Author Topic: Shade Accounts  (Read 18044 times)

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Shade Accounts
« Reply #150 on: January 10, 2018, 03:58:03 PM »
Spotters that are three dimension-ally challenged. But maybe it could be coded (bearing in mind that's not my skill):

Slight green tint = less than 5000
Slight orange tint = 5001-10000
Slight blue tint = 10001-20000
Slight rainbow tint = 20001+

Oh no not another crutch.......  how about asking someone on your county how high they are..or go to a base and look. Or maybe in the future we can put our mouse on the icon and see what Altitude, Speed, and who the pilot is.....that way you can figure out if it's worth chasing him.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #151 on: January 10, 2018, 04:12:03 PM »
Oh no not another crutch.......  how about asking someone on your county how high they are..or go to a base and look. Or maybe in the future we can put our mouse on the icon and see what Altitude, Speed, and who the pilot is.....that way you can figure out if it's worth chasing him.

I merely responded to Crash's assertion that if DAR also represented spotters then there would also be an idea of the altitude of the inbound aircraft (there would be). I responded with the only idea I could think of, regarding how it could be practically coded. I suppose there could be other ways. But if you're suggesting that such is an unrealistic 'crutch' that didn't exist in real life, please elaborate further.

I'm kinda warming up to the idea. I bet new players might appreciate not having to run around goose-chasing fights until they finally actually find one. :)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #152 on: January 10, 2018, 05:04:44 PM »
I'm a shade account.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #153 on: January 10, 2018, 05:22:33 PM »
I was guarding the last auto gun at a vehicle base today with a Wirb, and an opposing player swooped in and took the gun out with a bomb.  Then I see on 200 that someone salutes me.  I see the plane fly away, so I wait a bit and tower and check film, and the guy who saluted me is the pilot who dropped the bomb.  And not only does he drop the bomb and salute me, but he pulls a c*br* and lands out in the woods to flash the base for an hour.

Shades.   

But at least now I know who c*br*'s shade is.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #154 on: January 10, 2018, 05:38:25 PM »
I was guarding the last auto gun at a vehicle base today with a Wirb, and an opposing player swooped in and took the gun out with a bomb.  Then I see on 200 that someone salutes me.  I see the plane fly away, so I wait a bit and tower and check film, and the guy who saluted me is the pilot who dropped the bomb.  And not only does he drop the bomb and salute me, but he pulls a c*br* and lands out in the woods to flash the base for an hour.

Shades.   

Shades and Shading = Profitable Suckage. :airplane:
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #155 on: January 11, 2018, 03:21:23 PM »

Shades.   

do tell!    :old:   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline noman

• Copper Member
      • http://yahoo.com
« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2018, 04:17:01 PM »
IT'S JUDGE.................
Quote by Delirium:
Frankly, I'd rather be a fluffer at a gay porcupine film company than be a CM.
God bless the CMs for putting up with this community.
Sic Pups        MA
412th FNVG   FSO

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2018, 11:51:00 AM »
IT'S JUDGE.................

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Yeah and I am 2cmex...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #158 on: January 13, 2018, 03:28:53 AM »
Not entirely. Dar mimics both radar and spotters. Probably more spotters.

(Image removed from quote.)

The game difference is that since the same planes are used on all sides the spotters can still tell an enemy fighter or bomber from a friendly.  ;)

Not buying it, "Coast Watchers" could not give instant updates ... didn't happen.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #159 on: January 13, 2018, 05:55:50 AM »

Not buying it, "Coast Watchers" could not give instant updates ... didn't happen.

What do you mean I'm not giving you up to date reports? You owe me a bottle!

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2018, 05:34:44 PM »
Neat picture!   And I have always had the utmost respect for the folks that did that duty ... but with only with extra ordinary rareness did they ever talk to an operator.   

They broadcast in the blind (for self preservation), coordinating centers collected the reports (as did the bad guys), dutifully awaited confirmation from a second watch site, then (sometimes) a response was coordinated.

I stick with my initial assertion.
 :cheers:
PS  Y'all watch "Father Goose" the movie ... AND "PT-109"! :old:
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #161 on: January 14, 2018, 09:38:12 AM »
PS  Y'all watch "Father Goose" the movie ... AND "PT-109"! :old:

With relish. :)

The realm of reality in AH falls within game playability parameters.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2018, 12:31:22 PM »
My shade = "Shuffler"
Who is John Galt?