Author Topic: How are the numbers now?  (Read 20211 times)

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
Re: How are the numbers now?
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2017, 03:01:13 AM »
10 to fight ..go get em in your spit1
They will up think your easy and be surprised when you beat em down..rinse repeat..till you want to up another bird..enjoy
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2017, 03:35:43 AM »
Monday evening, sorry not sure of the time, max I saw in melee/ma was right at 180
"I have really only one simple rule,
Give more to the game than you take away."
Zoney  December 23, 2009  ahbbs
--------------------------------------------------
<Salute> Pipz    September 27, 2017   RIP

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2017, 04:31:47 AM »
To be honest ..you only need 2 or 3 guys to fight at one time..its not the same as a jam packed furball for sure.. but attack a base..deack town..i play in off hours and more often than not we have some epic action
Be the red dar bar you want to see..others will see it and come..make the action

I really think JimmyC is right on the money here.  It doesn't help the game if you logoff.  Go create a fight somewhere.  A lone P-40E deacking a base almost always gets a response, I find.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2017, 04:52:14 AM »
10 to fight ..go get em in your spit1
They will up think your easy and be surprised when you beat em down..rinse repeat..till you want to up another bird..enjoy

If I can find them

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2017, 05:11:49 AM »
Late night tonight knits were roll bases spoiling for a fight and nothing. 11 pm est 93 players and dropping. I was always a firm believer of the " start taking their bases " camp , but from what I see that doesn't do it any more.  That's why I believe something has to change to keep people's interest, if it's a few free planes in the MA that helps boost numbers and keep the paying players , playing, its  a start.

In my mind  its kinda like a bar scene.... the place that give the girls a few free drinks and have 20 of them inside , will have 60 cover paying dudes gladly hand over their cash compared to a place that doesn't.

Maybe there is a downside to this I haven't thought of, so please point it out. But in my non game owner mind , what would it hurt to try over an fso by week?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 05:13:44 AM by 38ruk »

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2017, 05:16:42 AM »
Late night tonight knits were roll bases spoiling for a fight and nothing. 11 pm est 93 players and dropping. I was always a firm believer of the " start taking their bases " camp , but from what I see that doesn't do it any more.  That's why I believe something has to change to keep people's interest, if it's a few free planes in the MA that helps boost numbers and keep the paying players , playing, its  a start.

In my mind  its kinda like a bar scene.... the place that give the girls a few free drinks and have 20 of them inside , will have 60 cover paying dudes gladly hand over their cash compared to a place that doesn't.

Maybe there is a downside to this I haven't thought of, so please point it out. But in my non game owner mind , what would it hurt to try over an fso by week?

I like this man  :salute

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2017, 06:28:49 AM »
Late night tonight knits were roll bases spoiling for a fight and nothing. 11 pm est 93 players and dropping. I was always a firm believer of the " start taking their bases " camp , but from what I see that doesn't do it any more.  That's why I believe something has to change to keep people's interest [...]

I found last night to be very eerie on the knight side. Not only just because of  having relatively little action here & there... but because of the silence. Silence on country channel, a lot of silence on range vox even when half a dozen people around going to a hostile base.

And that's what struck me the most in the past four weeks I've been here: The lack of communication. The lack of enthusiasm. Not my personal one, I've been here for 12 years and 'seen it all', so it's all too natural my personal enthusiasm has waned.
No, on a global scale. Public missions stopped a long time ago (and we all know how important these were to get new players hooked!). It's like a bunch of old guys doing 'their stuff' with only greeting an old acquaintance every once in a while. Little 'joining up' beyond the small remnants of what used to be large squads, little chatter on the channels, no fuss about the strategy my country should employ. Once I was gone for 15 minutes with ~30 players on my side. When I came back, I did not find a single new line of text on my country channel.

Now I have been a 'lone wolf' all the time, but once I was an exception. I have the feeling today's arena is full of lone wolves (just look at all those squadless players on the roster), or some very tight small squads/groups of player.

I have the feeling the game is getting old, literally. How do you hook new players in a lukewarm environment, even when they get their (technical) questions answered on the Help Channel?.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2017, 07:30:41 AM »
Knights is the equivalent of Iceland... Nothing happens there :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2017, 07:49:32 AM »
I found last night to be very eerie on the knight side. Not only just because of  having relatively little action here & there... but because of the silence. Silence on country channel, a lot of silence on range vox even when half a dozen people around going to a hostile base.

And that's what struck me the most in the past four weeks I've been here: The lack of communication. The lack of enthusiasm. Not my personal one, I've been here for 12 years and 'seen it all', so it's all too natural my personal enthusiasm has waned.
No, on a global scale. Public missions stopped a long time ago (and we all know how important these were to get new players hooked!). It's like a bunch of old guys doing 'their stuff' with only greeting an old acquaintance every once in a while. Little 'joining up' beyond the small remnants of what used to be large squads, little chatter on the channels, no fuss about the strategy my country should employ. Once I was gone for 15 minutes with ~30 players on my side. When I came back, I did not find a single new line of text on my country channel.

Now I have been a 'lone wolf' all the time, but once I was an exception. I have the feeling today's arena is full of lone wolves (just look at all those squadless players on the roster), or some very tight small squads/groups of player.

I have the feeling the game is getting old, literally. How do you hook new players in a lukewarm environment, even when they get their (technical) questions answered on the Help Channel?.

I would agree with you. The tenor, or the atmosphere of this game has changed. I find there is little patience for a realistic organized group effort in this version, especially in my niche of heavy bombing.

By the way, it's been a treat trading bullets with you again, Lusche.  :D :salute

Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2017, 08:49:26 AM »
I found last night to be very eerie on the knight side.

Have you tried the other sides?  The Bish seem very organized.  Rooks aren't always very organized, but have plenty of aimless enthusiasm.   :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2017, 08:52:11 AM »
3 sides work with 200-500 people logged at same time.

3 sides do not work with below 100 people logged on.

Why are you here? Seriously.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2017, 09:19:58 AM »
Why are you here?

"And tell me where I can find James...T.....Kirk."  :rofl
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2017, 09:40:16 AM »
I really think JimmyC is right on the money here.  It doesn't help the game if you logoff.  Go create a fight somewhere.  A lone P-40E deacking a base almost always gets a response, I find.

Yes.  A response which generally results in a series of attempted ack drags.  Whee.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2017, 09:43:55 AM »
Seems like nobody from Houston, Florida, or Puerto Rico is flying.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2017, 09:48:39 AM »
Yes.  A response which generally results in a series of attempted ack drags.  Whee.

Wiley.

A whine has been recorded. The game .... is. Logging off apparently is 'the answer' ..... for some. For me, I log (on or off) because of life's demands or lack of. Time to whine on the AHBBS is time I can best spend elsewhere. Faux macho teardrops never impressed me.  :ahand