Author Topic: Radar Testing  (Read 29075 times)

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Radar Testing
« Reply #405 on: August 05, 2018, 06:16:30 PM »
There will always be that element in the game.

Typically most people are monkey see monkey do.

If a respected player gets on country or range and lays out the plan, people will follow. The enemy share the same mentality as your own countrymen.

They get tunnel vision, albeit on a wider scale as air dominance gives a certain level of comfort that can be easily wrecked by just a few people wreaking havoc within their safety net. Two flights of two criss crossing BNZ’ing style through their attack will pull the alphas from the fight leaving the locals to deal with the soldier of fortune types.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
Re: Radar Testing
« Reply #406 on: August 05, 2018, 06:22:08 PM »
My current thinking is it will change Tuesday with a new test consisting of full radar in tower (with the exception of below radar), and different settings when in flight.

HiTech

My prediction then is this:

Someone on at least one side (and maybe all three sides) will volunteer to be air traffic controller for their team. Hell, I'll do it for the bish, I've always done it to the best of my ability by simply reading the map, and this game isn't fun if you fly buffs for a living any more.
Or someone with multiple accounts will simply delegate one account to tower while he and his team make use of the intel the tower-sitter provides.

Either way, the intel that's spoiling the game for many of us is still out there.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #407 on: August 05, 2018, 06:30:14 PM »
Sure. Even 1% of WT's numbers of the last 30 days would be 117 players, a huge increase. But a radar setting isn't going to get people into the game. WT and AH are apples and oranges. You'll get people who will like each one or one over the other, but pulling people from WT will be few and far between.

I think you'll lose the same amount of people you'd gain with the radar setting change.

We don't need to get people into the game.  We get them by the thousands every month.   They leave on average within 10 minutes.    That has to change.   If this does it then I'm all for it.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #408 on: August 05, 2018, 06:32:13 PM »
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 06:52:25 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #409 on: August 05, 2018, 06:33:02 PM »

Someone on at least one side (and maybe all three sides) will volunteer to be air traffic controller for their team. Hell, I'll do it for the bish, I've always done it to the best of my ability by simply reading the map, and this game isn't fun if you fly buffs for a living any more.
Or someone with multiple accounts will simply delegate one account to tower while he and his team make use of the intel the tower-sitter provides.

Either way, the intel that's spoiling the game for many of us is still out there.

We did this in Warbirds for years.  Big deal.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Radar 2.0
« Reply #410 on: August 05, 2018, 06:34:37 PM »
After the absolutely DISGUSTING weekend BULLS*** that went on this last map (Bish @12% of bases, no spawns anywhere, all strats dead) and full dar this is the final nail in the coffin for this game.

If you couldn't find a fight before then you were blind. The existing dar offered PLENTY of opportunity.

Spoken like someone who must not play much.  There are numerous vets on here who have complained that finding fights is often difficult.  If they are saying that then noobs must be hopelessly frustrated, hence they're not staying.    This appears to be a test to see if that dynamic can be changed.   Don't eat your hat just yet.   Sheesh.

This is not worth the $15 a month any longer with this crap.

See you when you calm down and realize the grass isn't greener.    :cheers:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 06:41:24 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #411 on: August 05, 2018, 06:41:26 PM »
We did this in Warbirds for years.  Big deal.

Thanks for seconding my prophesy.

In other words, the change HiTech is suggesting he will pursue is in essence no change at all. So Tuesday will be no improvement on the status quo if that's indeed what happens.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #412 on: August 05, 2018, 06:42:39 PM »
Thanks for seconding my prophesy.

In other words, the change HiTech is suggesting he will pursue is in essence no change at all. So Tuesday will be no improvement on the status quo if that's indeed what happens.

I don't care what happens as long as it generates more action.   I'm loving this new setting.   If he can improve on it then all the better.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #413 on: August 05, 2018, 07:10:52 PM »
We don't need to get people into the game.  We get them by the thousands every month.   They leave on average within 10 minutes.    That has to change.   If this does it then I'm all for it.
Are these official numbers? I don't think a radar change will stop someone from leaving after 10 minutes. I think it is tutorials and intuitive information when you are starting off in the game.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #414 on: August 05, 2018, 07:17:21 PM »
Are these official numbers? I don't think a radar change will stop someone from leaving after 10 minutes. I think it is tutorials and intuitive information when you are starting off in the game.

The data from these tests may very well tell us if the first part of your premise is correct or not...
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #415 on: August 05, 2018, 07:46:14 PM »
The data from these tests may very well tell us if the first part of your premise is correct or not...
Only HTC will have access to that data and I'm sure they will not release that sort of information. All we can do is speculate as to what sort of numbers were generated.

So you have no empirical evidence to support your claim?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #416 on: August 05, 2018, 08:12:11 PM »
We could almost replicate WT with custom rooms. I really wish there was a list of all the old maps from AH2. We need rooms like the Breakfast Club and TAs room up all day with 3-5 people In the arena all day. This will interest more to sign into the room. This really helps new players learn the game fighting in smaller areas and having quicker fights. The problem is that these rooms are only open late at night. Also, match play could use some serious work. A fighter bowl would be better. Make the DA it's own room.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 08:14:18 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #417 on: August 05, 2018, 08:14:33 PM »
Only HTC will have access to that data and I'm sure they will not release that sort of information. All we can do is speculate as to what sort of numbers were generated.

So you have no empirical evidence to support your claim?

It's not my claim.   Ask the man himself or search for posts on the topic by both him and Skuzzy.

The data is not for our consumption it's for HTC's.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #418 on: August 05, 2018, 08:40:29 PM »
It's not my claim.   Ask the man himself or search for posts on the topic by both him and Skuzzy.

The data is not for our consumption it's for HTC's.
Ahh...shifting the burden of proof. A fallacious argument indeed.

FlyKommando.com

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #419 on: August 05, 2018, 08:49:32 PM »

Someone on at least one side (and maybe all three sides) will volunteer to be air traffic controller for their team.

This blank-hattery is already afoot, right now, in the MA. 9:47 pm EST, knights side.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 08:51:29 PM by 8thJinx »

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.