Author Topic: Manned ack should count as a kill?  (Read 8716 times)

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
Re: Manned ack should count as a kill?
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2017, 03:45:06 AM »
Then how would you categorize the death as?  Fighter? Bomber? Vehicle?

I believe there is already a manned gun category if you look at your score in game, it could be added there without any impact on your rankings for the other categories.  I still hope for a support category for supplying and base captures, it could possibly be tied into that, including allowing dedicated manned gunners to collect a score there.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2017, 06:15:23 AM »
I would think those skilled in man guns would just tower when they see a plane dive like those that tower GVs before the bomb hits.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2017, 06:27:12 AM »
I would think those skilled in man guns would just tower when they see a plane dive like those that tower GVs before the bomb hits.

I guarantee it
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2017, 09:08:06 AM »
Someone who always used hyperbole and thought of it as persuasive language might think that hyperbole required more exaggeration. They would be wrong. Totally   ;)

Hope this helps. :cheers:

:headscratch:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2017, 01:05:48 PM »
You guys should be more charitable to paying customers who want to use manned guns. I have an updated version of my gunnery practice terrain with BBs on it I haven't uploaded to the HOST yet for players to get and use offline. It has a large naval gunnery practice part. Most of the time you don't get hit by the 88 in a fighter and most players can't hit anything with a 37mm out side of 1000. Why, there has never been any real way to practice against fighters under realistic conditions. I've noticed fighter pilots in the game loose their cookies over ack, manned or auto, like they are being cheated by the game even if it happens only once a tour or once a year. Fly too close to ack, eventually the odds will get you shot.

It's setup to let you practice some of the following:

1. - 88mm out to 7k against drones, out to 4miles against static tanks.
2. - 17lb out to 4miles against static tanks.
3. - 37mm setup to practice against drones 800-4000yds.
4. - 88mm setup to practice against drones 800-4000yds.
5. - Wirble\osti\M16 against drones 800yds and out.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2017, 06:41:31 PM »
There are 8.1K ship/field gun kills already this tour. Doesn't seem to be too challenging.

Offline Nosara

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2017, 07:48:15 PM »
The 88 is a fun challenge. Always a hoot when a fighter vapourizes.
 :aok

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2017, 08:44:38 PM »
Can this be done?  Anyone ever killed a manned ack with a pistol?

Many times............I enjoy it most when someone is in it and make sure they see me before I start blasting.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2017, 11:24:23 AM »
You guys should be more charitable to paying customers who want to use manned guns. I have an updated version of my gunnery practice terrain with BBs on it I haven't uploaded to the HOST yet for players to get and use offline. It has a large naval gunnery practice part. Most of the time you don't get hit by the 88 in a fighter and most players can't hit anything with a 37mm out side of 1000. Why, there has never been any real way to practice against fighters under realistic conditions. I've noticed fighter pilots in the game loose their cookies over ack, manned or auto, like they are being cheated by the game even if it happens only once a tour or once a year. Fly too close to ack, eventually the odds will get you shot.

It's setup to let you practice some of the following:

1. - 88mm out to 7k against drones, out to 4miles against static tanks.
2. - 17lb out to 4miles against static tanks.
3. - 37mm setup to practice against drones 800-4000yds.
4. - 88mm setup to practice against drones 800-4000yds.
5. - Wirble\osti\M16 against drones 800yds and out.

(Image removed from quote.)

I dont think we arent being charitable by asking it to count as a death and possibly.. and possibly some reward for the attacker killing them while manned... above the "points" we currently get.

For me its not about me or them dieing.. it just obviously is the first choice of players for a base defense.  I guess to me its about making gameplay more appealing to folks.. sort of like the m3 supply situation.

You get rewarded to hide in the cracks and avoid player to player contact.  Therefore making the gameboard look dead.. and people logging out to find action elsewhere.

Im not trying to take these options away from people.. im trying to limit their effectiveness, and get some people back in tanks and planes fighting. You know.. the things you see on a map.. directing you where to go for action... action that creates subscribers.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2017, 12:37:22 PM »
What we need in a way is a safe zone to allow for maneuvering speed to be achieved.  Ack is the most sensible way to do that.

"Still the worst words in the game,  "The vulch light is lite."

So many want more air to air.  Vulching is the worst way to boost air-air.

