Author Topic: Fiancé left me....  (Read 5863 times)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Re: Fiancé left me....
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2017, 03:58:35 PM »
I always say that the worst thing you can do in any given situation is to realize the downside without also realizing the upside. You know what that means, in this case.

There is also, potentially, a character building opportunity here as a collateral upside. I'd honestly evaluate why she left, taking into account everything I know and being unsparing in my assessment of my own behavior.

If it turns out you can pass your own review, then she's just some psycho or there just wasn't fundamental alignment there... and, if that obtains... then you can post her a big poo, I recommend a brown paper bag as the conveyance.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2017, 09:18:36 PM »
If it turns out you can pass your own review, then she's just some psycho or there just wasn't fundamental alignment there... and, if that obtains... then you can post her a big poo, I recommend a brown paper bag as the conveyance.

....eh....people change, situations change, there are two sides to every story.  Doesn't matter a bit, things are as they now are, and you have to move on.

- oldman (now that you mention it, though, I knew a guy who mailed someone a dead squirrel once, but I don't think that was over a broken love affair)

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2017, 10:09:50 PM »
Starting to realize Zack really is the jerk he pretends to be  :old:.

Also something I thought of, I haven't actually been out to meet people since college. Where the hell do adults socialize at?
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2017, 02:20:27 AM »
Also something I thought of, I haven't actually been out to meet people since college. Where the hell do adults socialize at?

After my divorce I was very active in my congregation, there was a pretty girl who seemed to have plans for me. But after having been left by an immature and uncertain 30 years old I didn't want to hang around with an even more unstable 20 y.o...

And then a fried got married and asked if I had an empty seat in my car for another guest. Half a week later we started to date and in less than a year we got married. Funny thing is, the bride had had plans to match me with her best friend, she even arranged us two to sleep in the same room after the wedding party! Well, we had a nice conversation about our current crushes in our beds at opposite sides of the room...

I'm trying to tell that the place doesn't matter. Just go out where there's other people living their everyday life. In places where people dress up to be as attractive as possible your subconscious will easily get erratic information because perfumes hide the pheromones, the real scent of a person. - Ever heard about the sweaty t-shirt experiment?

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2017, 02:41:54 AM »
Starting to realize Zack really is the jerk he pretends to be  :old:.

What do YOU suggests he does wear a dress and cry into his Tofu and Kelp?

It's a cartoon game so your not going to meet Adults :rofl

Are you a colonial by any chance or god forbid French?

I have been triggered by this reply I demand a safe space. :old:

Don't listen to Bizman he is obsessed with old graphics graphics cards and old Crimean boot buckles from European calvery battles :old:

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 02:45:21 AM by zack1234 »
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2017, 03:28:14 AM »
It fades
that's all that needs to be said
It fades Kampfer
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2017, 08:11:55 PM »
Starting to realize Zack really is the jerk he pretends to be 

Who is zack?
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2017, 08:51:09 PM »
Who is zack?

Dunno but he/she/heshe is 783 years old.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2017, 04:58:52 AM »
Who is zack?

A purveyor of pies, mostly steaming... a denouncer of all thing "colonial", the vitriol drips off of the word, sneering quotes mine...

He once likened my avatar, the beloved family crest, to a squashed cat, while outing me as a "dog-fettler". You can usually spot him by his silk cravat and a faint but distinct whiff of bay rum and pipe.

But, be careful. He is rumored to have killed a man/men and has been known to take a turn or two on the wife and boy.

If you approach him, be sure to not mark yourself as a bluuudy soootherner - word to the wise - consider leaving the Freelander at home, since it is a sure giveaway that you spend more time at the mall than off-road. 

That is Zack, and forewarned is forearmed. 
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2017, 06:31:11 AM »

We're in the same club, Bailey! 30 years later.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in this club too! I would not be with my soul mate without a rough patch after being left by the wrong one.

Look at it this way: it took you two years to figure out that she's not the one. That's how I got through a similar ordeal.

Also, look for the beauty in everything, the sky, birds, animals, etc. It will cheer you up. When I did, I started noticing things that I never did before. That was advice from my Dad.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2017, 08:12:35 AM »

Also, look for the beauty in everything, the sky, birds, animals, etc. It will cheer you up. When I did, I started noticing things that I never did before. That was advice from my Dad.

Very good advice.  :salute
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2017, 04:05:15 PM »
Very good advice.  :salute

Damn Bug,I thought you were going to offer to take him out on your boat.....and make him forget about all his troubles... :devil

:salute

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2017, 04:08:00 PM »
A purveyor of pies, mostly steaming... a denouncer of all thing "colonial", the vitriol drips off of the word, sneering quotes mine...

He once likened my avatar, the beloved family crest, to a squashed cat, while outing me as a "dog-fettler". You can usually spot him by his silk cravat and a faint but distinct whiff of bay rum and pipe.

But, be careful. He is rumored to have killed a man/men and has been known to take a turn or two on the wife and boy.

If you approach him, be sure to not mark yourself as a bluuudy soootherner - word to the wise - consider leaving the Freelander at home, since it is a sure giveaway that you spend more time at the mall than off-road. 

That is Zack, and forewarned is forearmed.

:rofl
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2017, 07:30:41 PM »
I thank the heavens every day the girl that I fell head over heels for dumped me way back when.....If she hadn't, I wouldn't have met my wife.

Many times almost from a time machine perspective Ive looked back and thought wow I wish this or that would have been different why were the lessons so hard, including not being told but finding out the hard way that it wasn't me she was really interested in, but then I realize a year or so later I met this girl at a party sitting across the table, it was love at first sight, we started talking, we started dating, eventually we started talking about more serious things like our future hopes and dreams, and well 41 years later of being married to her the time machine got dismantled, I'm not going back and changing one single thing.

Hang in bud, it gets better every day, I pray some day you find your true girl sitting across the table, shes already there waiting for you.
Yeah but imagine how better things would've been if she hadn't dumped you.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2017, 07:45:51 PM »
Yeah but imagine how better things would've been if she hadn't dumped you.

This!

Yeah, she and I didn't work out. No that doesn't mean I'm lucky, it just means I didn't get hurt as bad as I could have.

Maybe someone else can make me happy too, but that doesn't mean we hadn't planned and didn't want things together. Like I said, she named our potential kids. I was even starting to look forward to it a little.

It still sucks no matter how much worse it could have worked out to be.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.