Author Topic: Radar Testing  (Read 28701 times)

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
Re: Radar Testing
« Reply #285 on: August 03, 2018, 10:39:33 PM »

I stopped all flying and driving in the MA and have only been sitting in a field gun because of the new dar.

I did the next best thing.... I played WW2OL & IRACING this week....

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #286 on: August 03, 2018, 10:41:30 PM »
Yes, but I doubt your base takes were "lone wolf".  If all you really wanted was to find a fight, no matter what the odds, all you had to do is up at a base being attacked.  Such a base is typically easy to find, which you as an experienced player are well aware of.  Problem is doing so is not always enjoyable.

I was bored of flying around by myself so I started poking out ack guns.   Then some friendly buffs showed up so I hung around.   

We didn’t have any bases being attacked.   We were being ignored.   

You must not fully grasp the current all-too-common state of game dynamics: two countries pursue fighting while the third is ignored. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #287 on: August 03, 2018, 10:42:59 PM »

I did the next best thing.... I played WW2OL & IRACING this week....

CAV

So basically you did what you always do.   No wonder I didn’t notice your absence.  Hard to miss a guy who is never around.   :cheers:
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #288 on: August 03, 2018, 11:13:40 PM »
So my initial impression of full dar tonight was the same as everyone else. I hated it. I hated it because I couldn't play the way I used to. It forced me to get out of my comfort zone and try new tactics. While difficult to do, it was definitely breathing some fresh air into the same old stale game play. I knew where the fights were and I could up near them. Frustrating at first but action packed all night. Great job guys.

Heh.  Good point.

And I am becoming weary of people saying that we used to have 500 people a night.  Before that we had 100 a night, and the fights were just as good, possibly better.  You really do not need hundreds of people to have a good time.

- oldman

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #289 on: August 03, 2018, 11:41:57 PM »
This was once the greatest realtime tactical sim in the world. Its why I played and many many others.  I understand the move. Numbers are low i get it.  It comes with a cost.  We lost what made this game great awhile back to meet the standards of the now majority.  Seeing moves like this only reaffirms my decision to stop playing.  Yall dont have to see it or understand but this is a very sad day in the history of AH. 

I kept coming back to bbs because i figured maybe things would change.  After this stunt im logging out and never coming back to bbs. We will never have the great tactical play this game was known for ever again.  Players like myself who played for the tactical simulation wont be missed because we are almost extinct.  <S> from the top to the very bottom.

Finetime signing off :salute

P. S.  You dont try to fix what isnt broke.... Enjoy the shrinking pond.  Cant stand to watch this game get cannibalized anymore.

Agreed, another a slap in the face of tactic strategic players that kept MA populated over the years, built squads recruited new players and hooked them to game.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #290 on: August 03, 2018, 11:47:11 PM »
  Agreed, another a slap in the face of tactic strategic players that kept MA populated over the years, built squads recruited new players and hooked them to game.

Is this game now populated with drama queens or something?

A slap in the face????

It’s TESTING.    NOBODY slapped anyone—except all those players who were fighting like crazy in the arena that is.   Slapping each other around.   In a combat game.   The horror. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #291 on: August 04, 2018, 01:12:10 AM »
You make a good point. In the test to see the world, why aren't all country CVs visible ?  All their fields, aircraft and GVs are. Will a plane engine on on the flight deck be visible ?
I have seen a small plane icon at the CV position at times (moving slowly with the CV long periods of time). Used the land mode to throw shells at it from very long range and even got some hits on a ship.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
« Reply #292 on: August 04, 2018, 08:22:32 AM »
Just had a run with the new map, 26 people on when I logged on, but it was the most fun I had in a long time.  However it cant stay like this, it is hell for the gv's and buff drivers.
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #293 on: August 04, 2018, 08:31:50 AM »

A LOT  less people play  AH  on the week ends.   Recall splitting MAIN arena due to FULL volumes of  200-500 players?    Now these days  you barely see 150 players...

His statement was a comparision of more players play on the weekends then play during the week.

It's not about the #s of the players.  It is about the QUALITY of the game.

different people have different ideas of what the quality of the game is.

Each decision has  lost  players.     1) Split the main arena and when #s  drop  re-unite to a single arena

US was in a heavy recession at the time as well 

2)  Make Gvs automatic

which was the first step in removing the "interior of the GVs so that HTC could add new GVs quicker

3)Employ  dar bars of  enemies

We have always had friendly and enemy dar bars

4) Show ENEMY GV  dar 

Many newbs coming in are looking for tank fights and couldnt find them and so left with out subscribing.

5)make arenas  FULL DAR across  temporarily   AKA   lets find a fight.

As a TEST, he has already posted a couple of times about adjustments he plans to make. Again, this is so Newbs can find action.

