Author Topic: When I logged in today...  (Read 3703 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: When I logged in today...
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2016, 08:37:07 AM »
Hang in there, Rich.  What goes around comes around.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2016, 08:40:43 AM »

:bolt:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2016, 08:50:11 AM »
A1 was no failure. It was a big gun fight like we used to have and no matter what you were doing you were going to fight. AND it lasted for hours. Yeah it would have been nice to grab, and we came close, but It was old time fun. No failures at A1 last night.

I think that anything which promotes a fight like this is a great thing for the game. Guys are looking past the "fun" of the game for a strategic objective which really doesn't mean anything other than a new map. 

The fun is the thrill of the attack or the stalwart defense...the interaction with fellow players to achieve a goal while fighting the enemy which is trying to deny you that goal.  A fight which lasts for hours is a great thing in my opinion.  When the game degrades from interacting with fellow players to avoiding the fight to refusing to fly and just manning guns.....its time is limited as people vote with their feet.

For the solo minded guys, the ability to influence the fight by hitting strats is still there.....you can always hit fields but usually without support you are not going to solo it....which is a good thing.

One side serious outnumbered is never fun....I see the numbers ebb and flow depending on time. Especially for the rooks.

Dobs
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2016, 10:49:00 AM »
We need more Euro-time players.

Are you still living in Italy?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2016, 11:46:31 AM »
Zack has a plutonium member....is that painful?..... :old:

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2016, 01:24:06 PM »
It must be worse than painful, having a radioactive member. Active only on the radio... :old:
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2016, 02:52:53 PM »
From my recent experience, I have yet to experience much grief for switching countries. Then again I am not to terribly concerned with winning the war.
Oh its there! They real problem comes into effect when several members of your squad are on, and someone had swapped a couple hours earlier. So 3 on one country and 1 on another, for an hour or 2. Even when the odd guy out isnt fighting on same side of the map. Most players will simply ask " why is such and such on the Pick One country". So a simple explanation and all is well. Its the few(alot fewer than in AH2) dont ask and just start in with the accusations. Its water on a ducks back to most of us, but some folk can get a bit worked up over it.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2016, 01:17:04 AM »
people still think there's a difference between rooks, bishops, and knights?  thats like thinking the rules of monopoly will change according to what piece you choose to play with....           i havent played in a long time, but i know for sure that the only difference between the teams is literally just different phonic assignments and different chess piece symbols to go with.     it is fun tho to watch someone who actually believes "THE BISH ARE BAD!!!" go off on a completely irrational and unfounded tirade about how only the players on this certain country are the ones responsible for any and all things he/she deems a detriment to gameplay.  and i always get a kick out of how totally unwilling these players are to listen to any sort of logical thought on the matter.   or is it me that's got it twisted?  maybe the bish really are the root of all that sucks!!  hmmm.  when/if i come back, im definitely NOT going to be flying bish!!  that country is populated exclusively with players who exist only to pee on my parade.  avoid those bish everyone....  something about being assigned that symbol brings out the Richard Cranium in anyone who flies under it!      :aok
-AoM-

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2016, 01:23:12 AM »
people still think there's a difference between rooks, bishops, and knights?  thats like thinking the rules of monopoly will change according to what piece you choose to play with....           i havent played in a long time, but i know for sure that the only difference between the teams is literally just different phonic assignments and different chess piece symbols to go with.     it is fun tho to watch someone who actually believes "THE BISH ARE BAD!!!" go off on a completely irrational and unfounded tirade about how only the players on this certain country are the ones responsible for any and all things he/she deems a detriment to gameplay.  and i always get a kick out of how totally unwilling these players are to listen to any sort of logical thought on the matter.   or is it me that's got it twisted?  maybe the bish really are the root of all that sucks!!  hmmm.  when/if i come back, im definitely NOT going to be flying bish!!  that country is populated exclusively with players who exist only to pee on my parade.  avoid those bish everyone....  something about being assigned that symbol brings out the Richard Cranium in anyone who flies under it!      :aok

yeah, it is pretty stupid when you step back and look at it.

But these are the players left.  Ones that dont worry about the fight, and worry about the map. 

It hits home for them I guess...  :rofl

Ill continue to swap countries to find a fight, they cant ruin my attempt to find fun.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2016, 01:31:47 AM »
yeah, it is pretty stupid when you step back and look at it.

But these are the players left.  Ones that dont worry about the fight, and worry about the map. 

It hits home for them I guess...  :rofl

Ill continue to swap countries to find a fight, they cant ruin my attempt to find fun.

very well said; includes words to live by  :aok       :salute
-AoM-

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2016, 02:50:59 AM »