Author Topic: Radar Testing  (Read 28760 times)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
Re: Radar Testing
« Reply #240 on: August 03, 2018, 03:42:23 PM »
We can still see you!!! Muueeeehahahaha  :old:

yep and just be glad we can't see player id's when in flight.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #241 on: August 03, 2018, 03:47:04 PM »
Lunatic, when a set of lancs lines up half a sector out on a GV icon in a town and takes it out, that is not a battle.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #242 on: August 03, 2018, 03:47:18 PM »
I like the idea of full radar in the tower and a different setting in flight.

More ideas:

1.  Have different update rates for inside and outside friendly dar rings.  Update at the usual quick rate inside the ring and at a slower rate outside.
2.  Make base dar downtime a set value (15 minutes?) unrelated to dar strat.  It would still be an advantage to kill the dar as part of a coordinated attack, but not so easy to blind the enemy for hours.
3.  Adjust the update rate outside the friendly dar rings according to the condition of the dar strat.  So there would still be a good reason to hit the strat.
4.  Harden the base dar -- about the same as a hangar -- so that it takes a deliberate attack to destroy it, rather than the last act of a smoking spitfire.

If we can't see anything outside of the radar rings when in flight, what does this accomplish other than reminding me of throwing 12 sided dice in some WW2 strategy geek board game? You going to stop leaving the tower after this and play AH3.18 The Control Tower Operator SIMM? Anyone intending to actually go out and shoot people after the radar is adjusted? Increasing the damage requirement for the radar tower object is a good idea for game play. Too many people get timid when they can't see and too many people spend more time climbing than playing the game to try and confuse the best guesses of the ack huggers. I've seen more head straight to a feild knock down drag out brawls with the radar at 100% this last week than I've seen since the early days of AHII. What is this addictive need for over complex nuance in a shootem up game? You want complexity, that is what SFO and Special Events does to the radar and people only have about 2-3 hours of tolerance once a week for it.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #243 on: August 03, 2018, 03:47:28 PM »
Absolutely do not like the full radar.totally removes the element of surprise  that can be the edge in a fight in 2018 just as it did in 1942.-100 for full radar and I'm out after many years if it doesn't end . Simplist solution is variable map sizes . Smaller off peak , larger weekends etc :rock :rock :rock

not playing because you don't like currant full radar is not a good reason not to play, many others are still playing, and I believe they are having fun, I know I am.

give it a try you might like it, I do.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #244 on: August 03, 2018, 03:48:12 PM »
How is changing the radar going to attract more people? If there is no advertising this radar thing is only preaching to the choir. As it is right now it certainly is not going to help keep players that are on the fence about quitting.

I do not like the GV dar or the all seeing radar, But, if it puts more people in the arena I am all  IN.

:D :D My M-8 definitely needs more Targets.  :D :D

:salute
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #245 on: August 03, 2018, 03:48:35 PM »
Lunatic, when a set of lancs lines up half a sector out on a GV icon in a town and takes it out, that is not a battle.

and yet the scenario you described was a battle.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #246 on: August 03, 2018, 03:51:52 PM »
How is changing the radar going to attract more people? If there is no advertising this radar thing is only preaching to the choir. As it is right now it certainly is not going to help keep players that are on the fence about quitting.

may not exactly attract new players but may make currant ones happier, in case you haven't noticed players been complaining about the gv dar ever since it was added.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #247 on: August 03, 2018, 03:55:42 PM »

Word is they have new players joining in everyday, but most do not stay. Maybe its because they cant find the action on the maps? With the new dar it is very easy to see where the action is and so maybe more will stay longer trying to get into that action.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #248 on: August 03, 2018, 03:58:50 PM »
I have the same feelings about this Kavo. Im really thinking of closing my account. I cant see paying for something I don't want to play anymore. I also hate the GV dar , now this. Might as well get rid of all the strats and just make it a big furball. This 3rd day now and I have no desire to play this game. If you really want serious WW2 sim then check out Battleground Europe:WW2 online. Guess Ill go back to that. Will check forums see how its going but if Hitech adds anymore dumbing down of the game Ill probably never come back.

He started dumbing down the game by adding GVs. That way folks who came to ACES HIGH and could not fly could instead be moving ground targets.

If you think you didn't deserve that.... re-read your own post.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Rebel28

• Copper Member
« Reply #249 on: August 03, 2018, 03:59:13 PM »
This full DAR is terrible our side can’t just run the map like before… The other side knows where we are at and actually puts up a fight. We are not here to fight we just want to win. How dare you ruin our play? I’m going to take my plane and tank and leave!
I will not play this way!

Can we please have some cheese and crackers with the whine… 
4th Fighter Group
~ The Gunslingers ~

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #250 on: August 03, 2018, 03:59:52 PM »
This full DAR is terrible our side can’t just run the map like before… The other side knows where we are at and actually puts up a fight. We are not here to fight we just want to win. How dare you ruin our play? I’m going to take my plane and tank and leave!

DOH!!!     :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #251 on: August 03, 2018, 04:12:29 PM »
Are lynchmobs still a thing in texas?

:bolt:

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #252 on: August 03, 2018, 04:38:07 PM »

If the fence sitters quit but more noobs stay then It's a win.  Fill the glass faster than the water leaks out of the hole. 

The future of this game is not legacy subscribers.  It's new players. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #253 on: August 03, 2018, 04:40:25 PM »

He started dumbing down the game by adding GVs. That way folks who came to ACES HIGH and could not fly could instead be moving ground targets.

If you think you didn't deserve that.... re-read your own post.

Burn.

Oh, snap!
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #254 on: August 03, 2018, 04:53:16 PM »
So are loot chests next?

purchase perk points with real money?

what about a no cockpit setting? its hella stupid yo that I cant see the bad guyz because my plane crap is in the way.

Running out of bullits is dumb too, and why do we have to do the stupid take off and wait so long to fight...\

If I wanted all the realistic junk I would play Aces High.