Author Topic: Let's post Steam Reviews!  (Read 8690 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Let's post Steam Reviews!
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2017, 02:51:28 PM »
He took a dump on a game he's spent 1/4 of his life playing. LOL what a guy

He has had some History with Hitech and too some of his friends who used to play AH with him. Should let this go and simply remember Krup the man who made the right decision. He showed character. :salute
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2017, 03:02:00 PM »
If you all are planning on reviewing the game, I just ask that you do it honestly. Don't make it sound like a paid advertisement on late night TV. Be to-the-point, and honest from your point of view, and maybe focus on what you (hopefully) love about the game.

To me when I read a game review on steam, those have a larger impact on my perception of the game than those that sound like they're gushing praise and exaggerating the game, if you know what I mean?

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 03:03:02 PM »
When I get home I'm going to post a review. But seriously, some people play the game for 5 minutes and go "IT SUCKS." Wow. Is this what our internet generation has become?

Greetings.  Welcome to the internet.

You may find during your stay here that not everybody is logical, nice, helpful, or sane.  You will see people do things that make no sense.  You will see people do things that may be directly harmful to themselves or their viewpoint.  You will see people do things just because they can.

The fact people are surprised by what we've seen thus far today really highlights how sheltered this community is.

The only thing that has surprised me so far today was Krup changing his review.

If you all are planning on reviewing the game, I just ask that you do it honestly. Don't make it sound like a paid advertisement on late night TV. Be to-the-point, and honest from your point of view, and maybe focus on what you (hopefully) love about the game.

To me when I read a game review on steam, those have a larger impact on my perception of the game than those that sound like they're gushing praise and exaggerating the game, if you know what I mean?

The above is excellent advice.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2017, 04:52:53 PM »
I love the game but if I were to write a review  it would contain a lot of comments most of you would consider very negative.  Remember others will almost always have different views and they are not wrong, just different.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2017, 04:57:48 PM »
I love the game but if I were to write a review  it would contain a lot of comments most of you would consider very negative.  Remember others will almost always have different views and they are not wrong, just different.

Your review would then be.

1 Thumbs up.

2 Start with I love the game and why,
Followed by things I don't like about the game.

That's how honest reviews are supposed to be. But as you post here ,if you would do a thumbs down, when you just stated you love the game would that make sense?

HiTech

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2017, 04:59:24 PM »
or just keep your review brief, like 4 words... :devil
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 05:31:48 PM »
Dolby always was a paranoid and despicable human being. Good to see things have not changed over the past couple years.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline SJ001

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 06:45:18 PM »
I'd love a steam key for this game, show my friends that I'm playing, not sure this is possible, I know iRacing does this, shows I'm playing even though I'm using non-steam version, but I'm down for giving a good review.

I don't understand bad reviews on first day, dang give it a good try first! :D

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2017, 08:05:58 PM »
How does one give a review in Steam?  I've been able to read them, but I'm not seeing any area for me to actually post one.  Do I have to download the steam version and have a second installation that I'll never use just to post a review?  :(
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 08:13:21 PM »
How does one give a review in Steam?  I've been able to read them, but I'm not seeing any area for me to actually post one.  Do I have to download the steam version and have a second installation that I'll never use just to post a review?  :(

Do you have a Steam account?  If you have a Steam account you can do a review or reply to a review.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2017, 08:51:28 PM »
I have an account and can reply to reviews, as well as post in the forums...  I cannot see where I can actually post a review.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2017, 08:52:35 PM »
You have to "play" the game through steam for a few minutes.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2017, 08:54:54 PM »
I don't use steam but:

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PROMOTE ALL THE SUPER BADARSE SPECIAL EVENTS THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS!!!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:58:37 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline SJ001

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2017, 08:55:45 PM »
It should be for a few hours, but yes, you have to "play"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2017, 09:01:28 PM »
I have an account and can reply to reviews, as well as post in the forums...  I cannot see where I can actually post a review.

It's on the store page under the Play button.