Author Topic: Historical Gameplay :rolleyes:  (Read 3195 times)

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
Historical Gameplay :rolleyes:
« on: October 27, 2001, 10:42:00 AM »
Now there is an oximawroon.  Ok, so I have perused most of this cod forsaken POS form of communication.  All I see is 20 thousand monkeys arguing which one of them has more fleas in their armpits.

In the mean time, the most important section of this contraption is ignored by the erudites  :rolleyes: who reside here.  Yes, I am talking about events and scenarios.  You want to relive history (as best as it can be portrayed in the medium)?  Then scenarios is where is at.

The awenas is nothing but practice for scenarios.  HT and company have designed a supreme game with supporting features that are the top.  It is nothing but a hamsterwheel if all you baboons care about is the MA.  

Now, I see some of yas dont know humor even if it were dressed as a two bit hoe and stroking your nads.  So, maybe you will, may be you wont see the hamster wheel reference for what is meant.  My english is definatly not as good as some of ya MD's in here.  However, I can find people who can explain it to ya.

Up until now you half developed hamsters have had a run with the assylum.  However, there are some people coming over that can immensely help us all have more fun.  It is not a take-over.  They are going to try and use the tools, HT and company have created, to recreate the battles of WWII.  They will need your help and your support.

I hope the current event teams is openminded and helpfull.  I know there will be a tendency to the "us vs them" crap.  Lets not become such dimwits.  After all, we were all monkeys, hamsters and are still dweebs.  Yes, I know some of ya "Aces" are not dweebs anymore.  That is your shortcoming not ours   :p

In closing let me reiterate.  Arguing about wether your fav plane goes 2mph slower than what the test speed is, wont make the game any more interesting.  However,  flying with a group trying to accomplish a mission that may or may not be the key to the final endgame, will make you really appreciate what HTC has accomplished.  It will also help you understand (well some of your skullz may not be yet penetrable by diamond blades), what people like Earl "Dutch" Miller did for this country a long time ago.

That is another thing.  I dont know if Earl will come over.  However, if ya see him up or read his writings in here, ya better respect lest ya wanna become elephant toe jam.

Asta la vista.

Cya up.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2001, 10:59:00 AM »
I don't know much about history, but I like the idea of a free hand job with every joke.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2001, 11:08:00 AM »
All say "Aye!"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2001, 11:27:00 AM »
WWII ..... geez ..... don't stop there!

(EG) You think I was bad over there?

Originally posted by Rotorian:
 They are going to try and use the tools, HT and company have created, to recreate the battles of WWII.

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2001, 11:33:00 AM »
Originally posted by Arlo:
WWII ..... geez ..... don't stop there!

(EG) You think I was bad over there?

Ok gentlemen (and I use the term loosely), allow me to intruduce Mr. Spanish Civil War.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2001, 11:35:00 AM »
:rolleyes:

Become a part of the community first.  Don't assume your forced arrival makes it automatic.

I'm sorry they shut down Air Warrior.  I'm sorry you now have to settle on this game.  I'm sorry you think that you can hop over to a community you chose not to be a part of and think nothing is any different from whence you came.

AKDejaVu

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2001, 11:36:00 AM »
Originally posted by Fatty:
I don't know much about history, but I like the idea of a free hand job with every joke.

You got the hand part, now go work on the joke part.  :)

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2001, 11:50:00 AM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu:

Become a part of the community first.  Don't assume your forced arrival makes it automatic.

Ok, edumacate me.  What does it take to become part of the community?  Forced Arrival?  I think I am here by choice.  Least last I checked HT didnt tell me to pay them 14.95.

[QBI'm sorry they shut down Air Warrior.[/QB]

Dont be, it was a mercifull killing.  It had been dying a slow agonizing death.

:I'm sorry you now have to settle on this game.

You are ass-uming a lot of things.  As to your "settle" remark, you are not giving HTC enough credit.

:I'm sorry you think that you can hop over to a community you chose not to be a part of and think nothing is any different from whence you came.

AKDejaVu

At what point and time did you look into my life and learnt all I decide to do or not to do?  I am new here yes, does that mean you do not want people to point out some basic things which are no different from anywhere else?  Help me, I am asking.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2001, 11:51:00 AM »
First .... try posting to someone by name.

Second, don't assume so much yerself. There's a whole community, already formed and stuff, already somewhat familiar with AH and stuff, already here ... that you never knew existed in the first place.

Third, I'm afraid some of them have already had a little fun on the boards at your expense. Maybe some will apologize, chances are many won't .... but they will know, right off the bat, who here takes themselves a whole lot more seriously than they should  and make a little check next their nicks for future reference.  :D

I'm sorry they shut down Air Warrior.  I'm sorry you now have to settle on this game.  I'm sorry you think that you can hop over to a community you chose not to be a part of and think nothing is any different from whence you came.

AKDejaVu

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2001, 12:05:00 PM »
rotorian, why dont you take that thesaurus out of your bellybutton and speak common tongue like the rest of us?  :)

Offline Wingnut_0

• Copper Member
      • http://www.Luftjagerkorps.com
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2001, 12:08:00 PM »
Deja, I hate to say this but I'm liking you and wulfie a bit more after reading thru this mornings garbage.   :)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2001, 12:24:00 PM »
Guys, I hate to bust this news on ya, but Air Warrior was early nineties technology at a yard sale price (which it shoulda been). HT and pyro created warbirds long ago, which was a much superior product. Most of the serious simmers went there, while the "air warriors kept paying their 50 cents a month for their gig. HT and Pyro have since created this game, which is, of course, light years ahead of what just closed its doors over at gamestorm. Lets face it, the influx of all these airwarriors in last month or two is beacause they saw the oppurtunity to save what? 10 or 15 bucks a month?
And you guys are supposed to be serious simmers? er ok.

Warbirds S3's have been widely known as the best WWII scenarios going, what makes ya think *airwarrior* had so much going on?

Get in line and shut your yap roto-rooter.  ;)

(I'm no longer a CM, so these are all my opinions, noone elses)

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2001, 12:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by hazed-:
rotorian, why dont you take that thesaurus out of your bellybutton and speak common tongue like the rest of us?   :)

Is thesaurus a nice guy?

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2001, 12:29:00 PM »
Originally posted by hblair:
And you guys are supposed to be serious simmers? er ok.

Now THERE is an intelligent deduction.  So, you now pay 10 bucks less too?  I guess your seriusness just dropped too.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2001, 12:32:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rotorian:

Ok, edumacate me. What does it take to become part of the community? Forced Arrival? I think I am here by choice. Least last I checked HT didnt tell me to pay them 14.95.

yah, forced cosmo. Where were you two weeks ago? lemme guess, being the town 'tard at gamestorm?

[ 10-27-2001: Message edited by: hblair ]