Author Topic: I got a spankin  (Read 8513 times)

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
Re: I got a spankin
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 12:25:47 PM »
Based on who he says he is, he's been around off and on since maybe 2003 or 2006.

Most times just a big <S> and moving on is the best way to have fun.

Hang in there we like having you in the game.
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 12:44:16 PM »
I scalped him really good last time. I ever received PMs. It was good.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2016, 12:58:11 PM »
I don't get this.  If you love the game, there's gotta be better ways to handle your discontent than quitting.  AH needs more people playing, not fewer.

When I have all of 2 hours to play the game, and that 2 hours is ruined by someone circumventing the spirit of the game to "troll" individual people, yeah the game isn't fun. Not worth my time and money to battle with someone who's sole purpose in the environment is based on ruining someone else's enjoyment of the game. 

I understand the difference between whining that i got killed in a game, and having my experience as a whole ruined by the actions of single player who's enjoyment is based purely on greifing other players.  BIG difference between players who are just darn good pilots and someone who's life force is rejuvenated from the frustrations of others.

He can support the game by himself for all i care. He can have 30 accounts and be perfect all by himself, him and cybro can have a jeep race around the bomber hanger. Not fun for those around him/her.

I'd switch countries, but once again this means that players AROUND the griefer must change to experience the intended joy of the game. 
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2016, 04:50:36 PM »
When I have all of 2 hours to play the game, and that 2 hours is ruined by someone circumventing the spirit of the game to "troll" individual people, yeah the game isn't fun. Not worth my time and money to battle with someone who's sole purpose in the environment is based on ruining someone else's enjoyment of the game. 

I understand the difference between whining that i got killed in a game, and having my experience as a whole ruined by the actions of single player who's enjoyment is based purely on greifing other players.  BIG difference between players who are just darn good pilots and someone who's life force is rejuvenated from the frustrations of others.

He can support the game by himself for all i care. He can have 30 accounts and be perfect all by himself, him and cybro can have a jeep race around the bomber hanger. Not fun for those around him/her.

I'd switch countries, but once again this means that players AROUND the griefer must change to experience the intended joy of the game.

This person is not a griever. You make him/her a griever by letting anyone in a GAME under your skin. Yes you still have to change.... but the only change is not to have such thin skin. Some folks will feed off you if you let them. If you act as if it does not bother you, they will find someone else who does get bothered.

Oh and <S> it's a game.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2016, 06:01:19 PM »
Oh and <S> it's a game.

indeed. I do enjoy when it exists as it was intended, and not abused. So you're right it is a game, but rules also make the game fair and enjoyable for all.  :cheers:

56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2016, 08:12:20 PM »
If its true that he is a griefer and gets off causing frustrations in other players, then aren't you giving him huge sense of validation by quitting, just because of him?

Offline Invictus84

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2016, 10:12:25 PM »
skyrr/starfox is the reason I'll be cancelling my sub. whomever it is, he/she is an infection on this game and community. period.

It's sad to see so much hard work and the great strides in AH3 to be ruined by a single player. And he IS ruining the game experience.

You could choose to ignore his antics.  I do.  He's hunted me several times when I kill him or if he dies trying to kill me.  Seems he does not like dying at all and requires you die as payback.  Rather childish, but why let that ruin the game for you?  Do you want to look back and remember you left the game because an overgrown child drove you away?

Whoever he is, it is easy to see he craves attention.  Want to get him to go away?  It is simple.

Ignore him. 

Don't threaten to quit the game. 

Don't PM him.

If he PMs you, don't respond.

Don't salute him. 

If he kills you, runs from you or to ack, don't go off about it on comms or text.

If you kill him, don't crow about it.

STOP posting about him on the forum. 

If he makes the #1 ranking, congratulate the guy who made #2.

If others start going off about him publicly, take them aside nicely and tell them the same thing I'm telling you here.

He's a gnat.  A nothing.  He isn't a legend.  He isn't even a folktale. He doesn't exist. He never did.

If you and others do this, you kill his only reason for being here.  For guys like him, it eats them up inside.

Just ignore him.  It works.

:salute

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2016, 10:50:12 PM »
You could choose to ignore his antics.  I do.  He's hunted me several times when I kill him or if he dies trying to kill me.  Seems he does not like dying at all and requires you die as payback.  Rather childish, but why let that ruin the game for you?  Do you want to look back and remember you left the game because an overgrown child drove you away?

Whoever he is, it is easy to see he craves attention.  Want to get him to go away?  It is simple.

Ignore him. 

Don't PM him.

Don't salute him. 

If he kills you, runs from you or to ack, don't go off about it on comms or text.

If others start going off about him publicly, take them aside nicely and tell them the same thing I'm telling you here.

He's a gnat.  A nothing.  He isn't a legend.  He isn't even a folktale. He doesn't exist. He never did.

If you and others do this, you kill his only reason for being here.  For guys like him, it eats them up inside.

Wow, rational thinking. That has been my thinking concerning player "X"

Chuikov

Offline Invictus84

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2016, 11:18:18 PM »

Wow, rational thinking. That has been my thinking concerning player "X"

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2016, 11:22:43 PM »

Ignore him. 

Don't PM him.

Don't salute him. 

Good advise.
Take away what keeps them coming back and they will soon leave.

Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2016, 12:15:05 AM »
It's absurd to think that starfox is not skyrr.

Anyone can stop running their mouth at any moment. I mean look at me! I was a very very mouthy one for a bit, but for the most part now? I don't even talk, that is unless it's sawzaw. He's too fun to pick on.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2016, 02:14:46 AM »
what is funny is how grown men think that a single player can spoil their fun in this game. does that single player has that much power on you?  if you think he does, then you have bigger problems in life.  so ho ahead and quit, see a therapist.  really get help.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2016, 02:32:52 AM »
what is funny is how grown men think that a single player can spoil their fun in this game. does that single player has that much power on you?  if you think he does, then you have bigger problems in life.  so ho ahead and quit, see a therapist.  really get help.

semp

Ive seen one person upset about it.. the rest of us are pointing out facts.

Thanks for your insight of my mental state however.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2016, 03:58:10 AM »
Well I am pretty sure that Starfox IS NOT skyr. I have heard Skyr on voice and was obviously not using a Modulator. Sure, he flies the same plane sets, more than a few also fly those same fighters. He has Always shown class, with me anyway! Several times he has killed me! Asked him where I screwed up (other than taking off), and he was pretty quick on the information. Then again, Skyr was almost as good at answering that situation, . Face it guys, we all have our favorite players to slaughter. In my opinion, why is ch 200 set for on default, as I have heard a few newer players that get kills on  old timer and then get practically abused about it. They had 200 selected and had to witness the rants. One towards him but he could see how prevalent that sort of "rant" is. Yup, he called BS and didn't get the full 2 weeks even. Can we not use PM's to jig folk?  Just saying, most rant about n
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2016, 05:30:22 PM »
what is funny is how grown men think that a single player can spoil their fun in this game.

In practice a player can systematically ruin the gameplay of another. The ones that need to do that need the help imho.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234