Author Topic: collision model  (Read 21876 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: collision model
« Reply #180 on: August 07, 2017, 01:15:43 PM »
Blah blah..such little creativity.

How about an exception to the current collision model in the case of Fighter hitting bomber, where a 2 sided collision would always result. this would close the abuse hole in an otherwise favorable situation.  :salute

You keep suggesting an 'exception' can be coded into the front end model. Impress me with your own 'creativity' and tell us how you think that can be accomplished?

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #181 on: August 07, 2017, 01:18:34 PM »
Blah blah..such little creativity.

How about an exception to the current collision model in the case of Fighter hitting bomber, where a 2 sided collision would always result. this would close the abuse hole in an otherwise favorable situation.  :salute

Again: Nope. (see my last response) And trust me, you would not want a model where your plane explodes midair because another player decides to ram you. You could see  the plane 100 yards away and then Boom,
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #182 on: August 07, 2017, 01:33:53 PM »
... any other collision model means that...

There are only the two you mention? Think again....
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #183 on: August 07, 2017, 01:35:31 PM »
Again: Nope. (see my last response) And trust me, you would not want a model where your plane explodes midair because another player decides to ram you. You could see  the plane 100 yards away and then Boom,

But you're ok with that for tracers!  Because the gunnery model is exactly the opposite of the collision model.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #184 on: August 07, 2017, 01:35:47 PM »
There are only the two you mention? Think again....

Stop being coy. Provide the answer you think nobody else in the thread is capable of suggesting (or that we are 'avoiding', somehow).  :D

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #185 on: August 07, 2017, 01:39:59 PM »
You keep suggesting an 'exception' can be coded into the front end model. Impress me with your own 'creativity' and tell us how you think that can be accomplished?

with a simple IF Then Else loop.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #186 on: August 07, 2017, 01:40:34 PM »
Again, because HTC knows this. So this wasn't for them.  :salute

I wouldn't post an exploit. My concern is who will benefit from watching it and what they will do with the information.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #187 on: August 07, 2017, 01:41:06 PM »
Stop being coy. Provide the answer you think nobody else in the thread is capable of suggesting (or that we are 'avoiding', somehow).  :D

I did. re-read I think you missed it.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #188 on: August 07, 2017, 01:41:29 PM »
with a simple IF Then Else loop.  :salute

Not that simple. If -what- then -what-?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #189 on: August 07, 2017, 01:42:01 PM »
you can knock 3 buffs out the sky without firing a shot.
In the video he dosn't even do what he claimed, the bomber flew on and was not taken out.

I don't believe vinkmans claim that he can consistently take down bombers with collisions. Can it be done on ocasion? Absolutely. Simply trying to kill your self by colliding with a bomber in that manner is very difficult. Let alone having to guess the distance ahead of the bomber need for him to collide.

HiTech

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #190 on: August 07, 2017, 01:42:19 PM »
But you're ok with that for tracers!  Because the gunnery model is exactly the opposite of the collision model.  :salute
Yes and that is because it would be a bit hard to kill anyone if you had to guess where he really is and fire at that empty space of air.

The situation in the film is also easily avoided by the bomber pilot, all he has to do is maneuver a bit and you will miss.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #191 on: August 07, 2017, 01:45:03 PM »
I wouldn't post an exploit. My concern is who will benefit from watching it and what they will do with the information.

OK I see your point but at some points the exploits are known and have to be discussed so there can be change. Maybe you don't think we are at that point yet. I confess to not knowing. It seemed appropriate based on the way the OP was getting hammered for suggesting the current model might not be perfect.

But I will consider your point in future situations.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #192 on: August 07, 2017, 01:48:39 PM »
In the video he dosn't even do what he claimed, the bomber flew on and was not taken out.

I don't believe vinkmans claim that he can consistently take down bombers with collisions. Can it be done on ocasion? Absolutely. Simply trying to kill your self by colliding with a bomber in that manner is very difficult. Let alone having to guess the distance ahead of the bomber need for him to collide.

HiTech

I simply wanted to show that on my first pass I could bump the guy. If I do anymore experiments, I will send them to you directly per FLS suggestion.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #193 on: August 07, 2017, 01:52:46 PM »
Challenge: you kill 3 bombers by colliding with them and you have to fly away after. Then post the video here and tell us how many time you had to try and how many time you died.

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #194 on: August 07, 2017, 02:03:42 PM »
The fact that vink could do it once, with methodology means it can be done over and over as long as you stick to the strict method.

I am confident that vink could take out all 3 if he chose to.