Author Topic: Just a whine, Bishops and Rooks need not read, but Knights take heed.  (Read 4243 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Last knight, 11/18, prime time.  I flew for three hours, the only check sixes I received was from my own squad members.  I'm flying on a mission to kill VH in support of V66, in a Heavy P38L, I'm above 15K, another Knight in a spit14 is on the deck, running from a spit14.  He's calling out for help asked me to help him, pleads with me.  I turn in on the nme spit and I tell the Knight that I can only bounce the guy, you will need to help me kill him.   He says sure, I hold my ords and bounce the spit14, and I attempt to bring guns to bare, only to see my team mate, continue on his run to the nearest Knight base.  Now I got to dump my ords to fight this spit and it doesn't go well, I waited much to long to dump the ords.  Next while fighting in a sustained dogfight with a Rook P38L at V66, I'm in my P38G.  He's doing vertical loops, I'm working him, got his port engine smoking, he's continuing in his vertical loop and I'm adding lots of flap and bring my nose up on target and hitting him with my 50's and start to open up with my cannon and some Knight clown cuts in front of me, he kills the 38 and I get killed by my own stream of cannon hitting this clown, Shot myself down.   In my 20 minutes in the area of V66 I got no friendly check 6's from other Knights although I gave a bunch, a lot by key and some on the common radio when the Knight hicks shut up long enough to allow others to use the radio.  You long winded story tellers please invite those that want to hear "how great a french kisser you mom is" to a separate channel so that Knights actually playing the game in the battle, can communicate.   
End of whine.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
Re: Just a whine, Bishops and Rooks need not read, but Knights take heed.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 10:57:20 AM »
Nice story T.  It's a tough world out there.  When I fly, I fly Bish.  Not that I'm saying it will fix your issues.  I fly with lower expectations, yet still play with the golden rule.  Sounds like you did your part.  :salute

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 11:14:00 AM »
You long winded story tellers please invite those that want to hear "how great a french kisser you mom is"

:eek:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 11:53:52 AM »
Rule # 1. You can't ever expect anything in the MA.

Kill quickly and get out of the fight.

Don't expect other players to do anything, that goes for any side or team you play with.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 12:04:34 PM »
Check 6
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 12:12:53 PM »
There is soooo much less co-operation in this game any more. It's all about getting kills, adding points to score totals, or hiding in the horde. We have these so called top pilots who are only there because they excel at picking and running. Two of these guys pounded the crap out of a newbie last night (6 kills for one, 4 kills for the other) and the newb logged most likely never to be seen again.

In Travelers story, spit dweeb couldnt stand the thought that he may lose a fight and so sacrificed Traveler and his mission for his own gain. Second fight, picker waits until the guys has been beaten down to a no win situation and picks the free kill.  It is becoming the norm. I always think it would be so funny if we all "played" this way. We would all be circling around and waiting for someone else to engage so we could safely pick one guy and run..... wouldnt that be fun  :rolleyes:

Traveler, its the same on all sides. The game has lost its direction and been taken over by the gamers of the game.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 01:06:22 PM »
Traveler, its the same on all sides. The game has lost its direction and been taken over by the gamers of the game.

Perhaps our time has past, the game has reached the point of not being fun.  I've been here since the start and what's left of our squad, all three of us have about reached the end of the road.  We are down to only playing once a week for a few hours and we stopped running missions about a year ago.  We would invite and nobody would join.  It was a great game at one time.  It's at the point where if any one of us left the game the other two would follow.  We had hoped that a new influx of numbers would help, but I no longer think that will happen, play is just to dweebish.  I game continues it's downhill slid.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 01:31:10 PM »
I give as many check 6s as I can but don't expect any in return. I honestly give check 6s more now because it helps with my traffic calls at work....keeps me on my toes.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Patt2014

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 08:57:26 PM »
There's a "check 6" key or button?  :airplane:

I use vox 6 only actually. All that cycling is a PITA.

As for stats. Pretty much all the top end are just vulch, pounce already engaged eny and zero attack base types.  Basically just worthless.

As for which side is the worst. I play different country each week for the most part and so far the Knights are it for sure.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 10:28:22 PM »
The game has lost its direction and been taken over by the gamers of the game.

