it to stop, and he stopped it.  Had to change the batteries to get it to run again.  He apparently had fun doing this with us, and so did we, so you never really got scared.  But if you all started shouting questions at him at once, he'd make the tray bang like someone was slapping a palm down on it, and then he'd disappear for an hour or so.  First time I saw that bang I got pretty freaked out.  But he had a sense of humor, too.  Like I said, we all had fun with it so it wasn't ever scary.  And no way it was fake.  Just one of those things, I guess.   

whoa... noone ever asked deep questions like if he was stuck? etc? creepy...  Only ever had a UFO experience personally whilst camping in the Canadian Rockies. At first we all thought the light in the sky was a satellite as it has a rigid path over the sky and was bright, not blinking. This was until of course a second light joined in parrallel with the first and even stranger was at one point crossing the sky, both lights, jagged erratically to the north, then back to the south before continuing west. Super strange and after the movements in parallel, i cannot concede that these were both satellites OR aircraft as the speed at which these lights moved across the sky was amazing...   :eek:
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2016, 10:19:44 AM »
Just like the title says. Have you?
:airplane: About 2AM one morning, back in middle 60's, i was flying a DC3 back from Jackson, Ms to Thomasville, Ga and one of those "spook" C-130, with the big strobe lights on the bottom to light up the ground for troops was training in South Ala, and they turned the darn lights on about 2,000 feet above me and i thought i had "flown" into the "twi-light zone, if anyone remembers what that movie was!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2016, 01:39:27 PM »
I was drinking a couple of beers last night getting ready for fso.  I've been working 15 days straight so I looked forward to a break.  around 7:30 or so, i went to get the mail.  I saw my neighbor in the apartment in front of me, she's lived there for years I said hi and walked to my mail box and came back.

this morning I was talking to the apartment manager and she told me that my neighbor had died of cancer.  I said wow, I just saw her last night.  she said that cant be she's been dead for a month, her funeral was yesterday afternoon.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2016, 04:16:24 PM »
I was drinking a couple of beers last night getting ready for fso.  I've been working 15 days straight so I looked forward to a break.  around 7:30 or so, i went to get the mail.  I saw my neighbor in the apartment in front of me, she's lived there for years I said hi and walked to my mail box and came back.

this morning I was talking to the apartment manager and she told me that my neighbor had died of cancer.  I said wow, I just saw her last night.  she said that cant be she's been dead for a month, her funeral was yesterday afternoon.

semp

Working 15 days straight along with alcohol will do that to a person.

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2016, 01:58:33 PM »
Back in early 90's I was at home in the back yard mucking about and looked over to the city (had an awesome view of Auckland from that house) and I saw this thing hovering over the harbour which had 5 big rectangular lights which were intermittently flashing in a sequence...
.I thought hmmm what is that...as it was to far to distinguish clearly I ran through the house to my room where I had some binoculars but got there and it was gone...checked the papers and looked for any news of it but nothing...

Anyway 3 days later I was in the van with my old man and I decided to tell him my story...(now my old man is a skeptical salamander to say the least and he always got annoyed with my superior being stand point)...so anyway I start to tell him and when I'm finished he's like argh it was probably just a helicopter...Of course I am defending myself because the size of one light...even from the distance I saw it was pretty obvious it was bigger than a helicopter itself...

Now at this stage for some reason...I leaned forward and looked above me...have no idea why...but there it was....all you could really see was the lights...now I must say...this thing was about 50M above us with 5 huge rectangular lights (much like a pan fitting) yet emitted no light to the ground....

The old man did the same still driving as he thought I was all excrement and had a little poop....but in true dad style argh that's just a helicopter....Now I was fuming and said....no freaking way that is a helicopter... we were near home and instead of pulling into the driveway he drove down to the end of the cul-de-sac to have a better look we lost sight of it for 5-10 seconds due to trees... stopped and scanned the sky and nothing...gone...

still he goes on about this and that and I just said ok where did it go then?? they probably just turned the lights off

It wasn't till a few years later when I was once again talking about the superior beings that I found out...through my mum that the old man is a little freaked out by what he saw.... Of course like all good dads he stays staunch but It really did make his mind flip a bit....

