Author Topic: Shade Accounts  (Read 18024 times)

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
Re: Shade Accounts
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2017, 02:13:34 PM »
I honestly don't understand why this is difficult for people to understand. Taking the most treacherous situation: If you fly on both sides simultaneously you just don't do things like resupply yourself from the other side or use your presence on the other side to zero in on enemies and their task groups. If you want to practice shooting at bombers or gvs and provide yourself with yourself as victim fine. Are you unfairly mining perk points? If mining perk points is your objective than yes that is unfair and you shouldn't do it. What is your intent? What are the results of your actions? Does it adversely effect gameplay for other players in a way that is different from the adverse effects that would come from having an additional player that you collaborate with in an ethical manner?

If you feel that someone is getting away with something they shouldn't, tell the office about it. Just because you are not explicitly prohibited from doing something doesn't mean you are allowed to do it.
Pies not kicks.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2017, 03:13:34 PM »
Shooting yourself down is frowned upon.  I know a few instances where people have had their scores reset, perks dumped, or worse.   :old:
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2017, 05:10:55 PM »
Shooting yourself down is frowned upon.  I know a few instances where people have had their scores reset, perks dumped, or worse.   :old:

Well the question I would ask is "why were you shooting your B29s down with an I-16?" But seriously, given that you can go to the dueling....wait can you take off from a field in the matchplay or is it all air starts now? Well I was going to say easily practice on yourself flying straight and level as opposed to on circling drones that don't seem to need wings but If you have to make an arena to do that it seems ok to ME to shoot yourself in the main arena but not if you are perk farming. It doesn't matter what I think though so you can be behaving ethically and still get punished for behaving unethically if its hard to tell the difference. So maybe what I said before about what it sounds like in court is a better suggestion. I mean, if you are worried about your score or perks than you probably are not honest if you say you are practicing by shooting yourself down.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 05:23:10 PM by pembquist »
Pies not kicks.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2017, 05:27:48 PM »
I used to have 5 accounts.  Now I have just 2 (maybe 3, I think I may be paying for one I forgot the login for)

I work away from home 2 or 3 weeks at a time and am home for a week.  I tend to fly a lot on my home week.  ENY or lack of fights on one side of the map often happens.  Having 2nd or 3rd accounts means I can change sides easily and find the fights I  want.

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2017, 06:23:08 PM »
If this is the line your talking about, it means that your account can only be used by YOU, tho they may be a bit lenient when it comes to letting your kids use your account now and then.

They have never said you could not have a number of accounts running at the same time, "Tunes" come to mind as an example.

As stated above, as long as your not using the other accounts to "spy" or "hunt" players or cv's which all would fall under the "cheating" umbrella they are allowed.

I know of some players who use a second account to switch sides when fight dry up.

It is what it is....you are you .......and your kids are not you

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2017, 06:25:35 PM »
When I had an account with Warbirds, I added a second account later on and let my son use it.
The only complaint I ever had was he talks too much   :D   I'm sure HiTech does not care if dad's pay for another
account. After all it is more revenue.

:salute

I think what they are looking at is 1 account shared by two people............2 accounts shared by two people is not a problem and revenue is not lost

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2017, 09:32:10 PM »
I think what they are looking at is 1 account shared by two people............2 accounts shared by two people is not a problem and revenue is not lost

Yes.  If I had an account and let two or more people take turns using it, that would be taking money from Hitech.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2017, 09:35:38 PM »
I know of at least three legitimate uses people put them to: having a guest account so a friend or prospective new player can come over and play in the same room,

This is how I got my brother hooked on the game.   :D

I created some non-paying accounts in the hope that I could invite some friends for a game of tag in a custom arena.  Unfortunately, I haven't got that to work out yet.   :bhead
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2017, 11:17:52 AM »
I have 2 accounts, the second is used when there are no fights during off peak hours....I enjoy watching people complaining about my shade, getting killed and me saying nothing like somehow me being on a different name would have changed you from dieing....ZaZa whines about it was the best  :bolt: :noid
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Online scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2017, 06:36:26 PM »
Can't believe I'm admitting this but....I to have a shade account..I fly with the name Lazer on the Knight side.. None has figured that out yet cause I fly with 2 very different flying styles.. My Scott66 account reflects love willingness to die allot.. My Lazer account refects death destruction willingness to feed off the hate from others :devil as far as my rook account..I will never tell
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2017, 09:17:51 PM »

Rule #3
Personalities never change  :devil
They do if you dont speak or type  :aok
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2017, 08:53:50 AM »
Can't believe I'm admitting this but....I to have a shade account..I fly with the name Lazer on the Knight side.. None has figured that out yet cause I fly with 2 very different flying styles.. My Scott66 account reflects love willingness to die allot.. My Lazer account refects death destruction willingness to feed off the hate from others :devil as far as my rook account..I will never tell
:D

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2017, 01:31:43 PM »
I been thinkin' about gettin a Bishop Shade account.......I'm gonna be FNmano, even though I get called that allot anyway
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Online scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2017, 02:21:37 PM »
I been thinkin' about gettin a Bishop Shade account.......I'm gonna be FNmano, even though I get called that allot anyway
FN stands for Forever Nit?
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2017, 03:18:06 PM »
uhhhh......I think it might stand for something else.  :D
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)