Author Topic: What will it take? (for HT)  (Read 18929 times)

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
Re: What will it take? (for HT)
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2018, 08:18:14 PM »
I think you have that backwards.

Thanks. I meant > 25
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2018, 10:08:43 AM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 11:28:37 AM by hitech »
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2018, 10:10:49 AM »

You know I was only half kidding right?

My point was that today it’s all about social media,which format I don’t know as I don’t follow it but I do know many have got their brand out with the use of this media and I was just pointing out how the Caashdancions made theirs.

TV and Radio are not going away,they just are being moved aside as people shift to a new form of information.They simply don’t have the captive audience like they did before the internet and smart phones,tablets etc.

:salute

Definitely no attack on you. You stand high on my list. Of course that is my list and you know me. I would not put that on a job application if I were you.   :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2018, 12:57:46 PM »
I would make a change to the arena selection screen for the direct impact effect to not confuse those looking for "Free". The $ may not be attractive to new younger customers. Plain English descriptions will be attractive becasue it's full disclosure. And the visual separation helps make the distinction.

Open Melee - Subscription Service
Axis VS Allied - Subscription Service

World War I - Free to Play
Match Play - Free to Play
Steal the Sheep - Free to Play
Training Arena - Free Training Center for Everyone

Steam was supposed to be social media exposure. It garnered too many negative reviews which is hard to overcome once it happens. If it had been one or two with many good reviews then the social media Lemming effect of predisposition would not have started up. I'm still suspicious if some amount of the negative reviews were not on purpose to try and sink Hitech.

FaceBook, all the under 40 generation left long ago and I don't see a strong recent line of guest postings at the HTC page. I'm wondering if Hitech's test on the "Hero" channel isn't the one owned by ABS-CBN Digital Media who provides content on anime, Japanese pop culture and eGames. eGames is what the under 40 generation is interested in. As for the 40 and over crowd, FaceBook adds, Air Shows, Gun Shows, Military Memorabilia Shows, Car Shows, click bait at AARP......... :old:

We are top heavy with 40 and older players and there is still room to attract that demographic. Time is not on the side of that group though, so the game has to be advertised on social media where the under 40's go for their entertainment, online purchases, and News, just like WT covered all of that initially. Steam may have not helped as much as it potentially "could" have. Too bad they won't let you start over and clean the reviews slate.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2018, 01:47:29 PM »
Definitely no attack on you. You stand high on my list. Of course that is my list and you know me. I would not put that on a job application if I were you.   :D

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I know it wasnt an attack and I've been retired for so long I dont know how to fill out a job application anymore..... :old:  That said if you happen to have a job where I can sit around and do nothing all day,I'm your man.... :devil

PS: my original point is still valid.

Offline gpcustom

• Zinc Member
      • GPcustoms
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2018, 05:44:17 AM »
HT, what will it take for you to catch up with the competition, get your game advertised and known around the net and fill the arenas again?

Do you need a collective money injection from the community? Do you need a successful kickstarter/indigogo?

There has to be something we (the community) can do other then go around in circles and circles coming up with no real ideas.

ATM I cant honestly recommend this game to anyone because the action is just soo scarce when last I played.

You know your situation best! Tell us how we can really help! There has to be something...
Actually when I first started playing the game long before I even new there was a forum the game was extremely popular with hundreds of players on each side. two main arenas and TV coverage :airplane:
It was an authentic game. If it didn't exist in WWII it didn't exist here. Lots of stuff to blow up regardless of vehicle choices(ground and air). Some will argue that it took a dive when they made things tough to access such as strats(some players only enjoyed killing strats and left). The change made one side of the isle very happy to eliminate the milk runs. I must admit there was an exodus of players after that. Some say its been going down hill for a long time and its just too hard to learn for new players and thats another reason the base has reduced. Personally I just missed not having the trains everywhere there was an accessible strat(what a blast) :joystick:
Either way its always a conversation with no simple solution. For me I would go back in time to a setting when the base was vast and diverse. Make available stuff to blow up for air and ground folks just trying to gather a few perks(milk runs for some) but thats just one of many opinions and oh yeah, run a few of those old commercials.  :old:
"There is one unalterable difference between a soldier and a civilian: the civilian never does more than he is paid to do."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2018, 08:46:33 AM »
I never saw a commercial on TV.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2018, 01:01:10 PM »
I never saw a commercial on TV.
...and why would you cause you were probably napping in your lazyboy with the crossword puzzle in your lap.  :neener:
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2018, 01:06:15 PM »
...and why would you cause you were probably napping in your lazyboy with the crossword puzzle in your lap.  :neener:

Hey now that's my job.

