Author Topic: Fiancé left me....  (Read 5838 times)

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
Re: Fiancé left me....
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2017, 11:14:18 AM »
How are you doing man?

Been better I'll tell you. Not ready to throw myself off a bridge or anything, but past that.... Well toejam, the only girl I've so far cared about enough to want to spend my life with her told me she doesn't give a rats bellybutton anymore.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline Bored123

• Zinc Member
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2017, 11:35:22 AM »
Been there...pretty much tell you right now its the distance. Damn near impossible to keep something together when your far apart on a regular basis, people start to forget the little things, new people come around and piece by piece they lose the "spark" and move on.

I was married 5 years... wife found another guy while i was on deployment to Iraq. I was pissed and tried to find answers at the bottom of a bottle for about 6 years...then i looked back at it and i couldn't even blame her, still think its effed up but...out of a 5 year marriage i was probably gone for 3.5 years. Chin up buttercup...best advice...get out and start socializing with new woman...they will take your mind off of it.

Offline Bored123

• Zinc Member
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2017, 11:38:45 AM »
Oh and like everyone else said....be glad it happend now, divorce is a serious pain in the ass.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2017, 12:09:26 PM »
For what I've learned during the years is the although in theory there might exist a Miss Right, the one and only true match for you, there's plenty of Miss Goodenoughs whom you might want to explore further for the level of compromise. When you find one whose sweat and farts remind you of the scents of the Garden of Eden, she is very likely a perfect match for you.

@Bored123 Your comment about long distance relationship issues seems somewhat strange to me. My parents met on a farm where mom worked as the supervisor of the hen house and pop was an exchange student of agriculture for a year. During that year they got engaged. The next year they corresponded between Finland and Germany, making only one single phone call during that time. Long distance calls were highly expensive those days! They've now been married for 56 years and they still walk hand in hand in the public. And now we have fixed price Internet, free apps for video calls, whatnot... Or maybe that's the problem. You can't cherish a video call like a love letter - out of sight, out of mind...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2017, 12:21:01 PM »
I thank the heavens every day the girl that I fell head over heels for dumped me way back when.....If she hadn't, I wouldn't have met my wife.
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2017, 01:32:31 PM »
Buy a new graphics card its more reliable and useful than a chick :old:

If you cant get a chick buy it :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2017, 03:23:02 PM »
To use a cliche... "been there done that"  :D
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2017, 07:19:11 AM »
Been better I'll tell you. Not ready to throw myself off a bridge or anything, but past that.... Well toejam, the only girl I've so far cared about enough to want to spend my life with her told me she doesn't give a rats bellybutton anymore.

Hang in there man.  I know what you mean, it feels like a complete betrayal.

But just an fyi.....I am married with 3 great kids who all mean EVERYTHING to me.  That would not have happened if the girl in my case had not walked out.  She did me the biggest favour of my life. Lots of similar stories here.  I know it doesn't help now hearing it but it is fact.

You can fire me a PM anytime as well.  Happy to "talk".

Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2017, 03:06:59 PM »
....now get out there and tap some.....,
do it for us old fogeys that cant cos we are married..GOLDEN opportunity to have some fun,like you should when your young,
and when you least expect it, when you are just being yourself, a beautiful lady will think your the one and you might just agree...until then...keep practicing and enjoy the time....
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2017, 04:44:09 PM »
I thank the heavens every day the girl that I fell head over heels for dumped me way back when.....If she hadn't, I wouldn't have met my wife.

^^^^^^^^^^
This.

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2017, 06:10:37 PM »

Many times almost from a time machine perspective Ive looked back and thought wow I wish this or that would have been different why were the lessons so hard, including not being told but finding out the hard way that it wasn't me she was really interested in, but then I realize a year or so later I met this girl at a party sitting across the table, it was love at first sight, we started talking, we started dating, eventually we started talking about more serious things like our future hopes and dreams, and well 41 years later of being married to her the time machine got dismantled, I'm not going back and changing one single thing.

Hang in bud, it gets better every day, I pray some day you find your true girl sitting across the table, shes already there waiting for you. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 06:19:59 PM by Hungry »
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2017, 07:13:05 PM »
Many times almost from a time machine perspective Ive looked back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTQurAEmt64

- oldman

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2017, 07:24:42 AM »

We're in the same club, Bailey! 30 years later.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2017, 11:08:06 AM »
It sucks, yep been there done that. Thing is it's almost ALWAYS a good thing that this happened before you tied the knot, both financially and emotionally. The trick is to start back into a routine and take it one day at a time. The earth still rotates on it's axis and around the sun. Things will get better, just give it some time. After a bit you can start dating again and just take it slow. The right girl is still out there and you only have to find one of them out of the hundreds that would make a decent catch. Don't be in a hurry because you don't want to find out you rushed it and got an even worse choice out of a feeling of desperation. That will make you start to wish you were a single guy again but will then have to start over a lot poorer.

DO NOT try to patch things up with the old flame. That rarely works out. Yeah it looks like things "were great" back then before the break up but they really were not. Just learn from it and move on, slowly. It WILL get better after a while. Just put it behind you and stop looking back.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2017, 01:24:52 PM »
Post her a big poo in a box :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario