Author Topic: Let's post Steam Reviews!  (Read 8694 times)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
Re: Let's post Steam Reviews!
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2017, 10:16:20 AM »
better than that, you're celebrity!
Yessssss!
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2017, 10:17:23 AM »
Well, I got killed by Grimmz in PUBG once.  What do I get?

Wiley.

I love that game. Message me your steam profile. Let's play!  I'm pretty good :)
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2017, 01:01:29 PM »
and of course Dolby is saying that he was blackmailed into changing his review. I too agree with the person that said he spent 1/4 of his life playing this game and then took a dump on it. does not make much sense.

to his credit, he went back and fixed it shortly after.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2017, 01:28:47 PM »
Well, I got killed by Grimmz in PUBG once.  What do I get?

Wiley.

no idea who that guy is :D

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2017, 01:39:22 PM »
and of course Dolby is saying that he was blackmailed into changing his review. I too agree with the person that said he spent 1/4 of his life playing this game and then took a dump on it. does not make much sense.

Thats the attitude you usually get from some little twit that has gaming top priority over everything else in life.

Its kind of sad actually.  Everything is everyone elses fault.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2017, 02:02:47 PM »
no idea who that guy is :D

*sniffle* Guess I'm still just a scrub then.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2017, 03:02:17 PM »
I'll put up a review when I get a chance.  It will be positive, but honest as well as to the game's strengths and weaknesses.

Getting the wrong people to try the game will do no good.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2017, 03:04:26 PM »
I'll put up a review when I get a chance.  It will be positive, but honest as well as to the game's strengths and weaknesses.

Getting the wrong people to try the game will do no good.

Sigh, and here I wish you would simply say Aces High is the coolest things since purple underwear.  :D

HiTech

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2017, 03:08:59 PM »
Sigh, and here I wish you would simply say Aces High is the coolest things since purple underwear.  :D

HiTech
I will make it positive, and I will do my best to sell the challenges as a good thing, because they are.

The market dominance of garbage like Warthunder is very vexing.  Mouse driven, chase plane viewpoint crap.

Aces High is much better than casual games like that when the person who is playing it is up for it.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2017, 03:42:27 PM »
^^Completely agree Karnak.

The complaint I've seen in the negative "reviews" that I find even close to legit, is the complaints about the interface.  I say that I don't find them completely valid because I feel there actually IS nothing wrong with it, it's just that it is complex, much more so than a "Warthunder" or what have you.  The complexity of the interface and controls is what gives them so much power, but I realize that after 20 years of using them, it may seem simple pie to a lot of us vets, yet may be very daunting to new players.  This is the one "focus issue" I feel that we should be addressing in our "vet reviews" on Steam - make it very clear that the controls and interface are incredibly accurate, customizable, and powerful, yet do take some work to learn. 

A very KISS video (I think one exists already on YT) and/or links to the help pages regarding how to get the controls set up for both KB/Mouse/Joystick, may be a critical factor in keeping a higher fraction of the thousands that are trying the game out.

Karnak, you hit on a point there I think, when the controls and interface are so simple a caveman can do it, I believe this is a big, big factor on retaining new customers.  What AH3 requires IMO, is just enough time, a number of hours or a couple days, for players to stick it out and begin to figure out the controls/etc, and once they begin to climb that learning curve, they begin to see what's possible, and how configurable that part of the game is, and then just how much more there is to challenge oneself - then the hook is  sunk IMO.

Congrats so far HTC, very happy to see some early payoff so far for all time and effort you've put into not just getting the game on Steam, but since AH3's release, and the rapid fixes and continued improvements.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 03:45:46 PM by Gman »

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2017, 04:05:57 PM »

HiTech

I have purple underwear.  Aces High is way cooler.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2017, 04:08:27 PM »
The complaint I've seen in the negative "reviews" that I find even close to legit, is the complaints about the interface.  I say that I don't find them completely valid because I feel there actually IS nothing wrong with it, it's just that it is complex, much more so than a "Warthunder" or what have you.  The complexity of the interface and controls is what gives them so much power, but I realize that after 20 years of using them, it may seem simple pie to a lot of us vets, yet may be very daunting to new players.  This is the one "focus issue" I feel that we should be addressing in our "vet reviews" on Steam - make it very clear that the controls and interface are incredibly accurate, customizable, and powerful, yet do take some work to learn.
Agreed.

Gman, consider what trying to fly the first time would be with a mouse, or VR with mouse only. I.E. PITA with VR for first time users. Currently I believe the video walk threw when complete may help a fair amount.

HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2017, 04:09:23 PM »
I have purple underwear.  Aces High is way cooler.

Then they need more holes, more draft that way to take away the heat.

HiTech

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2017, 06:07:38 AM »
Purple underwear are not cool.
I am totally hot in them  :old:
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2017, 08:46:59 AM »
Purple underwear are not cool.
I am totally hot in them  :old:
:aok