Author Topic: Let's post Steam Reviews!  (Read 8697 times)

Offline Fishh

• Zinc Member
Let's post Steam Reviews!
« on: August 23, 2017, 11:49:56 AM »
S! all,

If you have steam, download Aces High and run it in the background for 5 minutes.  After 5 minutes, you can close than the game (and delete it if you use the off steam version) and will be able to post a review.  I already saw 2 poorly constructed negative reviews.  I just posted a positive one but we need more!

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: Let's post Steam Reviews!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 11:59:50 AM »
getting it, thanks for the heads up!  :aok
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 12:17:09 PM »
I don't have Steam and don't plan to.  Realize we are not going to get all great reviews.  The ones that post negatively probably don't have the patience to learn.  Some will want to be Maj. Bong immediately and as we know that ain't gonna happen.  If they wish a challenge this is the game for them.  If the challenge of "getting good" is in them they will post positively.  Playing AH for all of ten minutes and letting them post a review is ridiculous to say the least.  Most of us know it takes a great deal of time to learn if you've never played an air to air combat sim.  I hope they know we aren't going to fly in a straight line at 200mph and let them unload their ammo.

We need to help those that have questions.  We need to help them with the nuances of combat flying.  This game takes more then any other flight sim to learn and at least be competent.  There is no other flight sim with this flight model this accurate and authentic with more participants in one place anywhere.  The key is in the numbers who play our game.  Other sims have a limited amount of participants.  We put more in the air here with a wider variety of aircraft then any other sim. Others may prefer to go through the whole nine yards to take off and manage the plane in the air.  But again the number is limited.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Fishh

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 12:22:58 PM »
Understood and agree to an extent Hajo.  However, I believe the first step is to make the game enticing for those new player to download the game and make those early mistakes we have all made and then seek out assistance.  If the reviews are skewed (4 out of 5 negative at time of posting) the players will not come and there will be nobody to assist.  I saw you earlier helping a new player, well done, that is awesome work!  All existing players need to step it up by bringing and/or helping new players enter the fold.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 12:24:30 PM »
Also try and help out players posting questions to the Steam site if you have an account.  I've been trying to answer questions and give an accurate idea of the game without sugar coating some things, such as difficulty.

I think if we can show we have an active and supportive community it will help attract players as well.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 12:33:27 PM »
I don't have Steam and don't plan to.  Realize we are not going to get all great reviews.  The ones that post negatively probably don't have the patience to learn.  Some will want to be Maj. Bong immediately and as we know that ain't gonna happen.  If they wish a challenge this is the game for them.  If the challenge of "getting good" is in them they will post positively.  Playing AH for all of ten minutes and letting them post a review is ridiculous to say the least.  Most of us know it takes a great deal of time to learn if you've never played an air to air combat sim.  I hope they know we aren't going to fly in a straight line at 200mph and let them unload their ammo.

We need to help those that have questions.  We need to help them with the nuances of combat flying.  This game takes more then any other flight sim to learn and at least be competent.  There is no other flight sim with this flight model this accurate and authentic with more participants in one place anywhere.  The key is in the numbers who play our game.  Other sims have a limited amount of participants.  We put more in the air here with a wider variety of aircraft then any other sim. Others may prefer to go through the whole nine yards to take off and manage the plane in the air.  But again the number is limited.

This would be true, if it weren't for long-time players making the reviews. Krupinski and Dolby to be specific, among a couple others now.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 12:42:11 PM »
This would be true, if it weren't for long-time players making the reviews. Krupinski and Dolby to be specific, among a couple others now.

More reason to get some guys in there posting something useful.. rather than whining guys crying about getting banned.

Dolby is a sweetheartbag.. he acted like it in game, and im sure he does it in others.  I was surprised to see crap like that from krup though.  Hopefully the first name mentioned above is banned from the gameplay aspect of AH as well.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 01:12:45 PM »
When I get home I'm going to post a review. But seriously, some people play the game for 5 minutes and go "IT SUCKS." Wow. Is this what our internet generation has become?
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 01:32:12 PM »
Where did Krup hate on the game? The only thing I saw from him was a solid review vs other similar games like War Thunder?
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 01:37:51 PM »
Where did Krup hate on the game? The only thing I saw from him was a solid review vs other similar games like War Thunder?

He took the 1st one down, and put up a new one.

HiTech

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 01:53:14 PM »
I need to get on there and post my review.

I need the world to know my opinion of Aces High -- that it is THE MOST AWESOME GAME IN THE UNIVERSE!  :rock

Offline tuba515

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 01:56:23 PM »
  Some will want to be Maj. Bong immediately and as we know that ain't gonna happen.

Ummmmm that name is already taken   :neener:     :salute    49bong

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 02:39:49 PM »

He took a dump on a game he's spent 1/4 of his life playing. LOL what a guy
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2017, 02:46:56 PM »
to his credit, he went back and fixed it shortly after.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 02:50:33 PM »
Also, perhaps the BBS could have a "All Things Steam" page like was done for the War Birds that came over in mass years ago.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes