Author Topic: New GV dar  (Read 42521 times)

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: New GV dar
« Reply #495 on: December 22, 2017, 05:02:12 PM »
I find it funny that your description of things you do when not in a GV does NOT include fighting other people, but going after only objects that dont fight back. 

EDIT, oops! and heres is another one....

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,391010.msg5193509.html#msg5193509

It really does seem like you dont want to fight people.

You want to fight....... Pick you tank and PM me

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #496 on: December 22, 2017, 05:07:16 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 08:59:47 AM by Skuzzy »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #497 on: December 22, 2017, 05:19:35 PM »
The same can be said of you sir...... I have yet to bash a 85mm HVAP through the side of your tank.

Im just that good!

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #498 on: December 22, 2017, 05:52:33 PM »
Im just that good!

Fantastic.................gra b your tank and lets do this

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #499 on: December 29, 2017, 01:01:44 AM »

Fantastic.................gra b your tank and lets do this

No takers......  figures they couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with a tank even if they were inside the barn

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #500 on: December 29, 2017, 08:10:51 PM »
 Spawn into A63  with wirb. and get run down by farflite in the heavy brush within 2 minutes, without even firing a shot.  affirmative action gv'ing or gv'ing for the handicapped.  If I was a gv'er I'd probably quit the game.   but I'm not so. back into the air.  But I do feel kind of  sorry for the long time gv players that honed their skills, figured out good lairs or lies and could gun and run.  And now a newb can just roll up and blast them... easier is not better ,fairer. or more rewarding... why even have trees  if You can't use them to sneak around in or use them for a hide?   Anyway Have a blast.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #501 on: December 30, 2017, 08:15:30 AM »
Great GV fighting last night!  Offense and defense!  Those who chose to stay out just missed the fun.  GV dar had little to do with the outcome, all it did was channel the action.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #502 on: December 30, 2017, 12:24:27 PM »
Great GV fighting last night!  Offense and defense!  Those who chose to stay out just missed the fun.  GV dar had little to do with the outcome, all it did was channel the action.

There appears to be several threshold events, at which point GV fights are fun despite the GV dar:

1. There needs to be gv's on each side on the ground.
2. Ords need to be down.
3. The field has to be far enough away from another field that it's not worth it for bombt***s to fly over, or ords have to be down there too.
4. The planes in the air need to be occupied with other planes.

If one of those things aren't happening, then the table is basically tilted against having a decent GV fight.  But if all four conditions are present, the GV fights are great.  Even with GV dar.

And notice how all of those items are within both sides' control, and none of them deliver an advantage through GV dar.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #503 on: December 30, 2017, 01:36:54 PM »
There appears to be several threshold events, at which point GV fights are fun despite the GV dar:

1. There needs to be gv's on each side on the ground.
2. Ords need to be down.
3. The field has to be far enough away from another field that it's not worth it for bombt***s to fly over, or ords have to be down there too.
4. The planes in the air need to be occupied with other planes.

If one of those things aren't happening, then the table is basically tilted against having a decent GV fight.  But if all four conditions are present, the GV fights are great.  Even with GV dar.

And notice how all of those items are within both sides' control, and none of them deliver an advantage through GV dar.
1. There were GV's on both sides.  Hard to have a one sided fight.  :rolleyes:
2. They were not down at our field and the bad guys were bringing them in from their field to bomb our GV's as well.  It was give as good as you get. 
3. See answer 2. Never did I hear a single GV complain about being egged due to an unfair GV Dar advantage that the enemy had.  They just re-upped and went at the fight again.
4.  Planes were fighting planes and attacking GV's as it should be.  Total chaos.  AH III at it's best!

You are missing out if you choose to sit out due to your misunderstandings.  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #504 on: December 30, 2017, 02:08:50 PM »
 :rofl GV dar. IS NOT EASY MODE :old:  Twice yesterday, GVdar showed up.....Defenders "IN TANKS" and planes upped"Bomb hunters"....1 hour of circling the DAR square by 3 planes and 2 tankers. Never so much as caught a flicker of RED. I do this relentlessly!  :devil  I am always heavy for a GV and pretty good at what I do. Too me, this thread is about like threads griping about HOs. Its IN THE GAME, adjust or dont, I really dont care and your reluctance to get over stuff doesnt affect me....BUT DANG GUYS  QUIT THE MOANING. Are we trying to grow our player base or just run every one off? Learn something new, NO ONE knows everything. Groaning and moaning will NOT give you your desired results so please just knock it off :old:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline madrid311

• Copper Member
« Reply #505 on: December 30, 2017, 02:24:52 PM »
:rofl GV dar. IS NOT EASY MODE :old:  Twice yesterday, GVdar showed up.....Defenders "IN TANKS" and planes upped"Bomb hunters"....1 hour of circling the DAR square by 3 planes and 2 tankers. Never so much as caught a flicker of RED. I do this relentlessly!  :devil  I am always heavy for a GV and pretty good at what I do. Too me, this thread is about like threads griping about HOs. Its IN THE GAME, adjust or dont, I really dont care and your reluctance to get over stuff doesnt affect me....BUT DANG GUYS  QUIT THE MOANING. Are we trying to grow our player base or just run every one off? Learn something new, NO ONE knows everything. Groaning and moaning will NOT give you your desired results so please just knock it off :old:

+1
Quote from: hitech on Yesterday at 11:15:04 AM              
         I am happy you are having fun. HiTech                                                  
                  In game name : GunFTR

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #506 on: December 30, 2017, 02:39:01 PM »

You are missing out if you choose to sit out due to your misunderstandings.  :aok

Yeah, I think I over analyzed it.  But I didn't sit it out.  I was right there in the thick of it.  It was fun.  I think what I was trying to do was make a point that the fun fight at that base doesn't happen at every base, on all the maps.  It feels like certain conditions need to be met before it turns into an awesome time.  On that same map, you could have 8 GVs spawn into a base, and just get bombed relentlessly and never see another vehicle.  And never even get a round off, much less shoot at something.  But, I also think that it behooves the attackers to take out ords and bring some planes and make a party of it, to avoid that relentless bombing.  In a nut shell, assuming you can just spawn into a field and have an unmolested journey into town or onto the runway is just silly, imho.   

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #507 on: December 30, 2017, 02:55:11 PM »
Waystin you missed another significant factor I built at that location.

One of the spawns was centered on a 150ft elevation looking down over the river to the airfield just at long range firing capability for tanks and M4 rockets. They controlled one bridge from that high ground. The land at the second spawn was slightly higher than the land on the airfield side of the river. The open vistas to tree thickets percentage allowed for rapid maneuvering and good concealment.

It's gamey but, GVers are more likely to come back against superior numbers if they feel like the terrain gives them an equalizer. And they did get a tank on the field with an M3 almost capturing the map room under our noses when we thought we had beaten them back during one of their many attacks. They owned both spawns into that field until our forces took back one of our feilds and saved us. Those map room on the airfield setups make for some vicious action if the owners want to defend. Even one guy willing to get towered a lot will hold up a capture against 12 guys like we ran into later after you logged off Waystin. Towns create lazy combat attitudes because the airfield is not the capture focus.

I got great data from that fight and the experiment in topography I placed there on making combat terrain inviting to GVers. I'm finding you only need to work with 100-200ft elevation differences to give GVer's a sense of being able to control their position. And Buzzsaw A2 has a bad GV spawn because it sets the enemy on a 500ft hill with a sniper hide to take down the GV hanger every time it comes up. That airfield needs to be rotated 180 to place the GV hanger out of easy sniper range. I did that to last night's field so it would take aircraft or ship guns to take down the GV hanger instead of a TigerII on top of a hill hidden in the middle of a spawn.

I really hate letting tanks sit on highlands risking nothing taking down airfields, in it's own way that's pandering just like Klingon cloaking trees. Many of the complaints about the GV game have a common impulse. GVers want to drive tanks around the AH combat zones like the muppets use to fly solo in K4's and dominate the arenas. To make that possible for them we need instant power-ups, Klingon cloaking trees, and Icons from the air that let wirbles rule because you have to get inside their gun range to see them. Now to keep them re-upping to keep a good fight going over an hour, it's obvious they want to sit in high sniper hides and risk very little with long range shooting. At least three well known GVers who don't care about not getting whacked kept up the actual active assault, got towered many times but, almost captured the field because they chose to fight and not worry about getting towered.

I blended the trees to grass ratio to enable fast assaults if anyone had the stones to attack at speed because those bridges also split the defenders forces and focus. Wonder how many GVers know most of the bushes and all bamboo groves on Oceania can be driven through and the attackers were doing just that to stay hidden all the way to the airfield. :O 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Zardoz

• Copper Member
« Reply #508 on: December 30, 2017, 03:33:04 PM »

:salute
Your incessant whining just adds entertainment value to my gaming experience :cool:

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #509 on: December 30, 2017, 04:34:12 PM »
HTC, so it's fair, should just add dar so we can see the relitive position of planes. (Wait, what?)
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org