Author Topic: How are the numbers now?  (Read 21580 times)

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: How are the numbers now?
« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2017, 06:18:46 AM »
he knows what his subscribing customers want/desire and what ideas don't work

The players that are posting those ideas are the subscribed customers, and it's what we would like to see  and not only me but plenty others posting on bbs.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2017, 07:03:12 AM »
The players that are posting those ideas are the subscribed customers, and it's what we would like to see  and not only me but plenty others posting on bbs.

You do realize that less than a 1/4 of the subscribing customers actually read and post to these AH message boards and this small 1/4 are and have always been very vocal about what they think will be a good idea or change

You are now included in with all the others that have posted repeatedly non stop about what you think HTC should do for whatever end result that "You" are hoping for....

There is nothing new under the sun

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #167 on: September 20, 2017, 07:20:37 AM »
To be honest ..you only need 2 or 3 guys to fight at one time..its not the same as a jam packed furball for sure.. but attack a base..deack town..i play in off hours and more often than not we have some epic action
Be the red dar bar you want to see..others will see it and come..make the action
:aok
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline Lyme

• Zinc Member
« Reply #168 on: September 20, 2017, 09:14:21 AM »
No offense nugetx,

How ever way you think your last post above about trying new things because of new players (subscribed) is telling of your true lack of knowledge about this particular type of mmo genre of WWII Air Combat and land/sea battles

HiTech as you should already know has been in the WWII air combat mmog business for over 30+ years and has seen every idea posted most tested and he knows what his subscribing customers want/desire and what ideas don't work

As for giving moral boost to this game's community, Hitech and HTC have never stopped giving moral boost since he opened Aces High for open beta in mid/late 1999

Cheers

TC

Edit: I wonder how many people would subscribe if they had the preference/option to open a small window for their Facebook and/or another small window for twitter or Instagram

People these days are addicted to Social media like a drug addict to heroine...everyone you see has some type of device in hand or on their computer and constantly on Social media, 24/7 even while they are working and playing games...heh
[/b]

I want the NHC or tropical tidbits :)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2017, 10:39:03 AM »

We've gotten to the 'we' stage where interest is inflated by the 'idea' poster.

5-6 people jumping on a bandwagon does not exemplify overwhelming support by the player community to make goofy changes.  :D

Support the Spanish Civil War.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2017, 11:07:41 AM »
This is how this should have gone...

Wishlist post:

Dear HiTech, please make this game more like WWIIOL that's a failed model and has a horrible community of closed minded players that treat new/free accounts like cannon fodder and amazinhunks while they pretend to be armchair generals.

HiTech responds:

No we won't be doing that here

End of Discussion

Rehashing the same effing thing you've been told NO to a thousand times in every single post across this message board is getting ridiculous.

In fact, you're actually making me want to leave this community with your constant insistence on ruining every post with your drivel.  Take a hint, it's not going to happen and move on.  Either play the game that you're supposedly subscribed to, or go elsewhere that has the play style you're looking for.  But for the love of god, give it a friggen rest!
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2017, 11:25:06 AM »
he knows what his subscribing customers want/desire and what ideas don't work

Go back and read the quote again.  "he knows what his subscribing customers want/desire and what ideas don't work"

That's the part you are missing.  He knows what ideas don't work

The things you are suggesting either don't work, or They are not what this game is about!
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #172 on: September 20, 2017, 11:27:14 AM »
Wil3er, don't blame the whole AH community for one bad ape. Add him to your ignore list and relaxe.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #173 on: September 20, 2017, 12:03:56 PM »
Wil3er, don't blame the whole AH community for one bad ape. Add him to your ignore list and relaxe.

Not blaming the whole community, but he hijacks post after post with this crap ideas... and even if I ignore him, others still respond so there's the aftermath of his trolling (which is the only thing I can see it being at this point).  But he's going on the ignore list, just hoping we can get the community as a whole to do it, then he can try and hijack whatever post he wants.   :salute

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #174 on: September 20, 2017, 12:09:47 PM »
Wil3er, don't blame the whole AH community for one bad ape.