6) Chase away history recreation enthusiasts -  they cannot  post missions or strat runs  because full dar bar.

This only showes how lazy players have become. Talk about "realistic" How about and bomber group/wave at 10K with a couple groups of fighters at 15-18k as top cover just like they did in the war.

7) Increase dar at expense at a small map that is not realistic on real maps.

Dont think of it as "Dar", think of it as "enemy positional intelligence". Local radars, spotters, civilians reports, military intelligence and so on all rolled together to give us the data displayed

8) employ a  HUD so planes can be modern in a fake WWII level.

Again, a crutch for newbs until they get their feet under them.                                                 

Conclusion:  Lets  turn the game into a  'fighting game'..    Damn the squads,  Damn the missions planners,   Damn the bombers.      Meanwhile competitive  games has  advanced amazing  graphics in an  WWII  historical  sense. 

Cough:  This is what caused the downfall of  Wildbill's  WARBIRDS  game  (which mr aces high himself was helping to run the bad decisions in Warbirds)

Learn from history. It's your  choice.  Greed of the #s

Players want ACTION. the graphics are pretty enough these days. As for squads and missions, get off your a ss and put them together! That is one of the things this game has lost, the camaraderie of players. Squads use to mean something, now all they are, are a group of names on a list. Missions are nothing more than  "Grab a hvy fighters stay NOE and flatten everything".

Do new players leave because they "can't find the action", or instead because they die quickly?  If the latter, then making them more visible would seem to be counter-productive. 

MH

Have you ever seen a "Call of Duty" game run? Players dont care how much they die, they just want to get back into the action ASAP. Its the time flying TO a fight that is turning new players away.

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #294 on: August 04, 2018, 09:44:46 AM »
Have you ever seen a "Call of Duty" game run? Players dont care how much they die, they just want to get back into the action ASAP. Its the time flying TO a fight that is turning new players away.

CoD has no subscribers. Have you seen some World of War craft videos? AH has to be more like that, then it could have 10m paying subscribers!

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #295 on: August 04, 2018, 09:55:06 AM »
gldnbb is living in the past. AH2 is gone, get over it-quit comparing then to now.
or now to then.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 09:59:39 AM by lunatic1 »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #296 on: August 04, 2018, 10:59:49 AM »
Flew last night and I rather like the new dar system.  That being said, I can see where the gv players might not like it.  I always thought it was way too easy to take down dot dar.
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline Ron

• Copper Member
« Reply #297 on: August 04, 2018, 11:06:53 AM »
Can't get on with it. It ruins the tactical side for me. Puts me off playing.  :(
God Save the Queen..!

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #298 on: August 04, 2018, 11:09:23 AM »
I don't understand the people who say they can't find a fight-is it that your too lazy to fly to another sector? because if you fly to a enemy base I can guarantee you will find a fight...hell all day long I see people flying to or spawning a gv to another base and get in a fight.
if you sit in the tower and wait for enemy to come to you, most likely you will be waiting awhile. move too a base closer to an enemy base you won't have too fly too far.

people started leaving the last 2 or 3 years of AH2 for several reasons, graphics, dull play, so called free gaming sites tired real life etc.
gldnbb still talking about graphics-the graphics are better in AH3 than AH2.

map size, all but 3 well 4 if you count riftval maps are from AH2, people say the maps are too big-will what will happen if maps are made smaller, ohhh the maps are too small...it takes time to change a map--time better spent on making changes or bug hunting or working on other more important parts of the game.

and again I remind you all that its the players fought here that HiTech is trying to fix the radar were everybody will be happy, the players complaining about it being so hard to find a tank to bomb because they can't see an gv icon-hence gv dar-o lord then the complaining about gv dar started.
so HiTech is now spending valuable time trying to find a solution to radar again.

HiTech posted his plans for Radar which in itself is a new thing lol he usually doesn't tell us his plans.
but its like its going in 1 ear and out the other, still griping about the dar instead of a wait and see what happens. what's the saying-criers gotta cry whiners gotta whine-trolls gotta troll-something like that. But HiTech can't win, he's damned if he does and damned if he don't.

I made a big post on Steam the other day about how good AH3 is and mentioned the price. and a long ago former player posted back asking why should people pay 15.00 a month when there are so many FTP games out there. and I said because AH3 is better then all those games put together. said although he still loves AH he is not going to pay 15.00 a month.

all I know is we need to quit sweetyin, whining and crying about the game and give Dale our support-he is trying to help us all.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #299 on: August 04, 2018, 11:11:51 AM »
Can't get on with it. It ruins the tactical side for me. Puts me off playing.  :(

you mean you can't sneak into a base to vulch the runway right
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 11:13:29 AM by lunatic1 »