Author Topic: FSO Recruitment  (Read 4786 times)

Offline Bannor

• Nickel Member
Re: FSO Recruitment
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2016, 11:05:25 PM »
it must have been a Bannor day!!

On the 4th of July I'm star spangled!  :rofl
Destiny brought you here, now FATE will deal with your six!

Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2016, 05:43:21 AM »
Military channel ad in 04 or 05 for me....and I wasn't a gamer either...I traded a Cadillac for a gaming computer for this game in may of 05...wife been trying to leave me ever since  :noid

You're from Oklahoma too...

You must be some kinda country cowboys singer.  :rofl
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2016, 09:22:02 AM »
 :rofl

Nope... just an Okie living north of Muskogee  :rofl  :rofl :rofl

Its closer than Tulsa and my odds of getting shot aren't near as great  :noid
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2016, 12:36:16 PM »
I would like to offer my thoughts on recruitment if I may.  I am in Nefs fso squad the 412th FNV (Friday night volunteers) which is made up of guys from several MA squads.  Nef sends out Tshirts which he makes up on his own at the end of each year (a fact I didn't know when I joined) and that is a motivator  like no other, but that is not what makes the squad so great, it is the fact that we get on every Friday night and pick and tease each other and visit with each other and share our real lives.  As some of you know last year I came down with stage 4 lung cancer, had 1/2 of left lung removed, went through chemo, and was to the point several times of just wanting to give up, except this squad wouldn't not let me, they kept encouraging me calling, pm'ing me and talking to me and I came through it.  Now,  the point is,,,, if each squad in FSO will just give each one in their squad, this kind of support both in the game and in real life, and let it be known in Aces High, then we will see the return of a lot of players that have left and recruit some of the newest players in the game; but it takes us all talking it up next year for this to happen.  I will do my part every time I can.
  Don't get me wrong I am not saying the other squads don't do this, I don't know haven't been in them, I am just using this as an example.

SALUTE
ab8aac/dmdchief
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2016, 02:17:53 PM »
:rofl

Nope... just an Okie living north of Muskogee  :rofl  :rofl :rofl

Its closer than Tulsa and my odds of getting shot aren't near as great  :noid

Cool, I was just in Tulsa this past August. My company has a satellite office there. Very flat Oklahoma is...
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2016, 02:30:25 PM »
  i have pointed out a few things over several years....that have not been corrected...and DO NOT HELP TO GET NEW PLAYERS...i have brought several players to AH only to have them..NOT play do to several reasons....one. after downloading the game, there arent any instructions on what to do and how to do it.....they didnt even know you could set the views or how to set the views on air craft. you would have to know that you need to search to find out what the key board keys do....and they had no clue what a DOT command  was. i had proposed ..years ago.. a tutorial that would have a voice tell you the basics and with each helpful prompt highlight the control , both in the cockpit and on the keyboard.  and two no explanations on game play. it would be nice to  have a page to show how to set of convergence,hot to straife,drop bombs, how icons work,and basic air combat and tank combat.  most download it, play around offline,cant figure it out,get frustrated and go play call of duty,lol

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2016, 02:17:46 PM »
maybe you should've helped them more and encouraged them or showed them where to find the answers or ask the right questions?

when I bring someone in, I'm married to them until they feel comfortable enough to play on their own. I even meet with them every night to answer questions. while you do have a valid point about getting them a tutorial, being a buddy and a teacher to them would help immensely. I would never let them go to the wayside, knowing I could have helped them...LOL.

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2016, 08:21:37 PM »
    great advice.........i have actual responsibilities in the real world to attend to and as i pay to play this game,and have no authority here, why should i as a player with limited time,spend all my free time trying to keep a few players...when good advice has been given and the actual owners of the game could work on and implement that would help hundreds of potential players and possible make the game great again and also protect their livelihood.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2016, 08:31:02 PM »
Anybody else agree Alpini should be in charge?  Him smart.   :rolleyes:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2016, 09:31:14 PM »
i have actual responsibilities in the real world to attend to

...how wonderful for you.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2016, 09:33:16 PM »
Regarding Alpini's complaint: I quite disagree, respectfully. I have found help for this game in multiple places, from those playing online to AHWiki to YouTube. Your recruits must have had short attention spans, or too busy to give it a proper chance. I'm not buyin it.

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2016, 10:15:21 PM »
While some of the basic info is covered here: http://www.hitechcreations.com/support/support-help which is accessible from the clipboard, Alpini is correct in HTC's current lack of instantly available info on basic ACM or other combat skills relevant to success in the game as a whole. I know that Vudu15 made some Youtube videos geared to new players - it would be nice to have a link to those on the help page as well.

But this is more relevant to the game as a whole than FSO.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2016, 11:26:07 PM »
Alpini is correct in HTC's current lack of instantly available info on basic ACM or other combat skills relevant to success in the game as a whole.
With all of the new games out there that offer an entry level training tutorial, I've often wondered why AH doesn't.

Join the game, entry level plane, learn how to take off and land.  Fly through hoops.  Shoot a huge big blimp.  Learn to roll left and evade a drone behind you.  Roll right to do the same.  Loop.  Follow the leader.  Be taken through a series of basic ACM drills, hear a speech about how to integrate into the community.  Graduate to the Main Arena.

ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2016, 06:04:02 AM »
That's exactly how games like Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen did it ROC - a set of basic tutorial lessons, with accompanying videos integrated into the playing experience.  HTC would be better served having ALL of the manuals and game instructions in a single, visible place on the home page.  One big button for the game manual, which is updated constantly when new info/controls/etc comes out.  Now, frequently the only place to find that info is in the forum under the News/etc forum, which is problematic as many new players don't know that and don't even GO on the forums, plus anyone banned from the forums but still in the game has NO options to find that information, which is ridiculous in and of itself.  As it stands now, the "how to" etc manuals are in 3 different places, at least.  The information is all on the website, just split in between the trainers page, the forum, and other pull down menus.  Having it all in one constantly updated PDF is how virtually every other game does it, an update comes out, they update the main manual/how to as well. 

Integrate the existing videos on the trainers page into that document or page, and again, have it in a very noticeable and easy to find place.  If you sent a new player out to find commands and features now, it'd take them 15 minutes of hunting around, if not longer, just to find many of them. 

Devil is right that it's more of an MA issue, but without new players coming to the MA, there will never be new players coming to FSO. 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 06:11:43 AM by Gman »

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2016, 09:44:38 AM »
FSO Recruitment thread started in General Forum http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,383952.new.html#new  Please chime in gents!
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!