Author Topic: New Player Observations  (Read 5706 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: New Player Observations
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 03:07:10 PM »
Ouch 11PM EST may be a little late for this old fart. Maybe I can make the Sat event though. Thanks again for the welcomes!

We'll be glad for you to join us.   :aok  To play, come to Special Events 2 arena at 3 pm Eastern on Saturday.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2018, 04:01:15 PM »
This gave me a thought, what do you think about implementing a minimum map time?

HiTech

Make the 24 hour minimum/72 hour maximum Map Rotation Standard, please.   Been asking for this for years, btw.

If a map is reset within 24 hours, the identical map comes up again.  If a map is not reset in 72 hours, it is reset automatically. 
This keeps stagnant maps from hanging around too long and small maps from getting knocked out too quickly.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 06:43:31 PM »
Make the 24 hour minimum/72 hour maximum Map Rotation Standard, please.   Been asking for this for years, btw.

If a map is reset within 24 hours, the identical map comes up again.  If a map is not reset in 72 hours, it is reset automatically. 
This keeps stagnant maps from hanging around too long and small maps from getting knocked out too quickly.

I always thought something like this would work well too  :aok

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 08:11:03 PM »

Yes, something like this would work.  If you just have a minimum time, you could have one team lose all bases except the uncapturable bases, and be stuck that way.  Have the same map come up, but rotate the teams on the map.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2018, 08:18:52 PM »
1. Knights are always outnumbered. Ive paid close attention the last 3-5 days, and its consistent. It seems to be a larger disparity when Rooks/Bish are both invading.

This goes through phases over the years.  A while back it was the Rooks who were often outnumbered.

2. There appears to be a lack of organization on a country-wide basis, as-in it feels like most players are just doing their own thing and less coordinated attacks.

This is up the the individual players to get together.  Sometimes we are more organized than other times.  Having good squad leadership also helps.  If you have a good squad working together, then others will join the party.

3. The game map seems to change daily. I thought the maps stayed in play for longer periods of time.

If a team wins a map, then the map changes.  If a team doesn't win the map, then the map will change once a week.  As you have seen, Hitech is toying with the idea of putting a minimum time on maps.

By the way, welcome to the game.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2018, 12:11:11 AM »
I may be wrong, but I thought we had that or perhaps we had that at one time.  So how would it work, normal win the war changes a map, or if no one wins in x numbers of hours the map gets rolled?  X could be any number, perhaps adjustable by the game keepers.

we do have a map timer, if no one wins a map in 7  days it auto changes.
in AH2 it was 5 days I don't know who or why they changed it.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2018, 12:18:55 AM »
I like the "if a map won to quickly its brought back again idea until its been up for X hours."

no no no I would go nuts it I knew the map we just lost was going to be right back up.. map rotation is fine--what we really need is more maps.

and changing the original maps to work for AH3 may be faster than waiting for players to make their own maps...I am probably wrong-wouldn't be the 1st time.. was thinking since the foundation was already laid well you know.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2018, 12:20:26 AM »
we do have a map timer, if no one wins a map in 7  days it auto changes.
in AH2 it was 5 days I don't know who or why they changed it.

That's not the issue.  Re-read.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2018, 12:21:58 AM »

THIS. 

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2018, 01:08:03 AM »
1. Knights are always outnumbered. Ive paid close attention the last 3-5 days, and its consistent. It seems to be a larger disparity when Rooks/Bish are both invading.
2. There appears to be a lack of organization on a country-wide basis, as-in it feels like most players are just doing their own thing and less coordinated attacks.

You're ex-AW right?  Here Bish=AZ, Rook=BZ and Nit=CZ.  Many of the old allegiances still hold.  That should help explain some stuff.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2018, 02:56:22 AM »
You're ex-AW right?  Here Bish=AZ, Rook=BZ and Nit=CZ.  Many of the old allegiances still hold.  That should help explain some stuff.

Maybe that's why I've been primarily a Knight my entire AH time, was primarily a Czlander in AW.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2018, 03:04:28 AM »
You have to look at more than just the numbers.. Look where the fights are. High numbers don't matter if you are split between two fronts.. I'm not saying any one side gets attacked more than others I would just say when you look at the numbers look at the map. See what bases are flashing
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline twistedtechmike

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2018, 06:35:26 AM »
Well hell, if Bish = Az...I need to swap. I didn't realize I been flying Cz all this time!
XCal
Former AW Dweeb

Offline AKQwik

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2018, 11:21:47 AM »
Another option is what my squad does.  The AKs rotate the first of every month. That way we fly with and against everyone.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2018, 11:38:26 AM »
 :aok EXACTLY! I just cant wrap my head around "CHESS PIECE" loyalty. :uhoh I have folk on all 3 sides I like to play with. The LOYAL folk frown on switching sides(well you will hear about it,like forever).  :furious I am just not that way,but predominately stay on Bish side. I fly for the Brand(piece,lol). I am loyal to the side I am currently on, and dont swap much, just to keep the DRAMA and BS FACTOR to a minimum.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain