Author Topic: Ways of reading skill  (Read 23476 times)

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
Re: Ways of reading skill
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2017, 09:40:24 AM »
Well you’re going to have to educate me then. I obviously have no clue what the 47M is capable of. I clearly never fly Jugs and am not any kind of authority on the subject at all.

....from the jug man who regularly kicks my butt when he's flying a jug.....    :bolt:

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2017, 11:18:36 AM »
I obviously have no clue what the 47M is capable of. I clearly never fly Jugs and am not any kind of authority on the subject at all.

Yeah, me neither.

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2017, 11:47:16 AM »
Well you’re going to have to educate me then.

Here, learn on this. When you say you automatically think someone who flys a late-war monster like (Yak, Pony, Spixteen, LA) has no skill/marginal skill, it's kinda funny to me because you yourself fly a late-war monster in the P-47M all the time. If you don't think the P-47M is uber like the others, maybe you should spend some time in the others to familiarize yourself with them. I think you'll find they're not so different.

Also, would you say Fess is 'marginal'? I know he flys a P-51D alot.

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2017, 01:03:13 PM »
Actually lilmak does fly other models (god help me I’m defending lilmak lol). We had a great fight the other night on furball island. Lilmak was in a d11 and I was in a 202. One of the best fights I have had in a long while. No HOs, no running, nothing cheap. I wish it would have went to the end but a countryman picked lilmak in a cannon bird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2017, 01:18:05 PM »
 By “others“  I mean the other late war uber rides

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2017, 03:41:43 PM »
What Combat trim exploit?

He whose name must not be mentioned believed he could gain more alt in the zoom:-

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,357126.0.html

Trimming vs holding stick in AH outputs exactly the same results.

I think the gist of it was that nose-high CT on tried to pull the plane into a gentle loop and countering that with slight forward pressure cost more drag.

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2017, 03:58:21 PM »
Here, learn on this. When you say you automatically think someone who flys a late-war monster like (Yak, Pony, Spixteen, LA) has no skill/marginal skill, it's kinda funny to me because you yourself fly a late-war monster in the P-47M all the time. If you don't think the P-47M is uber like the others, maybe you should spend some time in the others to familiarize yourself with them. I think you'll find they're not so different.

I know I would OWN any Jug in an LA/Spit/Yak and the 51 can run at will. Fess isn’t your typical 51 pilot. He will do other than pick.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2017, 06:01:26 PM »
The P47M is a great plane, but I wouldn't put it in the "elite" category. It's very weak in the defense down low n slow. Very difficult for the P47 to accelerate quickly. It's not a good plane for base defense. It's a big plane, and can't easily escape if it gets lower than the fight. I'd much rather see P47Ms flying around than 190Ds, which typically get 2000 more kills a month than the P47M with the same K/D.  The P51 is a better plane all around. The thing that makes American planes a little more challenging is the patience of getting alt and maintaining E, and the 50 cals that don't down planes very quickly. In 1v1s there are many better planes. All the 5 eny planes besides a Temp could beat it in a 1v1 pretty easily.  Id say it really does take a person who knows what they are doing to fly a P47 well. Many get picked  and ganged pretty quickly. So I wouldn't call it an elite plane by any means. Just a solid plane overall for the MA if you know what you are doing. 
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2017, 06:31:49 PM »
I disagree. I would put the Jug M right in with them. It’s surviveability and lethality are close enough to being on par and the differences are negligible. Not speaking for everyone but I, personally, find the  Jug M just as easy to kill and stay alive in as a Pony. Maybe not as surviveable, but definitely more lethal. Again, the difference is negligible. IMO

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2017, 07:47:20 PM »
All planes can be easy if you fly them a certain way...some planes easier then others...the Brewster in my eyes is almost as easy as the Spit 16 but most would disagree. Yak 3 and LA7 are very close in how easy they are. P47 is very close to the P51...but both of them are harder then the F4Us
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2017, 07:59:20 PM »
He whose name must not be mentioned believed he could gain more alt in the zoom:-

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,357126.0.html

I think the gist of it was that nose-high CT on tried to pull the plane into a gentle loop and countering that with slight forward pressure cost more drag.
And that assumption is incorrect.

HiTech

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2017, 01:41:55 AM »
And that assumption is incorrect.

After your question I quickly tried to do an experiment but I could find no retention advantage in either mode. I apologise for propagating unverified claims from what turn out to be disreputable sources.  :cheers:

All planes can be easy if you fly them a certain way...

Well said. I guess people's definition of fighting varies a lot. If you keep a P-47M relatively (to everything else) high and fast then it's a beast, but if you get co-e and start manoeuvring it's generally disadvantaged. If I see an opponent doing then that's a good tell the player has some skill. Some move that big old bird pretty admirably.

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2017, 07:27:49 AM »

Burn.  :ahand

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2017, 07:29:26 AM »
I know I would OWN any Jug in an LA/Spit/Yak and the 51 can run at will. Fess isn’t your typical 51 pilot. He will do other than pick.

This comment is typical of anyone who dies to a Mustang.  The presumption contained within is not accurate.

(Fess is excellent, not disputing that.)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:34:04 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2017, 08:35:55 AM »
This comment is typical of anyone who dies to a Mustang.  The presumption contained within is not accurate.

(Fess is excellent, not disputing that.)
no any pony that decides to fight, notice the FIGHT word, not the come in with three other ponies and dive at 500 mph until you loose e retiton and then run back to the base.  join Fess one night when he is on and watch him throw that thing around, it will remind of you of what youre exwife use to do to you, and the best part.....no 6 yo allowed