Author Topic: collision model  (Read 21834 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: collision model
« Reply #240 on: August 08, 2017, 12:32:11 PM »
Let's wait for HiTech to give it some thought. I think he can help limit this, without throwing away current model.  He just needed to know it wasn't as hard as people thought.

or he may decide it doesn't happen that often and just let this thread die.  :salute

I still think it is a non issue. And your trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

You have shown that you could not constantly do it. Plus the fact it really is  would not be the first choice as a method of attack.

I have no plans to change anything.

HiTech
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 12:35:02 PM by hitech »

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #241 on: August 08, 2017, 12:53:29 PM »
It's not air combat. It's an internet game exploit. There is no easy fix that doesn't cause new problems. The current solution is still the best one. It's up to the players to make good choices.

They are not going to pay any attention to your post, FLS.... even after posting that they would send stuff like this to hitech, etc....and not post it publicly

Nothing new about being able to do what  Vinkman has posted videos on.... Regardless if a person can do it 20% of the time upwards of 80+ % of the time. It is still the same!

It is using a known issue to exploit game play! and yes most all long time players have been aware of this since the year 2000....

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #242 on: August 08, 2017, 01:02:24 PM »
I still think it is a non issue. And your trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

You have shown that you could not constantly do it. Plus the fact it really is  would not be the first choice as a method of attack.

I have no plans to change anything.

HiTech

:salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #243 on: August 08, 2017, 01:03:52 PM »
They are not going to pay any attention to your post, FLS....

Vinkman understands my point. I'm going to wait while he gives it some thought.   :D

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #244 on: August 08, 2017, 01:04:28 PM »
This thread was usefull as an example for exposing exploitable natures of the game. A community collaboration as well.

The message boards is not supposed to be used to post about, show, discuss or collaboration with the community about potential game exploits

Matters of possible game exploits are supposed to be sent directly to Hitech and/or HTC  through email and private messaging

surprising how so many ignore the stickied thread at the top of every forum....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #245 on: August 08, 2017, 01:06:06 PM »
The message boards is not supposed to be used to post about, show, discuss or collaboration with the community about potential game exploits

Matters of possible game exploits are supposed to be sent directly to Hitech and/or HTC  through email and private messaging

surprising how so many ignore the stickied thread at the top of every forum....

My guess is that people have done that enough and that is why these threads exist.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #246 on: August 08, 2017, 01:16:05 PM »
My guess is that I'll just add AAlK to my ignore list, after all the stirring the pot, I've watched you do since you first showed up on the message boards

Cheers

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #247 on: August 08, 2017, 01:17:04 PM »
My guess is that people have done that enough and that is why these threads exist.
And your guess would be wrong.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #248 on: August 08, 2017, 01:20:37 PM »
My guess is that I'll just add AAlK to my ignore list, after all the stirring the pot, I've watched you do since you first showed up on the message boards

Cheers

He's new, he'll learn faster if we're nice to him.   :old:

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #249 on: August 08, 2017, 01:24:20 PM »
He's new, he'll learn faster if we're nice to him.   :old:

Thanks FLS, don't worry about it though.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #250 on: August 09, 2017, 08:15:12 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:35:33 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #251 on: August 09, 2017, 10:28:09 AM »
I kinda expected a whack with a ruler, there. But I also imagine Skuzzy or HT printing it for framing in the office.  :D

(Skulks away with ashamed look.)

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #252 on: August 15, 2017, 08:25:01 AM »
As this is the wishlist, I wish addition of the following...

Achievement: "Vinkman" - 25 points
In one sortie, make three bombers of the same formation collide with your plane, without your plane colliding with the bombers.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #253 on: August 15, 2017, 11:38:16 AM »
As this is the wishlist, I wish addition of the following...

Achievement: "Vinkman" - 25 points
In one sortie, make three bombers of the same formation collide with your plane, without your plane colliding with the bombers.

No, lets not reward gamey activity.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #254 on: August 15, 2017, 11:46:36 AM »
I think it was a joke, and a dig at me Zoney   :salute
Who is John Galt?