Author Topic: Just a whine, Bishops and Rooks need not read, but Knights take heed.  (Read 4242 times)

Offline Bushmills

• Copper Member
Re: Just a whine, Bishops and Rooks need not read, but Knights take heed.
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2017, 01:28:07 PM »
A harrowing tale, this guy went out to bomb an inanimate object, and ended up in a fight with another player, and to top it all off he died and not the other guy :angry: makes my blood boil  :angry:

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2017, 04:37:43 PM »
How is your RL flying going?

Oy.  PIC interrupted for two years.  There's a thread on it in the O Club, back at the beginning of October.

- oldman

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2017, 09:16:07 PM »
Ah, sorry oldman.

Oy.  PIC interrupted for two years.  There's a thread on it in the O Club, back at the beginning of October.

- oldman
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2017, 10:11:29 PM »
i maintain that AH is a microcosm of our world. people only care for themselves. wrong, dirty, underhanded has become normalized and when you point out the wrong and dirty, youre the bad guy because its now normal to be dirty. and they dogpile the sht out of you to validate their dirty deeds.  some of the comments in this thread are proof enough for me.  when they tell you that "The rest of the players in the area are not there to support you", its a good tell on the mindset of supposedly decent people. they dont care about other people and never have and never will. its a me me me,  look at me world.  the care for your neighbor, care for strangers, etc, is a distant memory where common decency is not common. these people in game will swear up and down that they help people and care about others, but in game they play as dirty and selfish as possible without even a hint of help someone or teamwork in their dna. but you are what you are, you dont just switch to an ahole in game and an angel in the real world. thats a myth.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2017, 10:40:37 PM »
its a me me me,  look at me world.

It sure is.  And when people don't get their six called at all times, or if people don't clear them snappily enough, they whine long and loud on channel and in the forum because in their mind apparently the other people on their side exist solely for the purpose of supporting them.  Anybody who is not paying attention to them at all times and helping them when they get in over their head is a Bad Person.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2017, 12:38:33 AM »
It sure is.  And when people don't get their six called at all times, or if people don't clear them snappily enough, they whine long and loud on channel and in the forum because in their mind apparently the other people on their side exist solely for the purpose of supporting them.  Anybody who is not paying attention to them at all times and helping them when they get in over their head is a Bad Person.

Wiley.
so what youve done here is turned it around to where hes the bad guy for hoping to have the common courtesy hes shown to the other guy, returned to him. normalizing the wrong......but whats wrong with showing a little courtesy if you can? if you can help, why not help? he helped the other guy and then gets crapped on for it. and is now the bad guy apparently because he didnt like it and said something about it. hes just supposed to take it even if its wrong because its now normalized. seems dirty to me.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2017, 12:44:42 AM »
Yeah your such a straight shooter.  :rock

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2017, 02:49:35 AM »
i maintain that AH is a microcosm of our world. people only care for themselves. wrong, dirty, underhanded has become normalized and when you point out the wrong and dirty, youre the bad guy because its now normal to be dirty. and they dogpile the sht out of you to validate their dirty deeds.  some of the comments in this thread are proof enough for me.  when they tell you that "The rest of the players in the area are not there to support you", its a good tell on the mindset of supposedly decent people. they dont care about other people and never have and never will. its a me me me,  look at me world.  the care for your neighbor, care for strangers, etc, is a distant memory where common decency is not common. these people in game will swear up and down that they help people and care about others, but in game they play as dirty and selfish as possible without even a hint of help someone or teamwork in their dna. but you are what you are, you dont just switch to an ahole in game and an angel in the real world. thats a myth.

