Author Topic: I got a spankin  (Read 8514 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: I got a spankin
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2016, 01:54:53 PM »
I killed plenty. The problem is that you don't set them off, they set you off. Think about that a bit.

I have thought about it for a bit, but it doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2016, 02:30:50 PM »
I have thought about it for a bit, but it doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

Simply explained is he feeds off your squealing. The more you squeal the more he hunts for you.

If you shrug it off then he will move on to someone who will squeal.

A second choice is get your own AWACS and hunt him/her.

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2016, 02:46:52 PM »

That would result in a violation of the game's TOS and result in a ban, as a recent player found out.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2016, 03:05:27 PM »

Everything goes downhill from there.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2016, 03:12:24 PM »
Simply explained is he feeds off your squealing. The more you squeal the more he hunts for you.

I'm sure that wasn't intended as quite so condescending as it came across. We're talking about sadistic sociopaths who are trying to make their problems other people's problems. AH is a perfect avenue for that. A lack of 'squealing' is apparently equally as motivating I found.

If one objects to an unreasonable pattern of behaviour your suggestion is to adopt the same approach? No I don't think so.

I believe there's a hierarchy of ACM. You can't hunt a faster plane being flown with that awareness. The development of fighter aircraft and tactics since WWI has made that an axiom. That's ironically the hollowness of most griefer's MO. They assert (either to themselves, or via PM or YouTube videos) that it's their personal qualities or skill that's the reason they win. Almost without fault it is infact just the application of tactically superior ACM in accordance with the aircraft they are using. Sure that takes skill too, but a narrower set imho. I think you can't grief from a slower, more manoeuvrable plane. That's basically just out-flying, partially because you can't control or force the fight.

As if that weren't enough, they also secure the additional advantage of knowing where you are. What you're flying, what altitude you're at. When you are engaged, smack talk the bejabers out of you to try and put you off your A game. All of that unavailable to those who are 'playing fair' and still, having said all that, a 'kill' still satisfies their ego  :rofl 

So far, two of the three psychos I've run into in AH neither can stall fight or do the more advanced ACM requiring good spatial awareness of both you and your opponent at the same time. One of them I'm quite sure is motivated to grief because of his deficiencies. Loves ACM, can't match what some of the top sticks can do, finds a work-around.

Rather pathetic and sad when you get down to the elementals of it.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2016, 04:31:29 PM »
That would result in a violation of the game's TOS and result in a ban, as a recent player found out.

Interesting! So in all these years when looking for some individual for a good fight, I have been violating TOS.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2016, 04:35:27 PM »
I'm sure that wasn't intended as quite so condescending as it came across.

No, nothing like that was meant at all.

Like I said. That is another choice you can make. There are others as have been posted.

Don't forget..... The object of the game is to fight.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 04:39:46 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2016, 04:37:57 PM »

Everything goes downhill from there.

Hmmm so you fight in the game and it goes down hill? I think the other person might give up their method of hunting and go elsewhere.

Putting the shoe on the other foot, so to speak. LOL
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2016, 04:49:52 PM »

I believe there's a hierarchy of ACM.

So far, two of the three psychos I've run into in AH neither can stall fight or do the more advanced ACM requiring good spatial awareness of both you and your opponent at the same time.

...Loves ACM, can't match what some of the top sticks can do, finds a work-around.

Can you clarify this please?

Someone may very well be able to ride an edge better than someone else, but I don't think the other's ability to read energy states and react appropriately is really a "work around."

Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2016, 05:21:49 PM »
Interesting! So in all these years when looking for some individual for a good fight, I have been violating TOS.

The suggestion you made "A second choice is get your own AWACS and hunt him/her." would be, especially if done to purposely grief another player.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2016, 05:28:47 PM »
However said player is still flying AcesHigh, and still doing the same thing to multiple players of the game.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2016, 05:30:49 PM »
I have an idea: Just accept that this is a game and dont get too emotionally involved in your cartoon pilots Life and Health. You take this game way too serious.

The level of paranoia some people are expressing...  :noid
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2016, 07:22:29 PM »
I have an idea: Do not be tolerant of someone who's only goal in the game is to make you miserable.
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2016, 08:19:26 PM »
Why doesn't AH3 use a 'Anit-Cheat' program like Punkbuster? It will kick a hacker out until they download a clean version, that way no one is thrown out and eliminate/reduce questionable activity.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2016, 10:41:36 PM »
I have an idea: Just accept that this is a game and dont get too emotionally involved in your cartoon pilots Life and Health. You take this game way too serious.

I really fail to understand the continual projection of emotional reaction. Where does that automatic corelation originate? Is that a standard assumption with any kind of complaint, legitimate or not? I have never beaten my dog, wept myself to sleep, threw my joystick against the wall (someone once told me they did that), or had to put £5 into the swearbox over AH. Some of us are simply stating that deliberate griefing of your game play is annoying, morally indefensible and apparently against AH's TOS. Again, if you haven't experienced this then do not make assumptions about how people react or pass it off lightly. You would also find that your available game time is spoiled. Over and over again. The complaint is as simple as that really.

Don't forget..... The object of the game is to fight.

Yes fight. Now when someone prevents you from doing that during your paid gametime...

Like I said. That is another choice you can make. There are others as have been posted.

Eventually you'll learn the only two choices are to avoid as much as possible, which comes down to small gaps of time when a person has multiple accounts or to log off (also evidently rewarding to some).

Why doesn't AH3 use a 'Anit-Cheat' program like Punkbuster? It will kick a hacker out until they download a clean version, that way no one is thrown out and eliminate/reduce questionable activity.

There's no hacking bud, it's possible to do this with an untampered version of the game. Usually at least two copies actually.

Can you clarify this please?

Someone may very well be able to ride an edge better than someone else, but I don't think the other's ability to read energy states and react appropriately is really a "work around."

Let's make an essential distinction between ACM and griefing. I have (once again) no objection to the BnZ style of energy fighting. I'm suggesting that if you want to do way more killing that getting killed, and want to grief other people then this is the approach for you. It took me about three years to learn to stall fight the way I do and about one month to learn to BnZ (admitted I already knew a lot more about simulated flight by then). BnZ has manifold tactical advantages over turn / stall fighting, especially in aircraft that are also competent energy builders (like the LA7 or admittedly 190D-9). You can more safely extract in the vert. Your SA is enhanced. Your gunnery is enhanced. You are less pressured to make decisions with fuzzy data. It is a simpler flowchart-like system. You are able to maintain orientation. Your T.E.D. is minimal. You have the option to break off your attack or escape the fight at any time (with planning). You can dictate the fight to the opponent instead of the other way around. You can prevent your opponent from leaving and should be able to kill him from relative safety once you've established an advantage or the moment a third party engages him. Now couple that with dubious motivation and additional tactical information not available to TOS-abiding players and you have a player / plane / tactic combination that can truly be a pest, and effectively stop you from fighting / having fun. All that and we haven't even talked about the psychological aspects of smack talking or propagandic YouTube videos yet.

You said it best yourself elsewhere (quote worthy actually). Something like: 'I can kill anyone in the game, but some of them I cannot out-fly'. That's what I meant by workaround.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-