The OP is a super player.  He optimizes air to air combat by seeking out hard fights best I can tell.  Because I know he is sincere in his post I have an idea that might work.

Lets say if a manned gun gets hit the player gets a kill as the OP requested.  To make this work, we need a bit more deadly manned guns and the down times for the gun is say five-ten minutes fixed.  Maybe some duel and quad 37mm and quad 50s for close field protection.  Make the 88s unmanned or maybe half of each.  The idea is to reduce the size of the protection dome around a field but increase its voracity to planes.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2017, 01:14:45 PM »
Average players NOT like Lazerr and YUCCA have a game session play cycle I've observed for a decade now. Call it mental fatigue and it's stages. Players start out in planes or tanks raring to go at it. To various degrees based on their current skill abilities and expectations cultivated from those. On the very best nights they get lucky to be in a group initiative that's moving and doing things helping them win by their standards. Other nights, they have a tolerance for getting thowered too many times and things go down hill from there. The average player is not self motivated and needs external input to help keep an up feeling about playing. Without it, mental fatigue sets in starting an enthusiasm downward spiral.

In the end they often spend their last bit of time during their session in a field gun or in a gun on a task group plinking at red guys. It requires very little effort and the reward from it is immense to their ego. I've sat in a gun and listened to them chat away about it while popping some well known name and congratulations go all around. I remember some colorful ch200 responses by the kinds of players who start these posts to get rid of or castrate manned ack. Manned ack is a tiny community getting it's $14.95 worth while getting even for a bad night in the arena. And then they log out but, they keep coming back.

If you start from yourself as the premise of what's good and right for AH game play, you will drive the average customer away. There are more of them than Lazerr and YUCCA personality types, and they need these things to have at least that for an occasional reward. You should listen to players crow when they pop you and YUCCA and a small list of your high end ACM brethren. It's like they just shot down some ace of aces or talented greifer in the game everyone just loves to get even with.

Most of the action in this game happens at bases, so all of the toys to shoot someone are combined at those locations. And everyone knows they are. This wish can't accomplish making people stop popping you with a manned gun without punishing them in some public manner. That is not what the majority is paying Hitech to happen to them for taking pot shots with manned guns. And removing them completely, or piling social justice restrictions on them, he will loose customers because he will be removing their last possible ability to get even with the game monsters who can kill them in seconds.

Most players do not strive to become game monsters in the games they play. I've observed the game monsters take umbrage at anything that gives the normals an equalizer to their monsterness no matter how infrequent they get nailed by it. You always give the normals something so they don't spend all their time as food for the monsters who don't care about the problems of being a normal. Or keeping the normals paying the server bills by throwing them an equalizer.

And like Waystin tells all the green guys whining about ack getting in the way of their fun. Kill all the ack and stop whining. Then he kills all the ack.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2017, 01:38:36 PM »
Seem no one things about what happens when you kill the guns when no one there. Why would a gun manned by AI score differently then a gun manned by a player? Or an unmanned gun.

HiTech

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2017, 01:41:41 PM »
I think that the average player would get some satisfaction from earning a kill on someone that is a rockstar in manned guns.  Probably just as rewarding and satisfying for the guy risking his plane in the  ack, and his trip back to the fight will be longer than the guy that jumps to the next gun or wirb.

Not sure I understand the reason manned guns are treated different than other manned objects? 

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2017, 01:49:01 PM »
Seem no one things about what happens when you kill the guns when no one there. Why would a gun manned by AI score differently then a gun manned by a player? Or an unmanned gun.

HiTech

Maybe have three different destoyed messages worth different points?  And tie gunner stats into Ground stats.

You have desroted an AI gun
You have destoyed a gun battery
You have desroyed a gun battery (manned)

Just throwing ideas out.  By biggest gripe is a bravely risk my cartoon life to capture a base... and the guys in guns dont risk anything.

At least the guys running supplies risk something..  while i still believe that should be nerfed to encourage defense that invovles some type of combat.. be it gv.. plane from base... or a base back.

Even more so when supply trucks make it back to the game.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 01:53:15 PM by Lazerr »

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2017, 01:55:45 PM »
I see your point buster.. we arent taking away the gunners ability to shoot us down.. but more so to have some accountability for when i pop them with a rocket from 10k.   :D

Heck add more guns if you want..  they arent the issue.  The way they function is what bothers folks the most I think.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 01:57:22 PM by Lazerr »