Author Topic: ENY is Killing AH  (Read 14831 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: ENY is Killing AH
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2017, 06:49:52 PM »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
ENY is Killing AH
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2017, 07:32:53 PM »
But if an auto kick function for inactivity was put in how would cybro defend the knight bases all along the bish front?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline John Galt

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2017, 09:21:41 PM »
I didn't know eny really made a difference, when all you do is camp spawn hangars.
VDub

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2017, 12:02:51 AM »
Have you ever tried to capture a field with FM2's against just a few La-7's/Spit 16's?

Actually, this sort of thing is kind of fun.

- oldman (I mean, in a challenging sort of way...)

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2017, 01:13:54 AM »
Need to pork? Fly a Mossie or TBM. Need to go fast? Fly a PonyB. Need to turn? Fly a Spit9. Need to climb? Fly a 109G2. Need to bomb? Fly a Ju 88. Stop whining.
I protest you mentioning the mosquito and the TBM as equal alternatives.  :old:

What is missing from that list is the forgotten plane of AH - the best unused fighter.
La5FN
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2017, 01:44:30 AM »
I protest you mentioning the mosquito and the TBM as equal alternatives.  :old:

Quite right. It takes a sophisticated radio tuner, made out of wood, to tune into BBC Radio 4  :old:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline +Kilroy+

• Zinc Member
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2017, 01:54:57 AM »
quit your moaning and groaning and fly different planes or Switch sides
Is that all we are capable of? Devolving the situation into my problem with ENY, or my problem with perks and theoretically how you would solve the issue with so much less whining. Well, since this is a forum where matters are discussed and participation is purely voluntary, you open this thread, read what you will and contribute - or not. You know, if it seems like you are seeing too much whining it might be time to realize that forum sniping has become too difficult for you. Might be time to switch to watching nyan cat videos. Blaming the other guy for this leap in maturity implies you are myopic.

Meanwhile the game sinks to abysmal lows - two weeks ago I was the only Bish in flight for about 30-40 minutes and it was a very odd feeling. I am particularly aware that many believe themselves to be an expert on the subject, while in reality I see so few of them on during that early morning time period when numbers dwindle. They write with authority on a subject of which they've gathered little experience.

How many of you commenting, have participated on a consistent basis, in an arena that has fewer than 30 people? I have been playing the early a.m. US time slot for years. My 17 year old son was in a stroller when I started and I can say, with authority, that I have never seen numbers this low. It may be all action and fighty by the time you get on, but if this trend continues, the time will come when the MA will go empty - and you all talk tactics and P47d40's like it is the only thing that matters! It is as if you are standing on the deck of the Titanic, arguing over whether the massive chunk of ice qualified as an iceberg, or has to be relegated to some other arcane term for floating ice.

It is time for rash action. It is time to break the glass on the fire axes, time to light the Bat Signal, time to scramble the bombers and go to DEFCON 1. We've already tried some crazy stuff; nerfing the M3, adding/removing 200, Steam, etc. Does anyone remember seeing this in the chat buffer? "HiTech: we will never go Steam." Never is a long time.
 We've been doing the ENY hop for decades, thanks for the idea of using a 109F, but these ideas are not populating the MA.

It needs to be made funner. High ENY/low numbers is a grind, for me, for noobs, for anyone I have experience with. I don't see the opposite condition bringing the Rooks in, I don't see how the Knights feel and it is indeed possible that this situation I want to change is the ONLY thing keeping Knights in. So we change it, Knights say, "this sucks I am playing Minecraft" and the game dies. Is it better to do nothing and just watch it happen anyway?

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2017, 02:15:20 AM »
Killroy, you mix stuff up and make no sense. The AH player population size is one thing, ENY locks is another. The former only really causes issues when the numbers are extremely low - this means that the vast majority of players are unaffected by this.

AH never had a sizeable population in east Asia prime time. If you suggest that that small fraction became even smaller because of ENY issues, then maybe there is something to discuss. The overall effect on the game and the rest of the player population is nil. If there is some critical issue with AH it is not ENY.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2017, 02:26:57 AM »
I would argue ENY is the ONLY thing off hours keeping the Bish in check.   Otherwise the map will be won in no time at all and arena resets REALLY do trigger whoever was still logged in to go to bed. 

For years Bish have used the excuse of getting double teamed in prime time a legitimate reason for their OTT horde mentality when the arena is quiet to grab/extend whatever war situation they have.  Some Bish players even SWITCH sides to tactically Bomb strats to further the Bish advance.  :rolleyes:  At some point we all have to hold hands and sit around in one happy circle and agree that we need equal teams and equal numbered fights.   How else can you achieve that without a number balancing mechanism such as ENY! 

They still get their fair share of fields with 29 ENY.  The mossie, la5, brewsters, 109g2-F4S, early t34, all do well.  If ENY is 20 or so throw in M4 rockets, tu2s / b24s, Ki84s, spit 9's.  All excellent tools to get the job done.  Whilst the ENY values could also do with some tweaks here and there you have no complaint really.   What your asking for is the team with more players than BOTH the other sides put together to have ALL weapons available to them which is crazy. 

Sometimes it does have consequences because with a larger % of the map you force the other teams to get THEIR land back and then people start logging in on rook/nit and both attack Bish.   Hence the paranoia/superiority complex of "you never hit the other teams etc".   It is mildly amusing when the Rooks are having a go at some Knight fields when Bish have 20+% of their fields.  People will go wherever they feel is nearest/easiest.   

« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 02:31:28 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2017, 07:05:44 AM »
It is obvious that the ENY system isnt "punishing" players enough for being on the side with the greatest numbers. So what must be done is killing the chess piece loyalty, for ex by assigning a player to the side with the lowest number when he log in.

But ENY isn't really the problem, the problem is that the player base has imploded, there are almost no European players left in the game and those who are plays pretty much only on weekends when the numbers are a bit higher. I also left because of this, there is simply no longer worth paying $15/month to play online since there isnt anyone to fight anymore. The game is great but it doesnt help if there isnt any players. The inflow of new players are so low that when they show up they are immediately seen as spies/shades etc...
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2017, 10:23:42 AM »
ENY is killing the game when i cant up 163 to kill strat raiders!  :rolleyes: :D :neener:

so up a 152 or a tempest or a typhoon, you don't have to have a rocket or jets to kill bombers-heck I have been at 25K and got chased down by P47-m's.
it may be killing your game because you can't shoot down bombers with a 163 but not being able to take up a certain plane is not killing the game.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 10:25:34 AM by lunatic1 »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2017, 10:30:42 AM »
Kilroy, you may not have noticed this before, but this is a discussion board.  If folks don't agree with you they will express those contrary opinions.  It does not mean they don't like you, there is a difference of opinion.  In the future if you wish to express your ideas just to HiTech and do not wish to discuss it with other players, you might just want to try a simple PM to HiTech.

There is one fact that cannot be ignored.  You fly on the side that always has the numbers, and you have the ability to change that simply by changing counties.

With the numbers advantage you enjoy, I'm sure you and your squad can overcome then ENY limitation by working together with ENY planes that are constantly available and continue to roll the map, win the war, and being happy with that.

uhhh I DON'T like Kilroy :D
JK
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2017, 10:34:13 AM »
Well it has just become a country thing, besides serving to kill off new recruits. They definitely don't want to have to go through the Bish learning curve, the lesson would be "how to excel when even God is against you." Right now in game Bish has a total of 29 online, 9 in flight. The ENY is 11.9. Knights have 32 on, 14 in flight and ENY is 7.3. Rooks have 14 on with 4 in flight.

So now it is coming to light that the ENY curve is indeed skewed against one country, the country that is uniquely identified as being the winningest and even with that objective, ENY FAILS. Knights have more players, more in flight, more fields and lower ENY, explain that.
 While we are on the subject, I would also like my tank rounds un-nerfed, thanks. I pay the same amount as all the lame yucks do that can only hope to get a shot off at me in here, as opposed to the MA. Yes I noticed that 4 HVAP in the radiator did not kill an M4.

(Image removed from quote.)

these look like weekday early morning numbers-and you bish still have more numbers as usual.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2017, 10:35:17 AM »
Is that all we are capable of? Devolving the situation into my problem with ENY, or my problem with perks and theoretically how you would solve the issue with so much less whining. Well, since this is a forum where matters are discussed and participation is purely voluntary, you open this thread, read what you will and contribute - or not. You know, if it seems like you are seeing too much whining it might be time to realize that forum sniping has become too difficult for you. Might be time to switch to watching nyan cat videos. Blaming the other guy for this leap in maturity implies you are myopic.

Meanwhile the game sinks to abysmal lows - two weeks ago I was the only Bish in flight for about 30-40 minutes and it was a very odd feeling. I am particularly aware that many believe themselves to be an expert on the subject, while in reality I see so few of them on during that early morning time period when numbers dwindle. They write with authority on a subject of which they've gathered little experience.

How many of you commenting, have participated on a consistent basis, in an arena that has fewer than 30 people? I have been playing the early a.m. US time slot for years. My 17 year old son was in a stroller when I started and I can say, with authority, that I have never seen numbers this low. It may be all action and fighty by the time you get on, but if this trend continues, the time will come when the MA will go empty - and you all talk tactics and P47d40's like it is the only thing that matters! It is as if you are standing on the deck of the Titanic, arguing over whether the massive chunk of ice qualified as an iceberg, or has to be relegated to some other arcane term for floating ice.

It is time for rash action. It is time to break the glass on the fire axes, time to light the Bat Signal, time to scramble the bombers and go to DEFCON 1. We've already tried some crazy stuff; nerfing the M3, adding/removing 200, Steam, etc. Does anyone remember seeing this in the chat buffer? "HiTech: we will never go Steam." Never is a long time.
 We've been doing the ENY hop for decades, thanks for the idea of using a 109F, but these ideas are not populating the MA.

It needs to be made funner. High ENY/low numbers is a grind, for me, for noobs, for anyone I have experience with. I don't see the opposite condition bringing the Rooks in, I don't see how the Knights feel and it is indeed possible that this situation I want to change is the ONLY thing keeping Knights in. So we change it, Knights say, "this sucks I am playing Minecraft" and the game dies. Is it better to do nothing and just watch it happen anyway?

ENY is a personal problem to you during the low number times. We get it, you dont like being restricted by ENY. Removing ENY on the other hand isnt going to bring the numbers up.

What is needed is an influx of players and right now what HTC is doing doesnt seem to be working well. I hope they try something else because I really hate seeing the numbers drop, and I only get to fly when the numbers are at their peak. I'd be gone if I only got to fly early US time.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2017, 10:36:29 AM »
I agree. (Most of) v97th is rook this tour. Working on the reluctant ones to bring the full crew over. The game would be better overall if one side didn't win nearly all the time.

in my opinion if a squad leader tells his squaddies to change sides they should all change sides or dump them.