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2018, 01:20:51 PM »
New york city air show September 15-16 would be a great venue to have a banner flying or to pay a vendor to display a poster. I'm going and would love to walk around with a sweet AH tee-shirt ;)  cough-cough* <3 you Dale

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: In response to What will it take thread?
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2018, 01:56:08 PM »
Days of internet cafes in the west are over. They are all but completely closed in these parts.

There are a large number of Internet cafes in various Los Angeles communities.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2018, 11:29:51 AM »
I am still lurking, trying to find a reason to come back.
JG 52

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2018, 10:53:20 AM »
I am still lurking, trying to find a reason to come back.

because I miss you :salute

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2018, 01:45:48 PM »
Something to think about.

Our capture the flag game appeals to people who like working with others to achieve goals as a team while mitigating personal risk by being part of a group. Coexisting with that in the same arena are solo players who like to take risks to achieve personal goals and glory. One of the most popular games right now for iGen and even millennials is Fortnite. It has two separate game arenas. The first appeals to people who like working with others to achieve goals as a team while mitigating personal risk by being part of a group. The second for solo players who like to take risks to achieve personal goals and glory.

This is the emotional attraction core of group gaming online when you get rid of all the bells, whistles, and game community centrist ideology and mythology. Some games successfully support both types of player in one arena, others have two separated offerings. The first type is the herd nature of people and Fortnite is filled with them getting their needs fulfilled. While the second type will always show up where the herd is, then want something more to their liking which Fortnite gave them a KOTH arena.

Is it really a catching up with the competition or, communicating that Aces High provides a venue for both types of players? Fortnite obviously does not have the parents and grandparents of the iGen and millennials building forts and fragging husks as team mates, Aces High has that in it's own unique mixed generations way. Most nights I can hear at least two of the three generations on VOX. If new perspective players can get as far as the tower inside the MA, look around and listen for 10 minutes, then leave. What is really not attractive to them? The action or hearing gramps all night on VOX?

Who is really attracted to Aces High? Urban millennial hipsters and iGen children of middle class parents or blue collar demographics like tow truck company owners with kids, or truckers with a PC, or active and retired military? Over the years I've found many of our players worked for roofing, carpentry, and plumbing companies. One was a butcher for COSTCO, one a quickie mart manager, some basic IT workers, policemen, EMT, farmers and even a long haul trucker in Australia. I ran across a few college students and even one working on his Phd specifically about the Russo-Japanese War at Oxford. And the cadre of real world civilian and retired military pilots who very rarely mention that to anyone.

My impression of Steam is it caters to millennial hipsters and iGen children of middle class parents in a generalized way. Many of our competition lean in that direction and their interfaces appear to support that impression of who they are primarily trying to attract. Even if Hitech did all that keeping up with the Kardashians eye candy and function bling thing, the same demographic that leaves after 10 minutes would still leave after 10 minutes listening to VOX.

Some nights you could get the impression from VOX, Aces High is only subscribed to by 40ish to 50ish citizens of Texas and a few surrounding states just listening to the loudest conversations.   
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Online AAIK

• Nickel Member
Re: In response to What will it take thread?
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2018, 04:18:40 PM »
There are a large number of Internet cafes in various Los Angeles communities.

They do exist, but not as they once were and they are on the constant decline. If anyone wants to read the net they just load up their smartphone. The only surviving internet cafes I have seen in this area are run by Chinese people/gamers and a bunch of former-internet-cafes who are basically call and money transfer shops now. Its like the decline of generic LANs/LAN parties: Everyone has decent net these days compared to when we all had 56k modems so there is little point in getting together to play/share files.