Author Topic: I got a spankin  (Read 8513 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: I got a spankin
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2016, 06:49:04 PM »
In practice a player can systematically ruin the gameplay of another. The ones that need to do that need the help imho.

as far as i know the only one that has spoiled the fun and it had happened several times is skuzzy and that was by accident when he tripped on the power cord.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2016, 06:51:30 PM »
as far as i know the only one that has spoiled the fun and it had happened several times is skuzzy and that was by accident when he tripped on the power cord.

Well if you've never experienced it...

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Invictus84

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2016, 07:53:17 PM »

I've experienced it.  So what?  Isn't the idea to fight other planes?

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2016, 08:24:14 PM »
I've experienced it.  So what?  Isn't the idea to fight other planes?

Fight yes. Someone playing with their own private AWACS, singling a specific player out and just picking constantly isn't sporting nor fighting imho.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2016, 09:05:00 PM »
Fight yes. Someone playing with their own private AWACS, singling a specific player out and just picking constantly isn't sporting nor fighting imho.
Very good way to put it
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Invictus84

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2016, 01:21:46 AM »
Nevermind.  It isn't worth going any further about.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2016, 01:29:29 AM »
You could choose to ignore his antics.  I do.  He's hunted me several times when I kill him or if he dies trying to kill me.  Seems he does not like dying at all and requires you die as payback.  Rather childish, but why let that ruin the game for you?  Do you want to look back and remember you left the game because an overgrown child drove you away?

Whoever he is, it is easy to see he craves attention.  Want to get him to go away?  It is simple.

Ignore him. 

Don't threaten to quit the game. 

Don't PM him.

If he PMs you, don't respond.

Don't salute him. 

If he kills you, runs from you or to ack, don't go off about it on comms or text.

If you kill him, don't crow about it.

STOP posting about him on the forum. 

If he makes the #1 ranking, congratulate the guy who made #2.

If others start going off about him publicly, take them aside nicely and tell them the same thing I'm telling you here.

He's a gnat.  A nothing.  He isn't a legend.  He isn't even a folktale. He doesn't exist. He never did.

If you and others do this, you kill his only reason for being here.  For guys like him, it eats them up inside.

Just ignore him.  It works.

:salute

:rock
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2016, 02:19:08 AM »

go ahead

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2016, 02:51:32 AM »
When I have all of 2 hours to play the game, and that 2 hours is ruined by someone circumventing the spirit of the game to "troll" individual people, yeah the game isn't fun. Not worth my time and money to battle with someone who's sole purpose in the environment is based on ruining someone else's enjoyment of the game. 

I understand the difference between whining that i got killed in a game, and having my experience as a whole ruined by the actions of single player who's enjoyment is based purely on greifing other players.  BIG difference between players who are just darn good pilots and someone who's life force is rejuvenated from the frustrations of others.

He can support the game by himself for all i care. He can have 30 accounts and be perfect all by himself, him and cybro can have a jeep race around the bomber hanger. Not fun for those around him/her.

I'd switch countries, but once again this means that players AROUND the griefer must change to experience the intended joy of the game.
well either change to his country or just fight the country he's not on--there's no reason to quit
or try gving
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 02:53:05 AM by lunatic1 »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2016, 02:57:12 AM »
the puppet strings are hanging

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2016, 03:32:34 AM »

You can speak your mind, always interested to hear of similar experiences.

Choosing not to get emotionally bent out of shape about it is one thing. Being practically unable to play your game because of another's 'pestering' is another. Was merely my point (to Semp mostly I think).

I'm a stall fighter by nature and I love close-in manoeuvring. Once I get started I'm often I'm doing way less than 150 m.p.h. usually near the deck, sometimes less that 50. It's almost trivial for another, faster aircraft to kill me when I'm engaged with someone else. Or several someone elses, as it often ends up. You could argue that's unrealistic or unwise but I find it fun. I think Aces High is just a game. I'm pretty sure I can prove that.

Apparently some people's fun comes from systematically spoiling the fun of others. Usually out of spite or insecurity I've found. I think that's unreasonable and should not be allowed.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 03:34:21 AM by nrshida »
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2016, 01:23:32 PM »

I have only been here since close to the beginning and have never experienced any...... Well except for Skuzzy tripping.  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2016, 01:27:47 PM »
Hopefully the screenshot I sent in is enough to be the icing on the cake to provide proof he's purposely griefing...pretty much admitted to it on 200 this morning....plenty of people were online and witnessed it.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2016, 01:35:38 PM »
I have only been here since close to the beginning and have never experienced any...... Well except for Skuzzy tripping.  :aok

Doesn't go by the hours you've been here buddy. You just have to set em off. Usually you don't even know what you've done.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2016, 01:38:09 PM »
Doesn't go by the hours you've been here buddy. You just have to set em off. Usually you don't even know what you've done.

I killed plenty. The problem is that you don't set them off, they set you off. Think about that a bit.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)