Author Topic: We need 2 sides for low player numbers  (Read 8905 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: We need 2 sides for low player numbers
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2018, 11:56:31 AM »
Just like Titanic Tuesday used to generate excitement, I would like to see Two Side Tuesday tried out.

Two countries, a one hour switch time and unlimited switch time to low numbered country.  Convert an AVA or scenario map.

If it fails, the proof will be there for all to see.  HTC can say "I told you so" and go back to business as usual.

Suppose it doesn't fail?  Having one day per week a little different would generate excitement.

This would be so much fun.   I bet it would be a hit requiring Two-sided Thuraday, too. 

+1

Shake things up, Hitech. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2018, 11:59:02 AM »
Just like Titanic Tuesday used to generate excitement, I would like to see Two Side Tuesday tried out.

Two countries, a one hour switch time and unlimited switch time to low numbered country.  Convert an AVA or scenario map.

Oh man, can you imagine the poorly spelled, hysterical, all-caps posts that will generate when peoples cherished chess piece is gone for a night?

Glorious.
Kommando Nowotny

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2018, 12:07:14 PM »
Oh man, can you imagine the poorly spelled, hysterical, all-caps posts that will generate when peoples cherished chess piece is gone for a night?

Glorious.

No doubt.  Just like with the dar experiments.  Just having it on one day of the week would alleviate some of their "suffering".   :D

As far as I know, HTC hasn't tried a 2 sided MA format since the '90s.  There was probably no ENY system in place to keep things from getting out of hand.

Barely 100 players in prime time isn't cutting it.  Please try this out.  :pray

The sides can be "Us" and "Them".  Whichever side you pick becomes "Us" on your map and the enemy side will always be "Them".
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 12:12:51 PM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2018, 12:10:51 PM »
No doubt.  Just like with the dar experiments.  Just having it on one day of the week would alleviate some of their "suffering".   :D

As far as I know, HTC hasn't tried a 2 sided MA format since the '90s.  There was probably no ENY system in place to keep things from getting out of hand.

Barely 100 players in prime time isn't cutting it.  Please try this out.  :pray

Yup.. i know they have said they know from experience that two sides hasnt worked, but I dont believe ENY was around during that time.  Neither was I, so that is an assumption.  I can see what happens when all available players online can interact with eachother, i saw it last night.  Its hard to evenly share a pizza with three people.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2018, 01:20:37 PM »

Glorious.

That would be just treble!!!!!!!    :old:  OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2018, 01:21:41 PM »
Yup.. i know they have said they know from experience that two sides hasnt worked, but I dont believe ENY was around during that time.  Neither was I, so that is an assumption.  I can see what happens when all available players online can interact with eachother, i saw it last night.  Its hard to evenly share a pizza with three people.

Divide that pizza into three equal pieces.  Be specific.   Hee hee.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2018, 06:26:43 PM »

Divide that pizza into three equal pieces.  Be specific.   Hee hee.
Some of you guys proved that it worked last week,as well. In AvA. I would be willing to bet that even on the STATISTICALLY lowest turn out day/evening that would change, once the word got out. What, maybe a month? Wonder if a case of Scotch, IF it doesnt work to boost that particular time slot? I mean all things being equal with MA, except for time switch timer, but keep ENY to FORCE Balancing?   :uhoh It will split the players from MA, but it could go along way with letting this old horse either getting some rest or at least some peace :uhoh
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 06:28:41 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2018, 01:02:06 AM »
-edit-
posting in wrong thread :P

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2018, 01:31:52 AM »
Some of you guys proved that it worked last week,as well. In AvA. I would be willing to bet that even on the STATISTICALLY lowest turn out day/evening that would change, once the word got out. What, maybe a month? Wonder if a case of Scotch, IF it doesnt work to boost that particular time slot? I mean all things being equal with MA, except for time switch timer, but keep ENY to FORCE Balancing?   :uhoh It will split the players from MA, but it could go along way with letting this old horse either getting some rest or at least some peace :uhoh
  what??? Lol

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2018, 10:58:40 AM »
a 2 sided Tuesday would probably be  the night I would not play- or any 2 sided night for that matter
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2018, 04:37:27 PM »
a 2 sided Tuesday would probably be  the night I would not play- or any 2 sided night for that matter

Well that should encourage a lot more people to vote for it.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2018, 04:55:00 PM »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2018, 06:47:21 PM »
Well that should encourage a lot more people to vote for it.

:rofl

”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2018, 12:29:04 AM »
  lol you're.. nevermind

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2018, 03:17:27 PM »

:ahand
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde