Author Topic: We need 2 sides for low player numbers  (Read 8818 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: We need 2 sides for low player numbers
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2018, 02:18:17 PM »
I'm with Lunatic, that would be the night I would not play, or maybe spend time in the training arena or the offline arena. :bolt:

Let all you "find a Fight" guys have at it.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2018, 02:41:43 PM »
I'm with Lunatic, that would be the night I would not play, or maybe spend time in the training arena or the offline arena. :bolt:

Your choice to miss out on all the fun.   Good luck with that!    :cheers:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2018, 04:43:27 PM »

This comment blows my mind.  For the life of me I cannot understand why you choose a game based on WW2 combat and then don't want to fight.

Sincerely, help me understand, what would a fun game session look like for you?

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2018, 08:40:58 PM »
This comment blows my mind.  For the life of me I cannot understand why you choose a game based on WW2 combat and then don't want to fight.

Sincerely, help me understand, what would a fun game session look like for you?

Never said I wont fight, nor do I "play" to avoid a fights, I will fight and I search for fights, just not the way the "find a fight" guys want. There are any number of ways to play this game to suggest or imply there is only one way, is near sighted or narcissistic. Taking off to defend a base under attack is fighting, taking a tank into an enemy town to wf it is fighting. Bombing strats, shooting the 16" guns at an enemy target, is fighting. Even Cybro fights. The ops was about going from 3 countries to 2, I believe that is a mistake.

I have fought you any number of times in game, with you winning most of them I'm sure, your very good in fighter. I am not, I am fair in a gv, not sure if I've ever seen you in one or not. If I do I'm sure I will get a least a few kills on you, oh btw that will be because of our fighting.  :D
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2018, 08:46:21 PM »
your very good in fighter. I am not

Don't underestimate yourself, Kenai, you're quite competent and a good person to boot.  We get that you think two sides is a mistake.

- oldman

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2018, 12:40:34 AM »
Even Cybro fights.

Cybro's a fisherman.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2018, 09:40:37 AM »
Cybro's a fisherman.

Is he a fisher of men or a fisher man?  :devil  Fishy man?  :rofl
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2018, 12:57:21 PM »
this dead horse is all bones now

HiTech said no to a 2 sided war-why can't you all get it thru you're thick skulls.
he has tried it on another game it didn't work. he didn't say why it didn't work. but I can imagine why it didn't work. seeing what is going on in the Melee arena when I logged on this morning at 11:00am central 20bish 9 Knights 8 rooks..
in a 2 sided war it would probably be 29 bish 8 rooks.

in a 2 sided war most would flock to 1 side to roll the other sides bases to win the war easier to get the 75 perks for each war won.
because as in the Melee arena people won't switch to even up the sides, in my opinion it's because they are afraid they will shoot down a squaddie and one will get mad. they will find out who is the better pilot than they are, and may cause arguments.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2018, 12:51:05 AM »
I we need to rename Knights, Bishops and Rooks to Oceania, Eurasia and Eastasia...

And all will be much better
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2018, 01:48:26 AM »

HiTech said no to a 2 sided war-why can't you all get it thru you're thick skulls.
he has tried it on another game it didn't work. he didn't say why it didn't work. but I can imagine why it didn't work.

For hundreds of years Britain and France were enemies.  They fought wars.....in fact one is referred to in history as the 100 year war.  People said to the peace makers, "why can't you all get it thru you're thick skulls."  After all, we had tried for hundreds of years and it didn't work.

Yet, less than 100 years after the defeat of Napoleon (a French guy) the English (a race of very handsome people) fought alongside the French as allies, bonded in a common cause. (WW1 for those who do not know your history).  Even though people had told them for years it would not work.  Stupid thick skulls turned out to be right. France and England could be friends, united.

As they say on the stock market.....past performance is not a measure of future gains.  Open your thick skull and understand change is what drives progress and because it did not work in the past does not mean it cannot work in the present or future.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2018, 03:56:38 AM »
...the English (a race of very handsome people) fought alongside the French as allies

Zack1234 is by far the best looking player in game.

As they say on the stock market.....past performance is not a measure of future gains.  Open your thick skull and understand change is what drives progress and because it did not work in the past does not mean it cannot work in the present or future.

You haven't read Bustr's Bubba Analysis yet. It's excellent.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2018, 05:38:37 AM »
You haven't read Bustr's Bubba Analysis yet. It's excellent.

Bustr lost my attention by posting 100 page diatribes about how his making a single map would save the game and any who had not undertaken such endeavour could not fully understand the minds of the AH masses.

Offline BOBO

• Copper Member
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2018, 06:08:16 AM »
     As far as balancing goes, maybe we need to look beyond the simple yet drastic solutions like having 2 sides.  Lots of valid points are being made but all of them seem to bring the potential for their own new problems.
     I haven't put much time into thinking about this but I just had an idea while reading the other posts.
     Instead of striving for a balance of population, maybe we should strive for a balance of conflict between the 3 sides.

While writing that I had a even crazier idea and it's probably a bad idea but it may inspire someone else to have a good idea.  Perhaps it would be fun to combat the 2 sides having an unofficial armistice while ganging up on the 3rd country by giving the 3rd or hypothetical 4th AI based purely communist country between the first two countries and beef up that new territory that grows as long as it's ignored with hard to breach fortifications that resemble the Maginot line or something that can block tanks from spawning into the new territory.   This could be a place for wonder weapons that wouldn't really fit within our current strategic model like the F7F Tigercat, F8F Bearcat, P-61 Black Widow, or other things like the V2 flying bomb or B-29s armed with nuclear weapons.

Personally I don't care how crazy or stupid the solution to this issue is so long as it works.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2018, 08:08:10 AM »

he has tried it on another game it didn't work. he didn't say why it didn't work. but I can imagine why it didn't work. seeing what is going on in the Melee arena when I logged on this morning at 11:00am central 20bish 9 Knights 8 rooks..
in a 2 sided war it would probably be 29 bish 8 rooks.

in a 2 sided war most would flock to 1 side to roll the other sides bases to win the war easier to get the 75 perks for each war won.
because as in the Melee arena people won't switch to even up the sides, in my opinion it's because they are afraid they will shoot down a squaddie and one will get mad. they will find out who is the better pilot than they are, and may cause arguments.

Excuses.   That’s all these are.   

Two sides would work better than three with some adjustments to side switch times and perhaps even the dreaded ENY. 

You already have a defacto two-sided war.    Two sides fight while one side is ignored.  People can ignore this reality at their figurative peril.   

« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 08:11:35 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2018, 08:10:15 AM »

For hundreds of years Britain and France were enemies.  They fought wars.....in fact one is referred to in history as the 100 year war.  People said to the peace makers, "why can't you all get it thru you're thick skulls."  After all, we had tried for hundreds of years and it didn't work.

Yet, less than 100 years after the defeat of Napoleon (a French guy) the English (a race of very handsome people) fought alongside the French as allies, bonded in a common cause. (WW1 for those who do not know your history).  Even though people had told them for years it would not work.  Stupid thick skulls turned out to be right. France and England could be friends, united.

Bingo. 

Bustr lost my attention by posting 100 page diatribes about how his making a single map would save the game and any who had not undertaken such endeavour could not fully understand the minds of the AH masses.

Ditto. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned