Author Topic: How are the numbers now?  (Read 20215 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
Re: How are the numbers now?
« Reply #180 on: September 20, 2017, 10:26:05 PM »
Says the grown-up player: Thank you, thank you, thank you. This game has provided more than I imagined possible. Thank you for supporting it still (when you could have just retired and walked away). It's obvious it's your passion. Your commitment to US is obvious. Thank you. The game is still here as is the community. It's all our credit, yours more than anyone.

:salute I feel very fortunate to have found this game.  I am having way too much fun.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #181 on: September 21, 2017, 09:55:27 PM »

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2017, 07:11:00 PM »
Go invest a few million, build your own game, run your own test and you too can have the answers.

HiTech

Harsh.  :headscratch:

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2017, 11:42:03 PM »
Remember this HQ raids?!   my best fun in this game , i enjoyed attacking and defending HQ, it used to happen almost every evening , huge fights 3-4 sectors darbar, was fun ,actually the closest action to real WW2 bombing raids in MA format,( who's got time for Special Events arena tight schedule)  ; now are history; Since HQ is a worthless dot of the map , i lost 50% of the appetite for this game.  This is what made memories ;
  I noticed one of the new steam guys last week asking; hey i finally set up my joystick, now what?!   i wouldn't know what to tell him, its not the same game;  i wonder what the new guys find fun? getting picked at the end of the runway by vets maniacs generated by game rewarding setting obsessed with kills stacking?

« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:43:56 PM by ghi »

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #184 on: September 23, 2017, 05:03:29 AM »
Remember this HQ raids?!   my best fun in this game , i enjoyed attacking and defending HQ, it used to happen almost every evening , huge fights 3-4 sectors darbar, was fun ,actually the closest action to real WW2 bombing raids in MA format,( who's got time for Special Events arena tight schedule)  ; now are history;

Yeah, it's been a different atmosphere this time around. I loved putting up these kinds of raids, just so we could provoke this kind of fight across the map regardless of whether or not we achieved our target.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Marco

• Copper Member
« Reply #185 on: September 23, 2017, 09:07:48 AM »
Yeah, it's been a different atmosphere this time around. I loved putting up these kinds of raids, just so we could provoke this kind of fight across the map regardless of whether or not we achieved our target.

My fondest memories in AH2 are of running up several B17's and P51's for some long range destruction ops with Wax.

If we were intercepted, it made for some good high alt dogfights. :joystick:

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #186 on: September 23, 2017, 09:10:20 AM »
I think that the game has gotten away from the "history" portion. It is now more a "game" than ever. The majority of the players no longer are looking to emulate some WWII hero, or fight some WWII battle, they are grinding out a bunch of base captures to win the war and get those perkies!.

The 56th had a bunch on last night so ran a few missions. Jabos in P47s of course  :D It was fun, target assignments turns called out, the BS on the radio that always seems to cause trouble  :P We took two ports and the CVs assigned to them. Not only was it more nostalgic and reminiscent of the "Ol' Days" it was fun, and boy did we stir up a fight!

The action is still there, players have to take the reigns and lead. Show these "new guys" what they are missing.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #187 on: September 23, 2017, 10:08:51 AM »

The 56th had a bunch on last night so ran a few missions. Jabos in P47s of course  :D It was fun, target assignments turns called out, the BS on the radio that always seems to cause trouble  :P We took two ports and the CVs assigned to them. Not only was it more nostalgic and reminiscent of the "Ol' Days" it was fun, and boy did we stir up a fight!

This is what the Pigs have been doing more than anything lately and it rarely fails to stir up a nasty fight.  Oh and some great sorties and situations to make fun of squaddies over.  :D
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Saito

• Copper Member
« Reply #188 on: September 23, 2017, 10:16:34 AM »
Good battle last night  :aok
  JG52 "Experten" - Main Arena XO