Looked and looked but there was nothing noted anywhere about any kind of sightings...but yeah...there you go...a UFO ... have no idea what it was...and have never seem depictions of what I saw in other sighting types
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 02:00:56 PM by SPKmes »

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2016, 04:12:47 PM »
One night in the mid 80's my younger brother and I were playing in our driveway while waiting on my dad to return from a jog in the neighborhood.  Shortly after he returned I heard him ask "what is that"?  We looked up and witnessed a huge triangle shaped object above us moving from SW to NE .  It had evenly spaced lights around it's perimeter, none of which I remember blinking.  It was too dark out to judge it's altitude/speed but it made no sound.  After it passed over we went inside and my dad called a local (Tampa) news station where they answered the phone by saying "are you calling about the UFO"?  There was very little media coverage of the event, but I believe the final verdict was space trash.  Yeah, OK.

Like an open ended triangle of lights? If so exactly what I saw a few yea ago.  Perimeter of lights, shaped like this      <
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2016, 06:37:36 AM »
In the mid 90's we camped at Gettysburg for the weekend with my Boy Scout Troop. McMillan Woods Youth Campground was the exact location.

I was probably 14 or so, maybe 1995/6? The campground bordered a wheat field, and that Friday night me and a few of my friends were walking the old rusty barbwire border of the campground and field. If it wasn't a full moon it was very close to it and very clear. Spots of fog were meandering through the field, very picturesque.

All of a sudden, while we we stared out into the field an object, completely silent flew within several feet of us. It looked like a cartoon swarm of bees, lots of little black dots, and was in the shape of a tear drop. It flew from left to right and dissapared, It was very close and very visible. I don't think it was very big, If I could guess it was no longer than 4 or 5 feet. Everyone of my friends saw it, some even took off running. I wasn't going to be the only one standing there so I ran too. lol.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2016, 10:59:49 AM »
Like an open ended triangle of lights? If so exactly what I saw a few yea ago.  Perimeter of lights, shaped like this      <

If you mean open ended as in no lights at each of the three points, I can't remember.  That was so long ago and I was only in my early teens at the time.  I just remember the lights being evenly spaced or uniform in their placement.  Surprisingly I don't think back on it much, but when I do it still blows my mind.  The size of the object and the fact it made no sound rules out any military craft.  Although, we were still in the middle of the cold war so who knows what we were working on at that time.   

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2016, 08:53:25 PM »

semp
What you are describing is similar with"Mandela effect" conspiracy,  this paranormal phenomen expoded after 2010,  there are 1000s of reports and videos  already on You Yube.
"The term "Mandela Effect" was coined by self-described "paranormal consultant" Fiona Broome, who has written on her web site that she first became aware of the phenomenon after discovering that she shared a particular false memory — that South African human rights activist and president Nelson Mandela died in prison during the 1980s (he actually died in 2013) — with many other people. Then she began noticing other examples:"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/20/are-you-living-in-an-alternate-reality-welcome-to-the-wacky-worl/

You and the apartment manager  could be living in alternate  split reality; time travelers  , surfing on a bent time space ripple side effect of CERN or quantum computing. According with quantum physics a particle can be in 2 places at once, and somehow communicate instantly,  over infinite distance across space and time.
Nothing is subject to chance, the reason we meet here on this game forums is because we share a pair of this quantum entangled particle. I read your post maybe because I have one particle in my brain connected with one in your brain and this 2 like to meet and communicate. In quantum computers they reach this stage through superconductivity supercooling to zero absolute , but in nature occurs on ambient tempeteture somehow.

My English is not good to writte all of this, but watch Georgie Rose, the creator of Dwaves, first quantum computer explaining the parallel realities @time 13.00.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 08:57:04 PM by ghi »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2016, 09:17:02 PM »
LOL @ the Hocus Pocus! 

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:08 PM »
ghi give me back my brain cell.  the one i have left is lonely.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.