Author Topic: VOX issues  (Read 1305 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
VOX issues
« on: October 16, 2017, 09:52:12 AM »
Seeing a lot of Range VOX transmits with no voice received, sometimes from a player that I just heard.

Is this just me, or are others having the same problem?
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: VOX issues
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 11:26:35 AM »
I noticed that last night.  I could see that they were keying the mic and heard the beep, but no voice.
Happened to quite a few people.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 12:50:15 PM »
I see it happen pretty regularly.  Tuned channel as well as range.  People I just heard I see their name, but no sound.  Doesn't even sound like a dead line, just silence.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 01:27:34 PM »
Same with me,I reported this some time ago. Seems if more than 1 person uses vox at same time it just gets worse.

:salute

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 06:51:48 PM »
yep me too..
for quite a while

Possible HDMI?? 2 soundcards??
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 01:17:24 AM »
Also, the mic settings seem to randomly reset to a lower level. That wouldn't explain a total silence, though.

Wrong sound card selected would explain the silence. If so, it's not necessarily a game issue. Even a video card update may change the default sound device. If the game uses Windows defaults, such a change will affect the game, too.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 01:37:43 AM »
Also, the mic settings seem to randomly reset to a lower level. That wouldn't explain a total silence, though.

Wrong sound card selected would explain the silence. If so, it's not necessarily a game issue. Even a video card update may change the default sound device. If the game uses Windows defaults, such a change will affect the game, too.

If we can hear the key-tone, should be able to hear the voice as well. 
I'm thinking everyone did not change their audio settings at the same time.  I hope.  lol

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 03:28:19 AM »
YEp, same with me! I do hear myself over VOX, when someone else keys in (probably lag). Seen several occasions of sending "Check Sixes" and then hearing gripes about no checks! I also find that "voice settings" get reduced at times. Usually just a lowering of boost setting. I play in VR, so figured it was just how using the "Auto Swap Mode" may impact settings! I have every thing I dont need, de-activated, as far as sound settings go(Thanks for the tips Bizman)! We are not alone, in this! :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 07:50:10 AM »
If we can hear the key-tone, should be able to hear the voice as well. ---

As I understand it, the key-tone just indicates the tangent key has been pushed, the beep comes from your own computer and can be disabled.

One option might be to check the "Play voices in sequence" box, that might help if there's many simultaneous speakers.

As for the audio settings changing at the same time, however odd it seems it can be possible. Windows updates still launch on the second Tuesday of a month, most people get them automatically. Not to mention that Windows10 wants to install drivers as well. The majority of PC users have everything on default settings which means many things happen without their input. That is true among AH'ers, too. The people studying these forums are a minority.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 02:33:42 PM »
Bizman, I think you're missing a key point.  Sounds are working fine.  Radio is working fine.  People talking back and forth, hearing them.  Then at more or less random times, I'll see someone who was literally saying something ten seconds before attempt to say something, some people on channel will hear them, some won't.

It's really odd.  I will look into sequential play, I can't remember if I had that on or off.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 02:45:02 PM »
As I tried to say in my first post, there's things that don't match. The rest was more about eliminating settings related issues. These threads tend to wander on side tracks and those who know me say that I'm good at digressing.

Kotisivuni

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 03:12:18 PM »
Bizman, I think you're missing a key point.  Sounds are working fine.  Radio is working fine.  People talking back and forth, hearing them.  Then at more or less random times, I'll see someone who was literally saying something ten seconds before attempt to say something, some people on channel will hear them, some won't.

It's really odd.  I will look into sequential play, I can't remember if I had that on or off.

Wiley.

This...
Its so regular now that I have a .. `Sorry, saw you key up,could not hear you, please repeat` response that just rolls off my tongue.
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2017, 03:26:01 PM »

This...
Its so regular now that I have a .. `Sorry, saw you key up,could not hear you, please repeat` response that just rolls off my tongue.
YUP :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2017, 03:46:21 PM »

This...

Same here...

Coogan
Game Id's:

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2018, 11:25:52 AM »
Still seeing a player transmit but not hearing voice.  Often from a player that I heard seconds earlier.  (I have "play in order" checked.)
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?