There is a big difference between a war video game online and the "real world". Online "egos" in general are far more intrusive. I do agree that it similarly represents the natural world in that it's never fair and unforgiving.. Players have advantages and disadvantages in the MA. Its a game. Therefore players compete. Players do not always represent their real life  montra. The online world is an escape from that, really. Players do not receive "moral training" when entering the MA. Many just want to shoot and kill. You cant expect the enemy to not gang and not pick when you put yourself in those positions. You can't expect someone to  come clear you  when  you have 6 on you and getting ganged. 85% of the MA players really have no idea what they are doing anyway. They chase the red guy, and feel happy when they finally achieve a kill. Just don't put yourself in easy to pick situations, and you will understand the game play better. This game takes a lot of patients to fly in a successful way without getting picked or ganged. And that's one of the great beauties of it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 03:09:15 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2017, 11:29:10 AM »
Yeah your such a straight shooter.  :rock
wrong, dirty, underhanded has become normalized....youre a prime example of this

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2017, 11:34:10 AM »
There is a big difference between a war video game online and the "real world". Online "egos" in general are far more intrusive. I do agree that it similarly represents the natural world in that it's never fair and unforgiving.. Players have advantages and disadvantages in the MA. Its a game. Therefore players compete. Players do not always represent their real life  montra. The online world is an escape from that, really. Players do not receive "moral training" when entering the MA. Many just want to shoot and kill. You cant expect the enemy to not gang and not pick when you put yourself in those positions. You can't expect someone to  come clear you  when  you have 6 on you and getting ganged. 85% of the MA players really have no idea what they are doing anyway. They chase the red guy, and feel happy when they finally achieve a kill. Just don't put yourself in easy to pick situations, and you will understand the game play better. This game takes a lot of patients to fly in a successful way without getting picked or ganged. And that's one of the great beauties of it.
like i said, wrong has been normalized

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2017, 01:23:41 PM »
so what youve done here is turned it around to where hes the bad guy for hoping to have the common courtesy hes shown to the other guy, returned to him. normalizing the wrong......but whats wrong with showing a little courtesy if you can? if you can help, why not help? he helped the other guy and then gets crapped on for it. and is now the bad guy apparently because he didnt like it and said something about it. hes just supposed to take it even if its wrong because its now normalized. seems dirty to me.

It must be really, really awesome to have 100% SA.  You guys should put together some videos on how to have perfect SA at all times.  The fact is, I do call and clear whenever I'm able.  However, the guys that expect 100% of their side to be at their beck and call at all times are behaving just as badly as they think the others are.

You don't know what anybody else in the area is doing at the moment.  They could be looking for GVs, they could be scanning far for inbound bandits, they could be covering their wingman, distracted by the bandit on their six, or any of a thousand other things.  Your six is your own responsibility, nobody else's.  You may want to grumble at your wingman if he doesn't check you, but expecting random people that happen to be in the same area to be constantly monitoring what you're doing is stupid.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2017, 01:32:40 PM »
I do my best to call out bandits, but I can't see everything all the time and I do have to kinda watch my own.

I've also had people get salty after "not getting a six check" despite the fact that I called it out 3 times but they werent listening because they were trying to shoot a guy. 
Kommando Nowotny

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2017, 01:43:46 PM »
wrong, dirty, underhanded has become normalized....youre a prime example of this

:headscratch:

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2017, 03:41:02 PM »
It must be really, really awesome to have 100% SA.  You guys should put together some videos on how to have perfect SA at all times.  The fact is, I do call and clear whenever I'm able.  However, the guys that expect 100% of their side to be at their beck and call at all times are behaving just as badly as they think the others are.

You don't know what anybody else in the area is doing at the moment.  They could be looking for GVs, they could be scanning far for inbound bandits, they could be covering their wingman, distracted by the bandit on their six, or any of a thousand other things.  Your six is your own responsibility, nobody else's.  You may want to grumble at your wingman if he doesn't check you, but expecting random people that happen to be in the same area to be constantly monitoring what you're doing is stupid.

Wiley.
exactly what i expected ....smh

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2017, 05:17:01 PM »
exactly what i expected ....smh

Me too. Claim superiority and play the victim.  Textbook.

Wiley.

JG11