Author Topic: Just a whine, Bishops and Rooks need not read, but Knights take heed.  (Read 4246 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Just a whine, Bishops and Rooks need not read, but Knights take heed.
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2017, 07:46:23 PM »
like i said, wrong has been normalized

You can't expect a moral atmosphere in a war video game.  And most players don't follow what you consider "wrong", because they don't have a clue what they are doing in the first place. It's not about being right or wrong.. Its about survival of the fittest.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 09:01:18 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline M1A1

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2017, 12:57:16 PM »
I have played since about 2008. While I can agree with a lot of points being made on both sides I can say after taking off for the better part of 2 years and coming back there has been a shift in the "morals" displayed in the MA. When I first started with Duxford Wing back in 08 the Boss (Zensen) did preach about etiquette. There was etiquette then. You checked 6's as much as possible , you never jumped into someone else's fight unless requested and you worked to push the chess piece's agenda you played for as best you can. You gave the enemy quarter when it was deemed gentlemanly and you expected the same. I had some of you very same gentleman display those attributes to me over the years. Now it seems to be a free for all in the MA most times with the exception of a very select few. Is it right or wrong is open to opinion only as with all things in the universe change is the only constant. Yes the moral compass has changed a bit, but is it wrong? I think we all do our best and sometimes we let others down but to say folks do it out of spite is a hard thing for me grasp in the 1 game where I have felt that the community is head and shoulders above any other I have been in and still is. Things change and people change and if you refuse to change with the times then unfortunately you go the way of the Dodo.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2017, 02:35:41 AM »
I feel your pain traveler.... But in my experience there is never a shortage of check 6s on the bish when I fly.. I usually get them with in 30 seconds from upping.. I'm starting to believe the rooks and nits don't like me much :devil :neener:
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2017, 09:42:09 AM »
During my first stint here I always received check 6s from other non squadies. This round, not so much. There are a few people and squads that I can count on for it but it’s far from what it used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA