Author Topic: Radar Testing  (Read 28701 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Radar Testing
« Reply #420 on: August 05, 2018, 08:54:33 PM »
Ahh...shifting the burden of proof. A fallacious argument indeed.

Whatever.  Are you calling me a liar?   That and refusing to do the work to verify while claiming it is wrong any way.  Talk about fallacious arguments.     :rolleyes:

The man told me to my face when I visited the office.

Ask him.

Or search for Skuzzy's posts yourself.  It is not my job to do research for you.  I'm not your Graduate Assistant.   Here's your mulligan.

It is not a matter of players not finding us.  It never has been.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 09:08:04 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #421 on: August 05, 2018, 09:07:58 PM »
Is there any data that newcomers that quit after a few minutes did so because they couldn't find a fight?  Does the developer have a separate comment feedback source (other than Steam reviews)?  I've read all the Steam reviews: only a single person said he couldn't find a fight in Melee and referenced the low population.  The vast majority referencing no fights were referring to the free arenas, which is understandable since you can't find a fight if there is no one in the arena.  Many people claim that the game isn't really Free To Play as the arenas that are free are empty.  The most common negative comment is the cost and the next most common are the steep learning curve, complexity of the UI, and difficulty of the controls, especially in VR mode.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #422 on: August 05, 2018, 09:09:07 PM »
Is there any data that newcomers that quit after a few minutes did so because they couldn't find a fight?  Does the developer have a separate comment feedback source (other than Steam reviews)?  I've read all the Steam reviews: only a single person said he couldn't find a fight in Melee and referenced the low population.  The vast majority referencing no fights were referring to the free arenas, which is understandable since you can't find a fight if there is no one in the arena.  Many people claim that the game isn't really Free To Play as the arenas that are free are empty.  The most common negative comment is the cost and the next most common are the steep learning curve, complexity of the UI, and difficulty of the controls, especially in VR mode.

I do not speak for HTC, but the impression I get is people don't tend to leave much feedback.  They just disappear.  (If I am wrong I hope to be corrected on this point.)
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #423 on: August 05, 2018, 09:40:44 PM »
I'd say something but I am trying to avoid a Rule #4. 

Keep up your one-man ad hominem crusade.  We are just going to be moving on without you.

And yet still you do not  understand how  graphics and a lone wolf fighter work....     Shiny  Object!    Next  game!     That is the mantra of a fighter jock with no loyalty.  BTW   Again  Aces High is no amazing WWII  Graphical  sim. 
To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #424 on: August 05, 2018, 09:46:17 PM »
I do not speak for HTC, but the impression I get is people don't tend to leave much feedback.  They just disappear.  (If I am wrong I hope to be corrected on this point.)

There's probably much more valuable information in the aggregate than reliance on the N=1 opinion of the random 14-year-old from Wisconsin who bothers to leave feedback.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #425 on: August 05, 2018, 09:48:53 PM »
And yet still you do not  understand how  graphics and a lone wolf fighter work....     Shiny  Object!    Next  game!     That is the mantra of a fighter jock with no loyalty.  BTW   Again  Aces High is no amazing WWII  Graphical  sim.

The graphics are much better in AH3 than any other sim to covers the same size. You want to fly in a swimming pool, by all means go play one of those other games.

People, it really doesnt matter what any of us say here. HTC will roll out his "adjustments" this week and we will see what we have to play with. Like every other change ever made to this game you are welcome to stick around and enjoy playing, or not. Your choice. Whining about it isnt going to change anything.

Like it or leave it, it Hitechs game and he is going to do what he wants.

Offline iikie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #426 on: August 05, 2018, 09:58:55 PM »
Hopefully this test can be over soon and things can be back to normal. If not, then O well, guess we will have to figure it out then? I just hope what ever data they need helps the game in some way.
Slaxer

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #427 on: August 05, 2018, 10:13:07 PM »
There's probably much more valuable information in the aggregate than reliance on the N=1 opinion of the random 14-year-old from Wisconsin who bothers to leave feedback.

Probably right.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
Re: Radar 2.0
« Reply #428 on: August 05, 2018, 10:19:23 PM »
 I have to agree,  I was tired of looking  and looking  now I can find a fight, wouldn't want to be a newbie with dar the way it was b4, bet they would get frustrated real quick and go to something else.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #429 on: August 05, 2018, 10:34:31 PM »
Naw, Electro plays quite alot. He had been on the road for last few weeks, and came back to this. Hes a GREAT GUY. He would fall into the STRATIGIC Bomber/ win the war player. You have to admit...this has been hard on folk like this. I get along with all sides..its all fun to me. You also have to admit, Vtrogcruisegoose sliderIceman :devil that a lot of MISCONCIEVED information all over 200...may have been the shocker for him. I am with you though..IF IT HELPS...I am your guinea pig, test away  :banana: Oh, and I WAS INVERTED  :neener:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #430 on: August 05, 2018, 10:40:33 PM »
This would work, and accomplish everything without totally ruining the experience:

Upon starting the game and clicking on Online Arenas / Open Melee, you get plopped in a tower with full radar and no comms.  You pick the field you want, and once in that tower, you get normal radar and comms.  The first tower would include a popup with basic info on how to get started.  At the end of your sortie, you can go back to the first tower if you want and find more action.

That accomplishes the goal of showing new people that there's action in the map, without degenerating into what happened this weekend.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #431 on: August 05, 2018, 10:46:00 PM »
I do not believe a word you guys are saying about not finding fights. It is as simple as flying to a nme field and start de-cking and 95% of the time someone will up to challenge you. If you could not find fights before it is because you are too lazy to fly to a field and challenge them. You want to have all the guesswork taken out of the game and strategy gone from the game.Take a GV to a town and start taking down town some one will up a GV or aircraft to find you. I am really tired of yo arcade type players trying to dumb down the game so there is no cat and mouse aspect left.

I LOVE THIS NEW RADAR SETTING!

I can routinely find fights now. It been YEARS since I could do this.  No longer flying endless sectors chasing hints of dar bars to find a fight without sucess then logging out on many occasions.

I pay for this game to do ACM not sight see.

Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!

and
Thank you!
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #432 on: August 05, 2018, 10:51:54 PM »
I do not believe a word you guys are saying about not finding fights. It is as simple as flying to a nme field and start de-cking and 95% of the time someone will up to challenge you. If you could not find fights before it is because you are too lazy to fly to a field and challenge them. You want to have all the guesswork taken out of the game and strategy gone from the game.Take a GV to a town and start taking down town some one will up a GV or aircraft to find you. I am really tired of yo arcade type players trying to dumb down the game so there is no cat and mouse aspect left.

In my experience that's lead to a manned gun or an 88 shooting at me 90% of the time, but I may just be unlucky.
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #433 on: August 05, 2018, 10:52:37 PM »

Nope.

Did an experiment the other day with this very thing.  We took four bases.  FOUR.   Unopposed, while the Nits and the Bish had a purse fight on the other side of the map.

”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #434 on: August 05, 2018, 11:00:03 PM »
Pure nonsense. LOL

Are you assuming that all sides will be equal in skill and number?

That’s what it seems like.

Those two on that third country should have organized and pushed back. It’s not the radars fault but the inability of a group to organize to over come a challenge.
Tour 70 2005 to present