:rofl :aok Poor Nuget. I'm pretty sure he shaves his whole body. Bit harsh Fugitive.  :old:

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #175 on: September 20, 2017, 03:59:39 PM »
:rofl :aok Poor Nuget. I'm pretty sure he shaves his whole body. Bit harsh Fugitive.  :old:

I dont think so, he has already proven he isnt here to discuss things, just spout off the same things over and over again. I've read it so often I could type it out here with out looking any of it up.

If someone tells me he has changed his tune I may check it out, but I'm done re reading hid posts.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #176 on: September 20, 2017, 05:09:36 PM »
In the O'Club is a post about the game PUBG. If you read through it and go to the PUBG web site and look around, you will see some of the essence of what drives these requests that Hitech flush the game as is. Then create something out of the 21st century action, graphics and emotional expectations reality.

If you google "Worlds Adrift", the 24x7 full scale world that tracks all changes in a "World Scale Arena" persistently is being worked on. They keep pushing back their release date while making their SDK available instead. In some ways it would be AH5 or 6 where you design, then build your own fighters and bombers along with any changes you make along the way. Nuget would about 60 by that time... :O  Many of the things nuget and others like him want in AH won't work because Hitech's world is too big to keep track of all the changes to it's objects. Instead the focus is seat of your pants break things with the available toys as the first person pilot or driver. The more gratuitous the eye candy, the fewer than 32 players who can be in an arena the size of ours at one time.

With all the eyecandy and flashy graphics, the competitors cannot put as many players in their smaller arenas than our game can in it's at the same time. Even at 100 players during our USA daytime. I'm never sure if people like nuget and the others even understand this limitation that Hitech trades off and balances so that our arenas can host up to 1000 players if it ever comes to that. The technology does not exist at this time to do it the way they keep yelling at Hitech that it should, if he would just remake his game to their fantasies.

Keep watching Worlds Adrift and the SpatialOS technology to see if they ever get their 24x7 persistent "World Scale Arena" functioning. It appears they will still make the SDK available when that happens. I bet at 60 nuget's grand kids will be yelling at Hitech's grand kid about programming his full dive game the way they want to see it without knowing how the technology limits the outcomes.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #177 on: September 20, 2017, 06:24:22 PM »
So just as not to be a complete dick... there are some things I've thrown out there that have been shot down but I still think would be fun and neat.  Jeeps with recoiless rifles, and supply convoys like the old truck/train convoys that supplied towns to supply CV's so that if they're too far from port or hidden, it takes longer for them to resupply.  Both were shot down and I moved on.  That doesn't mean I still don't think they'd be epic editions to the game, I'm just not an ultra melon and don't spam the boards hijacking posts complaining about how no one listens to my ideas.   :salute

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #178 on: September 20, 2017, 07:01:20 PM »
I find it depressing they don't start with questions that help them understand why one game can support eyecandy and glitz at the expense of limiting the size of the arena and numbers who can play in it at the same time. Most of them have no clue what the limitations are to any other game they play, nor care about the limitations and how Hitech solves for those limitations with his trade offs in this game. Then they argue with him like he has millions of dollars to burn through just because they have a keyboard and can keep haranguing him with it because they think he's holding out on them. And it never seems to work when he asks them if they have ever programmed a computer game let alone several. They just do the usual internet so what, what have you done for me lately, it's the 21st century dont-cha-know.......

Hitech is one strong dude to put up with that insanity year after year. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #179 on: September 20, 2017, 07:09:48 PM »
Says the immature, selfish player: Gimme gimme gimme more ... more more .... for your sake .... for everyone else's sake .... look at me playing at 'community' .... to get what I want .... today ..... it will never be enough .... tomorrow. It's all your fault.

Says the grown-up player: Thank you, thank you, thank you. This game has provided more than I imagined possible. Thank you for supporting it still (when you could have just retired and walked away). It's obvious it's your passion. Your commitment to US is obvious. Thank you. The game is still here as is the community. It's all our credit, yours more than anyone.