You geezers are having senior moments.  Do you remember when some of the players would follow a flaming plane to the ground, pouring lead into it so that they would get the kill?  The first time anything in AH made me angry was when some turkey complained that I hadn't given him a check-six.  That was no later than 2003.  We've had Horde Tuesdays, whack-a-mole tactics, mega-squads shooting up the town on a Saturday night...none of the current complaints are remotely original.

- oldman (well, back in my day, nice girls didn't do things like that...)

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 12:02:30 PM »
There's a "check 6" key or button?  :airplane:

I use vox 6 only actually. All that cycling is a PITA.

As for stats. Pretty much all the top end are just vulch, pounce already engaged eny and zero attack base types.  Basically just worthless.

As for which side is the worst. I play different country each week for the most part and so far the Knights are it for sure.

I'm totally that way as well.   If I see something dropping on you I'll yell out on the range channel - it is much quicker. 

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 12:10:02 PM »

You geezers are having senior moments.  Do you remember when some of the players would follow a flaming plane to the ground, pouring lead into it so that they would get the kill?  The first time anything in AH made me angry was when some turkey complained that I hadn't given him a check-six.  That was no later than 2003.  We've had Horde Tuesdays, whack-a-mole tactics, mega-squads shooting up the town on a Saturday night...none of the current complaints are remotely original.

- oldman (well, back in my day, nice girls didn't do things like that...)

Oh no.  I'm sure it's much worse these days since I've noticed it. ;)

As to the OP, your six is your own responsibility.  Appreciate random check sixes but don't rely on them.  The rest of the players in the area are not there to support you.  You don't know where their attention is focused at the moment.  If you're not looking over your shoulder at least every 5 seconds in a furball, you're doing it wrong.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 12:26:17 PM »
Last knight, 11/18, prime time.  I flew for three hours, the only check sixes I received was from my own squad members.  I'm flying on a mission to kill VH in support of V66, in a Heavy P38L, I'm above 15K, another Knight in a spit14 is on the deck, running from a spit14.  He's calling out for help asked me to help him, pleads with me.  I turn in on the nme spit and I tell the Knight that I can only bounce the guy, you will need to help me kill him.   He says sure, I hold my ords and bounce the spit14, and I attempt to bring guns to bare, only to see my team mate, continue on his run to the nearest Knight base.  Now I got to dump my ords to fight this spit and it doesn't go well, I waited much to long to dump the ords.  Next while fighting in a sustained dogfight with a Rook P38L at V66, I'm in my P38G.  He's doing vertical loops, I'm working him, got his port engine smoking, he's continuing in his vertical loop and I'm adding lots of flap and bring my nose up on target and hitting him with my 50's and start to open up with my cannon and some Knight clown cuts in front of me, he kills the 38 and I get killed by my own stream of cannon hitting this clown, Shot myself down.   In my 20 minutes in the area of V66 I got no friendly check 6's from other Knights although I gave a bunch, a lot by key and some on the common radio when the Knight hicks shut up long enough to allow others to use the radio.  You long winded story tellers please invite those that want to hear "how great a french kisser you mom is" to a separate channel so that Knights actually playing the game in the battle, can communicate.   
End of whine.

Just switch countries. 6 hours later, you can sitch again!
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2017, 12:28:37 PM »
More important than tactics and ACM is SA.  Learn SA and the others will help.  As for the unfortunate spit runner, the old adage No Good Deed goes left unpunished comes to mind.  Just remember the guy and laugh as he gets ganged next time. 
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 12:50:54 PM »
Yeah bloody knits...I was just saying this on range the other day....I was dieing a lot.... a lot more than usual.... and couldn't work it out.... finally after looking through my films I did notice the lack of check sixes.... with film in hand I told them straight that it was not on!!! I was however rook that day so they just laughed and told me to go sit in the corner for a bit.... When I was let out I went back to knit and let them have it.... because now they had 1) made me die a lot by lack of check sixes...but 2) made me get sent to the corner of a different side for an hour... and yes...before you say anything...it was their fault!! had their lack of team mate ship not been so off the charts I would not have died so much...i would not have been so enraged..and i would have been able to make an informed login to the game and stay on the correct team to berate them in the first place....Bloody Knits
....and rooks.....that corner sucks.... all those mirrors... makes you look at yourself for too long...point the finger and it is self deprecating... horrible horrible place to be.....don't you know finger pointing is not for ones self!!!!!! Bastids   :furious :furious  .....  :neener: <--- me after an hour in that place
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 12:52:38 PM by SPKmes »