Author Topic: Radar Testing  (Read 28701 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Radar Testing
« Reply #315 on: August 04, 2018, 01:07:16 PM »
So vulching a runway with an airplane is probably A-ok for you, but do it in a GV and it's "griefing."  Right.

If you roll off a vulched field you takes (sic) your chances.   That’s a far cry from a spawn camping GV.    Balance. 

I NEVER get vulched.  Never have.   Now thanks to GV warning bars I never get spawn camped either, though it was at one point a common enough occurrence to thoroughly tick me off. 
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 01:09:16 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #316 on: August 04, 2018, 01:15:00 PM »
How much action am I gonna get landing with a damaged plane out of ammo or being blasted as I spawn?

Not much.

Glad we agree as well.   :cheers:

If you manage to wrest your crate to a field with red GV dar on it, then that sucks for you.  But there is zero difference between a plane shooting you up as you're trying to land or take off, and a GV shooting you up as you're trying to land or take off.  It's plain to see that you just don't like GVs.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #317 on: August 04, 2018, 01:17:10 PM »
We should have a tank dar that is similar to the plane dar. As long as it doesn't give away position. The reason for that is because if there is a small dar in a sector and the base is flashing, how would you know a tank is there too? (As a new player).

I really like the old dar, it just needed to be harder to destroy on the field.... maybe adding more towers on the field would help too. But they should be harder to take down.

Giving players too much dar really makes it gamey.

Giving away CV positions from gunners aint gonna work.

Maybe zone radar with factories is better?

I find what makes fights really great in the MA is when you have tank bases in-between fighter bases. This funnels action for all players. You could even put factories in-between to make it cooler. This gives people a path of action and puts all 4 games modes (fighter, attack, bomber, and tanker, into the same area. It worked great on Fester's map and other maps that have a similar lay out. There is always big fights when tank bases are in the middle of air fields.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #318 on: August 04, 2018, 01:20:12 PM »
It worked great on Fester's map and other maps that have a similar lay out. There is always big fights when tank bases are in the middle of air fields.

The fights up those lines of bases were awesome.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #319 on: August 04, 2018, 01:32:45 PM »
How much action am I gonna get landing with a damaged plane out of ammo or being blasted as I spawn?

Not much.

Glad we agree as well.   :cheers:

I get it now. You want action. But you don't want to be the subject of actions that others get.

This game simulates some parts of war. And that isn't fair. The first person to be seen by the enemy is probably the person do die. But luckily here one can be the second person too, and shoot back.

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #320 on: August 04, 2018, 02:17:20 PM »
With all due respect to those in favor of full radar... why does not HTC just reduce
the game to a training arena and a furball arena?
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #321 on: August 04, 2018, 02:33:16 PM »
Sorry but chutes do not flash a base

Only if they’re shooting. 

Don’t be obtuse. 

A guy could flash a base in his chute, too.   

GV warning bars act as eyes on the ground.   They’re a substitute for the realism you claim to crave. 

“Tanks!   Tanks!  Help!”

If the player base chooses to ignore that warning fine.   I, OTOH, use it to land somewhere I won’t get sniped.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #322 on: August 04, 2018, 02:34:35 PM »
If you manage to wrest your crate to a field with red GV dar on it, then that sucks for you.  But there is zero difference between a plane shooting you up as you're trying to land or take off, and a GV shooting you up as you're trying to land or take off.  It's plain to see that you just don't like GVs.

A plane has to be in icon range to vulch me a GV does not.

I don't like the favoritism given to ground vehicles through selective advantages. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #323 on: August 04, 2018, 02:35:56 PM »
A plane has to be in icon range to vulch me a GV does not.

I don't like the favoritism given to ground vehicles through selective advantages.

You spelled "inherent advantages" wrong.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #324 on: August 04, 2018, 02:36:20 PM »
I get it now. You want action. But you don't want to be the subject of actions that others get.

This game simulates some parts of war. And that isn't fair. The first person to be seen by the enemy is probably the person do die. But luckily here one can be the second person too, and shoot back.

Ehhhh!  Sorry, Hans wrong guess.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #325 on: August 04, 2018, 02:37:45 PM »
Sorry but chutes do not flash a base

Okay, then a plane landed and parked in the trees.    A Cybro special.  Samey same.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #326 on: August 04, 2018, 02:40:17 PM »
You spelled "inherent advantages" wrong.

No, SELECTIVE.   Icon range is selective, i.e. purely determined by the game designer.     It has varied over the years.   Warning bars help balance this disparity out some in select circumstances.    Funny how charity quickly devolves into an expectation or demand on the part of the recipient.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 02:45:58 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #327 on: August 04, 2018, 02:44:00 PM »
Double post.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #328 on: August 04, 2018, 02:50:40 PM »
No, SELECTIVE.   Icon range is selective.   Purely determined by the game designer.     It has varied over the years.   Warning bars helped balance that out some.    Funny how charity quickly devolves into an expectation or demand on the part of the recipient.

So earlier you wanted more #realism in the game, but because you can't have something as gamey as seeing a tank icon from the air, that's a problem for you that requires balance.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #329 on: August 04, 2018, 02:53:22 PM »
So earlier you wanted more #realism in the game, but because you can't have something as gamey as seeing a tank icon from the air, that's a problem for you that requires balance.

Where was I advocating realism?  You do realize we have P-51s dogfighting P-38s and attacking B-17s don't you?

The whiners want it both ways and use realism as their excuse.   I can flip that argument on them at the drop of a hat.
”KILLER V”
The Damned