Author Topic: My opinion on your test  (Read 6857 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: My opinion on your test
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2018, 01:35:39 PM »
They could.  That's my point.  If people believe there's just so much demand for their pet set of arena settings, why aren't they proving it?  Lazerr just finished saying 15 people created desirable gameplay.  That was apparently "critical mass" in that case.  Most of the ideas are geared toward the low number times.  A private arena could hold the active players on non peak times.

Wiley.

If it was critical mass it would still be going.  It wasn't, and it isn't.

The GVers and hiders want to hold the rest of us hostage to their pet settings that DISCOURAGE combat in a COMBAT game, while squealing like stuck pigs when the shoe is placed on the other foot to ENCOURAGE combat in a COMBAT game.

:bhead
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2018, 01:38:31 PM »
If it was critical mass it would still be going.  It wasn't, and it isn't.

Sorry, misspoke.  What you've got to work with is whatever pool of players is available at the time.  If your idea is supposed to improve gameplay when numbers are low, the opportunity is right there.

Wiley.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 01:40:48 PM by Wiley »
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2018, 01:42:48 PM »
Sorry, misspoke. 

No problem.

What you've got to work with is whatever pool of players is available at the time.  If your idea is supposed to improve gameplay when numbers are low, the opportunity is right there.

Wiley.

We proved it worked.

Hitech must be thinking along similar lines in at least one instance, hence the radar experiment, which generated the most action in many moons.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2018, 01:51:19 PM »
No problem.

We proved it worked.

For you.  I wonder what the majority actually thought.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2018, 02:03:28 PM »
For you.  I wonder what the majority actually thought.

Wiley.

We proved the concept that action can be focused, balanced, and fun.  Small maps.  Two sides.   Funneled combat.   Two bases with 15 players generated way more action and entertainment in a shorter period of time than 75 players spread over three fronts on a map massively larger.

There is something to learn from this, and frankly, if there are players that don't want to seek combat in a COMBAT GAME maybe they should play offline mode and at least not be affecting ENY...

Im looking to promote action on the pay to play arena. Hence my comment about the tweaking of the event to involve base capture to satisfy all participants of the game.

This should be happening in the main arena, but like mentionee, I left that arena and had 1 dimensional fun with 15 folks on a smaller map.

Im not a Furball Ahoy player, whatever the hell that means.  Im a player that enjoys all aspects of the game and want to see it succeed on all fronts.

You just seem to be here to poke around, without much constructive input.

Basically what he said.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 02:05:38 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2018, 02:08:03 PM »
Not saying you specifically but surely one of you small arena 2 side proponents could make it happen.

Wiley.
Not a bad idea...just hate the THEY vs THEM Fighter vs Gv stuff.We are the same...ISH. I think WILEY is on to something...Set up an arena that will do what it is YOU think Melee needs. True will be on a smaller scale but you dont need to know about Strats or scores..who cares about stats :uhoh   PRETTY SURE THOUGH...like with Nrshidas matchplay Breakfast Club and Ta's canyon duel arenas he puts up....IF IT WORKS and there are like 50 people in YOUR/THIS IS WHAT WE WANT arena and it starts getting more and more traction. THIS would go alot further with convincing or trying to convince HT of their faults and misthinking than and Forum Thread over 20 pages of critics...JUST SAYING. I would give it a go, and would give an HONEST look at it. If this worked out it would be great, alot better than talking PAST and Around eachother :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2018, 02:09:04 PM »
We proved the concept that action can be focused, balanced, and fun.  Small maps.  Two sides.   Funneled combat.   Two bases with 15 players generated way more action and entertainment in a shorter period of time than 75 players spread over three fronts on a map massively larger.

15 out of a bit over 1000ish if rankings are anything to go by.  That's not much to go on.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2018, 02:09:49 PM »
Not a bad idea...just hate the THEY vs THEM Fighter vs Gv stuff.We are the same...ISH. I think WILEY is on to something...Set up an arena that will do what it is YOU think Melee needs. True will be on a smaller scale but you dont need to know about Strats or scores..who cares about stats :uhoh   PRETTY SURE THOUGH...like with Nrshidas matchplay Breakfast Club and Ta's canyon duel arenas he puts up....IF IT WORKS and there are like 50 people in YOUR/THIS IS WHAT WE WANT arena and it starts getting more and more traction. THIS would go alot further with convincing or trying to convince HT of their faults and misthinking than and Forum Thread over 20 pages of critics...JUST SAYING. I would give it a go, and would give an HONEST look at it. If this worked out it would be great, alot better than talking PAST and Around eachother :uhoh

That's the thing.  If you had an arena going that was constantly at or near the cap, HT would notice.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2018, 02:09:59 PM »

My idea of melee would have been a map similar to that of which was in the AVA monday, all aspects of the game involved. (Minus the m3 resupply :D)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2018, 02:13:53 PM »
The AvA arena is always up,NO? Just saw Nrshidas post about hosting...I wasnt aware that host wasnt able to participate SUCKS :uhoh So maybe you could find some one IN AvA staff to allow switching some arena flags or what ever..to set it up as you want...to test. If it works...THEY WILL COME.THUS having at least a MODICUM of a chance to better plead your case :uhoh It would take some time for word to get out..but something like that could really PROVE itself. Win Win..with Ava on board...They spend A LOT of time setting these things up and more Participation in THEIR EVENTS could come around by having them let you use there Arena to test game play settings? I think it could :uhoh
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 02:20:05 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2018, 02:21:09 PM »
If the dedication to actually fighting in game was as half as fervent as the devotion to confirmation bias on this forum we wouldn't be having 85% of  the conversations we presently are.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2018, 02:22:46 PM »
I wasnt aware that host wasnt able to participate SUCKS

Oh no the host can fly, but you can only leave the arena for a really short period - enough to announce but you are stuck in your own arena all day. Which is fine if other people arrive too.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2018, 02:30:13 PM »
Oh no the host can fly, but you can only leave the arena for a really short period - enough to announce but you are stuck in your own arena all day. Which is fine if other people arrive too.
Ah, ok...you have to in the ARENA to keep it open? Got ya, thanks, I had it messed up already lol

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2018, 02:37:41 PM »
15 out of a bit over 1000ish if rankings are anything to go by.  That's not much to go on.

Wiley.

When was the last time you saw 1000 players?  Ever?  In a month?   At one time or over 30 days?  And if you don't do something to generate action like we did in our custom arena you'll never see 1000 players again.

We had 55 players in the arena (if that) and managed to get 15 of them to go elsewhere to have an absolute ball.   The rest were hiding from each other taking unopposed bases.  Yawn.   

Your'e dreaming in technicolor, bruh.   :salute
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 02:41:44 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2018, 02:39:09 PM »
That's the thing.  If you had an arena going that was constantly at or near the cap, HT would notice.

Wiley.

You just don't get it...   SMH.
”KILLER V”
The Damned