Author Topic: still settling in  (Read 7320 times)

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
still settling in
« on: November 14, 2016, 11:35:56 AM »
so I'm flying last night, DX11, still trying to dial in new rig, using fast v-sync setting, pulling 150+ f/s. Screen freezes a beat, then moves on. This is the only real issue for me. No stuttering, just freezes and resumption of play.

I cannot tell if my system hardware was overloaded for a beat or if it got stuck waiting for packets from the server, or a software glitch burped.
still using only game options for graphics.
NVidia 373.xx driver
NVidia hd audio, hdmi hdtv speakes
realtek audio, headset/mic

I was not really keying mic much so no voice to freeze anomaly. It only happened 1 or twice but still.......many things have been disabled or de-auto'ed.
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: still settling in
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 04:23:46 PM »
run the dx9 version of the game and try again. There is a bug HTC is having trouble finding that is hitting some players running the dx11 version. Just start the game using the dx9.exe instead of the dx11.exe.

If you still have the little freezes then it is something in your system that is the most likely culprit. If it doesn't, then it may be the bug and it would be helpfull if you posted your specs in the "petite freezes" thread.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 04:37:19 PM »
I reckon it's HDMI audio related.

I use analog audio and never have the problem.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 05:46:04 PM »

QFT!

This is a known issue but there is a work around if you must have sound from the speakers on the TV.  Use RCA cables from sound card audio output and plug those into TV. Crude yes but it eliminates the HDMI sound issue,just disable HDMI sound in your sound card settings.

:salute

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 06:34:35 PM »

I dont use hdmi audio, dont even have the driver's installed.  and I still get the stutters.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 01:43:40 AM »
I dont use hdmi audio, dont even have the driver's installed.  and I still get the stutters.

semp

Have you also disabled the hdmi audio in Device Manager? Windows tends to install a generic HDaudio driver for it in case no "real" driver is present.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 02:33:41 AM »
Why would HDMI drivers get freezes in DX11 when DX9 dont ?
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 02:36:14 AM »
Why would HDMI drivers get freezes in DX11 when DX9 dont ?

I don't know any exact answer, but logically thinking since DX11 can do a lot more than DX9, there's also a lot more possibilities for conflicts.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 06:42:00 AM »
There is a substantial difference between the underlying architectures of DirectX9 and DirectX11.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 10:38:26 PM »
Does posting up AH recorded sorties provide intel about actual experiences?

ie: will others viewing see the same stutters or freezes that I experience

I have been slowly doing sorties with different software/hardware configs to see if theres a specific cause to my little stutters.

I intended to post them with the config that was flown.

ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 06:21:02 AM »
Typically, we have not seen the stutters show up in the films, so we have been asking for both films and a Fraps-like recording (thsy do show the stutter) of the same event, so we can accurately assemble the events of the stutter.

So far, there has been zero consistency in the few sets of films we have gotten.

Windows 10 seems to be a source of some it as we have noted complaints about other games having stutters as well, but there is not enough data to make an accurate assessment.

We are still speculating what it could be.  The lack of data is really slowing the progress.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 08:31:12 PM »
Right off let me say that nothing I did or tried had any positive result. I would still get minor stops and starts. IMO they are internet burps.....

Monitor is a SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, internet tests give it a 33ms input lag, 60Hz refresh, HDMI>HDMI.
picture settings> game original, all post processing disable, display area full pixel, advanced settings have color, white, black all full

Gigabyte GTX 1070G1, stock, no SLI, latest Nvidia driver with only driver and HD Audio installed.

ASPECT Scaling 16:9 with GPU selected and all override selected.
Global profile settings disabled, minimized ....DSR enabled at x1.78, res 2560x1440 @60Hz
AH3 profile, all settings MAXED, app overrides, 1 pre rendered frame, no 3 buffer, vsync fast, I thru in everything but the kitchen sink.

ACES HIGH, all detail sliders maxed, environment none, reflections disabled, post lighting enabled but NO options selected, v-sync disabled, 2560x1440 res

And its dam BEAUTIFUL!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 09:08:25 PM by MADe »

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2016, 08:51:05 PM »
I disabled Nvidia HD audio
I disabled RealTek Audio
I used native res of 1920x1080p@60Hz
I used an older driver
I disabled all nvidia profile settings and used only AH settings
I changed cpu affinity to 3 cores, then 2 core, 3&4.
I used nada but performance choices, now above I pushed the card hard.

I want to say that its internet related, that the machine is waiting for something. Crowded areas, as usual, were a dominating factor.
Ultimately its the same as its always been for me. There were always hiccups in a crowd.

I'm low and slow over a field, banging thru the views major attack, view comes forward and 6 enemy icons are all co-alt and.....burp.......its like it had to process all the new objects simultaneously and was not moving till it was all done. pure conjecture on my part, attempt at an illustration.......
I logged immediately and was sport'in a 300+ms ping times in the GUI.................

« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 08:55:13 PM by MADe »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2016, 06:29:48 AM »
We are pretty sure the long pause (1/2 second) is a game issue.  Well, possibly a shader compiler issue.  It is very difficult to nail down as we have witnessed it once in the office and have never been able to duplicate it again.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2016, 06:41:36 AM »
We are pretty sure the long pause (1/2 second) is a game issue.  Well, possibly a shader compiler issue.  It is very difficult to nail down as we have witnessed it once in the office and have never been able to duplicate it again.

An chance of someone near by HTC office who is having this problem could let HTC see it in person?